Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim btw already talked to Beatty - 25 witnessed sig, 100 witnessed remarque.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how much John Romita, Jr. is currently charging for raw sigs?

Thank you!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not sure, was hoping to get some sigs from him this year, until he canceled almost immediately lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@SpiderTim btw already talked to Beatty - 25 witnessed sig, 100 witnessed remarque.

He charges more for Secret Wars 8
Post 29 IP   flag post
@drchaos I had asked him specifically about sw8 and those were the prices he gave me. Maybe he charges less for other books? Don't remember, had him sign a different sw8 last year but wasn't witnessed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 what about raw? my SW8 is really really beat up I am not slabbing that its just to keep raw
Post 31 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim I had mine signed raw last year, I think it was 10 or 15 for a raw sig.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Batman79 did you happen to get that shield at a con? I've seen a booth selling them the last 2 years, was tempted to get one lol
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sabastk8 shield was purchased online. I recommend doing it if you can. It's a blast to have something you can continually get signed. I have been sticking to everyone that has either drawn, written, etc Cap or during his time in the Avengers.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@Batman79 working on my asm 700 skyline for now. Similar idea, everyone who's ever worked on asm(up to 700). Currently at 16 sigs and a remarque, adding another 15 or so and another small remarque this time.

May have to do some hunting online and see if I can find one decently priced 😊
Post 35 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 Out of seven books he charged me an extra $20 per book for both copies of Secret Wars # 8.

One of the other books was Punisher LS # 1 but that book was regular price.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Trying to figure out what I'm gonna need to bring(and plan to spend for grading) for sigs etc, if anyone has any recent prices for witnessed sigs from these artists I'd appreciate it:

Tony Fleecs
Trish Forstner(I think she signs for free, but probably charges for witnessed?)
Brett Breeding(had him sign my asm 700 last year and think he charged 10 or 15 for unwitnessed)
Klaus Janson
Louise Simonson
Walt Simonson(from what I read he signs and does remarques for a donation)
Jim Starlin
Greg Larocque

Those are the only witnessed sigs I'll be looking for, the rest on my asm 700 will just be signed, and most last year were like 10 bucks or free so I'm not as concerned with that(although it's gonna be about 15 additional sigs).

Getting down to the wire, hoping there's not many more cancelations. Managed to get off work Saturday so I'll have 2 full days to fit everything into - missing out on so much at my first time there in 2019 has made me very diligent in planning especially for signings.
Post 37 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter and I are flying in Thursday and flying out Monday so I'm hoping we can catch lots of cool stuff.
Post 38 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor in the past? If so how is it? I have two hotels booked currently and I'm going to cancel one. Trying to figure out which to cancel.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 is that the one pretty much right across from the convention center? If so, I've never stayed there but heard good things about it, and definitely a prime location for the con - literally a minute or two walk to the entrance(depending on which part of the building they're using this year).
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8 Yep its right next door to the convention center. Thanks! It's so hard to tell based on reviews on the net.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I think the only negative thing I heard was the hotel seemed kinda dated. But personally, as long as it's clean and the beds are comfortable, that's all that matters to me lol.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Trying to figure out what I'm gonna need to bring(and plan to spend for grading) for sigs etc, if anyone has any recent prices for witnessed sigs from these artists I'd appreciate it:

Tony Fleecs
Brett Breeding(had him sign my asm 700 last year and think he charged 10 or 15 for unwitnessed)
Klaus Janson
Louise Simonson
Walt Simonson(from what I read he signs and does remarques for a donation)
Jim Starlin
Greg Larocque

Those are the only witnessed sigs I'll be looking for, the rest on my asm 700 will just be signed, and most last year were like 10 bucks or free so I'm not as concerned with that(although it's gonna be about 15 additional sigs).

Getting down to the wire, hoping there's not many more cancelations. Managed to get off work Saturday so I'll have 2 full days to fit everything into - missing out on so much at my first time there in 2019 has made me very diligent in planning especially for signings.

Klaus was $10 upgraded at NYCC. I think $20 for graded
Post 43 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8 Agreed 100% I'm not buying the place... just living there a few days. 🍻
Post 44 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967

For me renting the parking frim Spot Hero and commuting from 20-30 minutes out allows me to get a better place to stay on the cheap instead of overpaying to stay in Baltimore.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I'm actually OK with staying downtown, @drchaos, even if it does mean overpaying.

I was able to get a room at the convention rate so that helps. Plus my daughter and I want to see some other stuff down there, too, like Poe's grave and the Babe Ruth birthplace museum. So being able to drop our con stuff off at the hotel and then heading back out to do other stuff is going to be handy.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
For me renting the parking frim Spot Hero and commuting from 20-30 minutes out allows me to get a better place to stay on the cheap instead of overpaying to stay in Baltimore.

This 100%
I stay at the BWI hotels on Nursery Road. Much cheaper and only 15 - 18 minutes away
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector SoulReaverDan private msg quote post Address this user
Right now my signature list is:

-Paige O'Hara (Beauty and the Beast VHS slipcover)
-Gene Luen Yang (Superman Smashes the Klan 1-3)
-John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men 1)
-Alan Davis (Excalibur 1)
-Tony Fleecs (Stray Dogs+Dog Days)
-Trish Forstner (Stray Dogs Dog Days, I got Stray Dogs last year)
-Mark Buckingham (Miracleman: Golden Age TPB)
-Steve Orlando (Marauders Annual, 1-7)
-Terry Dodson (Still need to dig for what covers I have/want signed)
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector SoulReaverDan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

IIRC from last year she did a number of signatures for free, charged after a certain number, and charged for remarques or witnessed signatures.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@SoulReaverDan that's what I figured, seems common price for witnessed sigs is around 25 for most artists.

I have a couple for her and fleecs to sign, including the stray dogs exclusive baltimore comiccon tpb from last year.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Just to note, a bunch more artists were added - including al milgrom!

I'm a hardcover venom and Carnage collector, so that's huge for me lol
Post 51 IP   flag post
I had over 100 books for Brian Bendis and a pretty good pile for Mark Waid.

Now that both have cancelled it seems that more than half of the books I am bringing are for Ann Nocenti.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I got somewhat lucky, only had a couple books for bendis and romita jr, the rest haven't canceled yet.

Last year with the covid spike I had over half the artists I wanted to get sigs from cancel last minute.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos and allows you to buy more comics!
Post 54 IP   flag post
And surprisingly, milgrom doesn't charge much at all. 10 for sig, 15 if witnessed. 60 for remarque, 65 witnessed.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615422 138 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?