Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder I just experienced harsh grading at CBCS. CGC isn't doing bad on moderns. I am submitting a Captain Marvel 26 but I'll be lucky if it gets a 7.5 grade but then again it cost me a couple of bucks so no loss.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you chasing signatures like me, Francis Manapul says he’s charging $5 per raw sig and $10 for CBCS/CGC witnessed signatures.

Frank Cho is $5 raw, $30 witnessed.

Does anyone know how much Liam Sharp charges?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Scott Hanna was also added last minute.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Last year Groupon had discount tickets don’t see them this year but will keep checking.

Yep - if you could keep update this thread if they're is a Groupon, I would much appreciate. I haven't purchased my tix yet either.

Checked one last time today and no discount tickets on Groupon.

They do have discount tickets to FaerieCon which is happening this weekend in Baltimore as well:

FaerieCon 2022
For over a decade, revelers, families, and lovers of music, arts, faerie, and fantasy gather annually to "experience the magic of the realm." From October 28-30, FaerieCon celebrates its 15th anniversary in Baltimore with three full days devoted to the magical life.

This family-friendly event appeals to all ages and brings together faerie fanatics, artists, authors, and music acts from around the globe for a weekend of storytelling, art, live music, dancing, costumes, fashion shows, and shopping. Attendees shed their inhibitions to dance, commune, meet with faerie and fantasy artists, and find new friends during the three-day celebration.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Post pics if you're there. Never been since it's so close to NYCC, but I'd like to live vicariously through you fellow boardies.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Anyone that happened to go today see any last minute cancelations? I know sometimes they don't update the website much once it starts
Post 106 IP   flag post
Friend went today and spent almost the entire time he was there in line for Dringenberg. Hoping to fit in my witnessed sigs tomorrow and nab a couple for the raws.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Grell was on the list but I did not see him so my Batman 400 is still missing his signature.

I had two books for Joe Quesada who I thought would be here for some reason.

Alan Davis stopped signing by 4pm so I won't get him unless I stick around until 12:30pm tomorrow.

Got all of my other signatures done today.

Tomorrow I will be back in the morning to finish three things.(because I did not have time to go back to the car to reload my cart).

I sm giving MCS my signed hardcovers and prints.

Comic Connect is taking my PGX slabs.

Desert Wind is taking a box of books for their signing with Sal Buscema on Monday.

When I get that done I will decide if I will wait for Alan Davis.

I gave Captured Collectibles a couple books for Frank Miller but MCS will bring them to my house on Monday when they come for my slabs.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
Friend went today and spent almost the entire time he was there in line for Dringenberg. Hoping to fit in my witnessed sigs tomorrow and nab a couple for the raws.

Good luck! Envious!
Post 109 IP   flag post
@multi007 one good thing about con prices generally being way above fmv - I don't get distracted too much looking through boxes 🤣
Post 110 IP   flag post
It was a great first day for me yesterday. Mostly got my OA signed. As for prices: Al Milgrom is $10 raw $15 graded. Ann Nocenti was $5 per signature. Klaus was $10 for raws and I didn't ask how much for slabbed as I am getting Frank Miller first before getting Klaus to sign my books which will be graded.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Most are 20 or 25 for witnessed from what I've seen so far, got all my books to be graded done and dropped off. Just hunting raw sigs now...for anyone trying to get the Simonsons or Alan Davis expect a pretty long line. Most others don't seem too bad though.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Anyone get a signature for Jim starlin? How much was he charging?
Post 113 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8 @SpiderTim thanks for the information!
Post 114 IP   flag post
@antoniofett starlin was 20 raw 30 graded if I remember right.
Post 115 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got home about 30 minutes ago.

Managed to get everything done snd left early.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Running out of room...may have to buy a second copy for next year.

Post 117 IP   flag post
On a side note, I love Barry kitsons signature.
Post 118 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8 thanks man!
Post 119 IP   flag post
Friend was in line for the Simonson and said they ended up booting all of the retailers etc to the back of the line for fans to get sigs. Love seeing artists prioritizing fans.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Friend was in line for the Simonson and said they ended up booting all of the retailers etc to the back of the line for fans to get sigs. Love seeing artists prioritizing fans.

Good thing I got there first thing on Friday.
Post 121 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter and I have had a great time.

