Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to note, a bunch more artists were added - including al milgrom!

I'm a hardcover venom and Carnage collector, so that's huge for me lol
Post 51 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I had over 100 books for Brian Bendis and a pretty good pile for Mark Waid.

Now that both have cancelled it seems that more than half of the books I am bringing are for Ann Nocenti.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I got somewhat lucky, only had a couple books for bendis and romita jr, the rest haven't canceled yet.

Last year with the covid spike I had over half the artists I wanted to get sigs from cancel last minute.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos and allows you to buy more comics!
Post 54 IP   flag post
And surprisingly, milgrom doesn't charge much at all. 10 for sig, 15 if witnessed. 60 for remarque, 65 witnessed.
Post 55 IP   flag post

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Iceman399 Just email me what you are bringing and I will make sure, if I am not at the booth, they know you are giving to us. sborock@cbcscomics.com
See ya there!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure my Baltimore list looks more like my wife's grocery list....but much longer!!! Lol
Post 57 IP   flag post
@Batman79 I'm glad I signed up for CLZ. It would be impossible for me to find asm back issues that I need without it lol. I think I prepare more for this con every year than I even did for my SATs 🤣
Post 58 IP   flag post

Greg Horn isn't on the guest list, but he confirmed he will be at the con and he will have show exclusives available.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@drchaos and allows you to buy more comics!

I doubt he needs to put that wad towards buying more comics, he's already got a truckful of slabs headed to mycomicshop for fixed price consignments.

Than again, I'm swimming in books and I keep buying more, so yeahhhh. 😆🤣😂
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
A collector never stops collecting
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 he doesn't state were he will locate his gianormous booth. I need to get his signature on a couple of comics.
Post 62 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim he did say it's a smaller booth this year because of being kinda last minute
Post 63 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder

Right now he is paying of two more zero percent credit card used to pay for said comics.

After paying Chase $14.7 K last month and paying down the two remaining cards BOA is due $20K in mid November while AMEX is due $20K at the end of February.

Whoever dies with the most comics wins.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Just announced, Joe Rubinstein and Rick leonardi also added to the guest list.

Well, guess I'm adding a couple more books to that witnessed list..
Post 65 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
And Mike Drigenberg - that's a pretty darn big name that one never sees on the convention circuit. And I go to nearly all of them in the Northeast for years and years and years
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 yeah they had noted it was a rare appearance - too bad I don't really have anything of his lol
Post 67 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Just a note about Dringenberg again.
Just got an email from BCC. He is there one day only. Limited autograph tickets being offered at Hero booth when doors open. Limit 5 per person.

Thankfully, I always purchase the 1/2 hour early entry ticket. There's potential danger otherwise of being shut out.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 I think tickets being sold out is still a risk even with early entry because of vendors.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
@Nuffsaid111 I think tickets being sold out is still a risk even with early entry because of vendors.

That's a damn good point!
Although we all know this methodology for the last upteen years, it's really coming to light as of late and you're right. There is danger.

I will say this though, Marc Nathan, the show promoter is not the NYCC promoters who just don't give a damn about fairness.
I watched one year having him send the vendors that were in the front of Walt Simonson line to the back of the line. He knows what's going on and instructs his security to watch the hot artist, hot aspects of the show for those that abuse the system.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 agreed. I have only been to the last few, but the message overall has been very fan oriented and not solely based on vendors or retailers. I was a little disappointed at the amount of facilitators clogging up some lines last year, but nowhere near the stories I hear from nycc.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Ugh .... I just got wind that a substantial amount of that WhatNot/Youtube/Insta crew is going to be at Baltimore.
The last remaining vestige of something nice for the collectors/hobbyists will now be overrun by those (I'm trying to be nice) influencers.

If you see someone on a line that wasn't in front of you previously.
If you see someone on a line that you can't understand how they got there before you.
then yep, you've been Whatnotted from an influencer.

There goes the neighborhood.
I'll make sure I alert the honchos and will be quite vocal about it
Post 72 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 hoping there aren't issues like there was at nycc, but I'll definitely keep an eye out. I've limited my amount of books to be signed already due to changes in the guest list, so that helps.

Also helps that several of the guests I'm getting sigs from have been pretty vocal about being very "fans first" and not pandering the retailer and influencer crowd.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know if Garth Ennis will be staying for all 3 days?

I've got a bunch of books for him for CGC SS subs, and would rather go to the show on Saturday or Sunday as that'd give me more time to press other additional books for submission for blue labels.

But the last thing I want to do is get there Sunday morning and Ennis is long gone.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder usually they show on the guest list if they're one or two days only, his doesn't show anything so I'd assume he'll be there the whole weekend.

Last year a lot of guests had specific hours for signings though so may want to check that out first thing when you get in - some were only signing for like an hour a day.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Nuffsaid111 hoping there aren't issues like there was at nycc, but I'll definitely keep an eye out. I've limited my amount of books to be signed already due to changes in the guest list, so that helps.

Also helps that several of the guests I'm getting sigs from have been pretty vocal about being very "fans first" and not pandering the retailer and influencer crowd.

If you see someone step out of the line to go get one of the staff with these Whatnotters, it'll be me. Say hi!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Well since that may be an issue, if anyone happens to go Friday - if trish forstner actually does have eight billion genies exclusives and you can pick me up one I'd owe ya one 😁
Post 77 IP   flag post
On a side note, I wonder if it's too late to have a shirt made up that says "F*ck Influencers" to wear to the con 🤔
Post 78 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Ugh .... I just got wind that a substantial amount of that WhatNot/Youtube/Insta crew is going to be at Baltimore.
The last remaining vestige of something nice for the collectors/hobbyists will now be overrun by those (I'm trying to be nice) influencers.

If that's the case I'm glad I'm not going to BCC with the hope of getting signatures. Good luck!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
On a side note, I wonder if it's too late to have a shirt made up that says "F*ck Influencers" to wear to the con 🤔

You create that; I'll buy that and wear it proudly
Post 80 IP   flag post
615421 138 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?