Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Nuffsaid111 hoping there aren't issues like there was at nycc, but I'll definitely keep an eye out. I've limited my amount of books to be signed already due to changes in the guest list, so that helps.

Also helps that several of the guests I'm getting sigs from have been pretty vocal about being very "fans first" and not pandering the retailer and influencer crowd.

If you see someone step out of the line to go get one of the staff with these Whatnotters, it'll be me. Say hi!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Well since that may be an issue, if anyone happens to go Friday - if trish forstner actually does have eight billion genies exclusives and you can pick me up one I'd owe ya one 😁
Post 77 IP   flag post
On a side note, I wonder if it's too late to have a shirt made up that says "F*ck Influencers" to wear to the con πŸ€”
Post 78 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Ugh .... I just got wind that a substantial amount of that WhatNot/Youtube/Insta crew is going to be at Baltimore.
The last remaining vestige of something nice for the collectors/hobbyists will now be overrun by those (I'm trying to be nice) influencers.

If that's the case I'm glad I'm not going to BCC with the hope of getting signatures. Good luck!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
On a side note, I wonder if it's too late to have a shirt made up that says "F*ck Influencers" to wear to the con πŸ€”

You create that; I'll buy that and wear it proudly
Post 80 IP   flag post

@Nuffsaid111 gonna check with Michael's tomorrow and see if they could do it before the weekend
Post 81 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I'd buy one!!!
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector lukkychukky private msg quote post Address this user
Well... I was excited to get my Irredeemable hardcovers signed by Mark Waid, but he cancelled this year, too. Dangit. Does he ever show up to cons?
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@lukkychukky I've attended several cons in the East Coast and West coast and frankly this is the first time I've heard of Mark cancelling. He's been in almost all of the cons I've attended except Ontario Comic-Con so his convention presence is very high. Maybe that has changed since COVID hit.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector lukkychukky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
@lukkychukky I've attended several cons in the East Coast and West coast and frankly this is the first time I've heard of Mark cancelling. He's been in almost all of the cons I've attended except Ontario Comic-Con so his convention presence is very high. Maybe that has changed since COVID hit.

Well, that sucks. He cancelled this same Con last year, so maybe he has something against the BCC one in particular...? I just wanna get some Irredeemables signed, man!
Post 85 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
More cancellations today including Joseph Linsner.

Among the ten books I had for him to sign were seven variant covers I bought from my local comic store last week.

With that said I only have about two short boxes for this show and almost everything is organized.

Just have to swap out ten bags and board for window bags and I am ready for the show.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I see John Timms and Katie Cook on that list as recent cancellations too.
Post 87 IP   flag post
I have mine in windows bags all good to go, only 7 being witnessed sigs, and another few for just grading. Maybe 10 or so for raw sigs, looks like my skyline project will be up to 35 sigs after this weekend.
Post 88 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I see John Timms and Katie Cook on that list as recent cancellations too.

Katie cancelled last year as well when a huge tree fell on her house and new car.

She told me the story when she signed my books at NYCC this year.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Seems there was a few additions to the cancelation. Somehow I seem to have gotten lucky so far and no one I had books for has canceled(besides bendis and romita jr).
Post 90 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
I've been waiting for a cancellation of a WhatNot-er.
Sadly, none seem to come
Post 91 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I'm more so hoping to see some show and promptly get kicked out for trying to cause some drama like nycc.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
My pressing/comic office room right now, getting ready for subs to CBCS & CGC on Sunday at Baltimore.....

Ugh.
Post 93 IP   flag post
I should have started pressing books, at least a month ago...
Post 94 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder nice setup! I finished my pancakes this morning and my suitcase is ready to roll! Baltimore here we come!
Post 95 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Hey! I will be there this weekend and would love to meet and talk with some of ya "face to face" for a change.
I should be at the Mycomicshop booth, but if I am not there, ask them to call my cell #. If I am not in the middle of a deal/consignment, I will come to the booth.
If I don't see some of you, have a great time!
It is, IMHO, one of the last "big" cons that still attracts me as it's still just a big show, not like the insanity and costs of SDCC and NYCC. Just like Heroes Con, this is still a great big show that's not too big......yet.
Post 96 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know of the con will have early badge pickup, etc. And, if so, when?
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
@ComicHoarder nice setup! I finished my pancakes this morning and my suitcase is ready to roll! Baltimore here we come!

Thanks,I keep my humidification chamber in the basement and usually don't have this much stuff all over.

Anyway, just curious....how many books did you get pressed for submissions to CGC/CBCS this weekend?
Post 98 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder for submission? about 25 books
Post 99 IP   flag post
Yeah, that's about all that I'll be bringing on Sunday, unfortunately. Or maybe that's not so unfortunate 🀷

Than again, I also am very reticent about the new grading hires at both companies who have made subbing into almost a nightmare over the past 6-12 months.

That is why most books are being overgraded to such the degree they are now, @ironman also pointed this out on a recent thread regarding overly tight CBCS (and CGC) grading.

None of the newer graders want to be known as soft so they hammer all books.

Some keys I want to slab now, I am just holding back, indefinitely.

That kick in the gut is made even worse by the decline in FMV on most books after the 2020-21 pandemic speculation boom and the likely recession ahead.

One example of a book I'm.holding back on subbing is a Captian Marvel #26 (1st Death appearance, 2nd Thanos)

It'πŸ’, the white border on the miswrap made it for an easy lock at 9.8 after I pressed it...but with grading now, it could just as easily get a 9.6 as a 9.8. Or even a 9.4.

Drop in FMV from a 9.8 to 9.6 is well over $1000, last I looked.

I can't take that kind of risk, and really, no one should have to take such risks.
Post 100 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder I just experienced harsh grading at CBCS. CGC isn't doing bad on moderns. I am submitting a Captain Marvel 26 but I'll be lucky if it gets a 7.5 grade but then again it cost me a couple of bucks so no loss.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you chasing signatures like me, Francis Manapul says he’s charging $5 per raw sig and $10 for CBCS/CGC witnessed signatures.

Frank Cho is $5 raw, $30 witnessed.

Does anyone know how much Liam Sharp charges?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Scott Hanna was also added last minute.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Last year Groupon had discount tickets don’t see them this year but will keep checking.

Yep - if you could keep update this thread if they're is a Groupon, I would much appreciate. I haven't purchased my tix yet either.

Checked one last time today and no discount tickets on Groupon.

They do have discount tickets to FaerieCon which is happening this weekend in Baltimore as well:

FaerieCon 2022
For over a decade, revelers, families, and lovers of music, arts, faerie, and fantasy gather annually to "experience the magic of the realm." From October 28-30, FaerieCon celebrates its 15th anniversary in Baltimore with three full days devoted to the magical life.

This family-friendly event appeals to all ages and brings together faerie fanatics, artists, authors, and music acts from around the globe for a weekend of storytelling, art, live music, dancing, costumes, fashion shows, and shopping. Attendees shed their inhibitions to dance, commune, meet with faerie and fantasy artists, and find new friends during the three-day celebration.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Post pics if you're there. Never been since it's so close to NYCC, but I'd like to live vicariously through you fellow boardies.
Post 105 IP   flag post
615422 138 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?