Picked up a few pre-code horror books (I'll post them to the "New to your Collection" thread soon), went to the Babe Ruth Museum, Edgar Allan Poe's grave and now we are on our way to Poe's house/ museum.

Finally got to meet @sborock about an hour ago, shake his hand and chat with him a bit. It was nice to finally meet him after all these years on the forum.

All in all it's been a great trip.
Post 122 IP   flag post
I had a successful weekend overall as well. Would have liked to pick up more asm back issues, but I did fill in some gaps so I'm happy.

Got every sig I wanted pretty much besides the Simonsons - need to get vip next year if they're back for that lol they had the longest lines of anyone at the con for the entire show - didn't see them with less than 50 people in it both yesterday and today. 9 books out for grading, and now I need to buy another skyline variant for more sigs - may have enough room for a couple more, but at 33 sigs it's getting pretty full.

Takeaways : Al milgrom is super nice and likes to tell stories literally for hours, spent a lot of time at his booth just like I did at Jim shooters last year(also likes to tell stories), and Joe Rubinstein is also a super nice guy, and surprisingly as popular as he is and as much work as he's done, his prices are super cheap both for sigs and prints.

He moved booths for today so if you're looking for him he's right by milgrom.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 great to hear! Sounds like you had a blast.

working on 2 joe Rubinstein commissions myself.
Post 124 IP   flag post
@multi007 the last few times I've gone I haven't brought nearly enough cash along to get a commission done lol my first will probably be this summer with sam de la Rosa. No matter how much I try to prep for it, never seems to be enough 🤣
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
@multi007 the last few times I've gone I haven't brought nearly enough cash along to get a commission done lol my first will probably be this summer with sam de la Rosa. No matter how much I try to prep for it, never seems to be enough 🤣

I actually contacted Sam and his assistant got back to me last week, he’s not taking commissions because he’s just so busy with the cons. He does simple commissions at conventions, but nothing too elaborate. I’m going to see him in January when he heads to ft lauderdale. Hope to get some good things from him then.
Post 126 IP   flag post
@multi007 thats what I'm planning on, he's gonna be at a con nearby in I think June or July, just gonna get something smaller done.

He has been at a ridiculous amount of signings and cons lately, surprised he has time to do much of anything lol
Post 127 IP   flag post
I had such a wonderful show! Only thing that couldn't be completed was the 3 books that I took for Frank Miller and Klaus Janson to sign. I stood in his line for 3 hours and was very close to getting in the room when they announced that Frank wouldn't be finishing the signing. I thought initially that it might have been a health issue but apparently, it wasn't.

Was able to spend time with Steve Borock whom I hadn't seen since 2016! Saw several comic collector friend and met a lot of art collectors, which was really fun. I also had an interesting talk with Albert Moy.

Al Milgrom is wonderful! I went to his booth so he could sign 3 pages of art I had for him and 1 of them was a Rich Buckler page of art. He proceeded to narrate how Buckler once showed up to his house with a couple of thugs to beat him up! lol

I was able to get Mike Dringenberg for his signing at the Heroe Initiative which was my main goal for the con.

I had to stand in line Saturday at Walt Simonson's line for 4 hours but I was able to get his signature on 10 books. I was also able to get him to do a quick sketch of Darkseid for me.

After finishing getting signatures on all my art and comics I had brought from abroad I proceded to get signatures on the Yearbook. I was able to get 21 signatures on it and went to get the free prints which I got John Beatty and Mike McKone to sign them. It was almost closing time so Jill Thompson had already left when I tried getting here signature on here print.

Jim Lee signing event was a HUGE line but I got him to sign my unpublished Superman cover I got from him.

The Ringo awards were very fun and getting to hang out with creators is very fun! I was seated with Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and we had a nice talk.

This year I was able to achieve 46 signatures in the show's program which beats my previous record of 43 in the 2016 program!

All in all this show reafirms my belief that Baltimore Comic-Con is the best convention to attend for comic centric fun.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
All in all this show reafirms my belief that Baltimore Comic-Con is the best convention to attend for comic centric fun.

Indeed it is!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Agreed. When it comes to wanting to meet a ton of guests and get good books and art, honestly I think it beats out nycc. MUCH better guest list, and not as much of a crowd(although it gets plenty of attendance).
Post 130 IP   flag post
619266 138 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?