Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeQuestionsSignatures

Thoughts on the book I bought18603

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

What do you all think are the signatures real? I took a $10 gamble on this book would you? Bought from my LCS.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would do the cheap Beckett verification if you are really not sure. But I'm thinking who would forge those signatures?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I would do the cheap Beckett verification if you are really not sure. But I'm thinking who would forge those signatures?

Those wouldn't be the profitable signatures to forge, but they're pretty cool nonetheless! I'd do as @Bronte and try out the Beckett verification. It's something like $10 and you send in a photo.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
I’d do slab only with signature verification. Those signatures seem legit and you’ll get the coveted yellow label. The book speaks for itself. No need to grade it. Sometimes signatures are worth more than the actual book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Josh7945 has a point, but that looks like a nice copy, and some of those chunky anniversary books can be hard to find in high grade because the spine tends to tear at the corners. I'd consider getting it graded, too, but maybe with a pre-screen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I have multiple Sal Buscema signatures that I personally obtained from Sal as a guest.
That signature looks as real as anything I've ever seen.

Great signature to get! Sal does not do any shows anymore and hasn't for quite some time. And the guy is one of the remaining "old time" Marvel artists
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Look I love the Hologram covers and all the foil and gimmicks stuff they did in the 90s it has Signatures that’s a plus if your in to I am not in to the signature thing but some are. Even with out signatures it’s still a cool book
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I have multiple Sal Buscema signatures that I personally obtained from Sal as a guest.
That signature looks as real as anything I've ever seen.

Great signature to get! Sal does not do any shows anymore and hasn't for quite some time. And the guy is one of the remaining "old time" Marvel artists

Agreed. That looks like a legitimate Sal signature. So sad these guys are getting too old to even enjoy signing at shows.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
sal's does legit based on picture comparasons. If someone to fake signatures theyd fake stan lee's as his is worth the most.

But faker could have faked them for that reason. no one would question those. so Id be safe and double check
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be surprised if they aren't legit sigs.

It's basically a $10 book in NM raw if bought off eBay; unsigned.

It's a book you can still pull out of a .50 cent box at shows but it's also probably more commonly priced at $5-$20 at shows.

At $10 from your LCS, there's virtually no incentive for them to try to forge the sigs on it.

I remember buying an Adv Of Sups 500 (or 505), the white bagged book, with at least half a dozen sigs on it for $1.00 at a LCS, a few years ago.

Popped it in a Mylite2 + Full Back, some kid bought it out of my $10.00 boxes at a con and damn near hugged me for selling it to him at ten bucks.

I'm 99% sure all the sigs were kegit....I want to say it had a COA from Dynamic Forces with it but I can't recall.

Anyway, raw VF/NM or better 90's books with sigs are basically $10 books.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder
You make some good points, but you also have to do some research sometimes. This baby, for example, may not have any signatures on it (no way am I opening up that slab), but...

Folks will drop $500+ for one of these because high-grade newsstand editions of this book are extremely (Extremely) rare.

We're in total agreement that the majority of books from the '90s and '00's are just not worth that much, even if they're signed. However, there are still those gems out there and it's a good idea to make sure of what you have.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601445 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?