Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Getting close to time for baltimore, what are you looking forward to/anything special youre looking to pick up?

For myself, numerous sigs, good group of books to send for grading, and I'm gonna see how many sigs I can collect in the yearbook!

Also - was rumored Trish Forstner will have copies of an exclusive limited print run of eight billion genies 1 that I'd love to pick up a copy of(if they have any by saturday morning).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Frank miller signing for me! Lots of great artists there this year. It's difficult this year for me due to the Mcfarlane signing coming up. Ready to rock, regardless!!! Unfortunately, NOT using CBCS this year because their turn around time....blows, and I refuse to feed more money to a company that hasn't got me back my order from LAST Baltimore Con. I never pound the company's drums like others do. Time for some accountability.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not generally a signature guy so I doubt I'll be getting any autographs. I kind of feel like I should, though, given the large number of artists that will be present.

I've been putting together a list of books that I'll be trying to find... mostly older, obscure books that aren't so readily available online. If I can even find one or two of them, I'll be pretty happy.

Since this is the first time I've been to the Baltimore Con, I'm just hoping for a large dealer's room with lots of dealers carrying a large selection of older books at fair prices.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 there are usually a ton of dealers, so I doubt that will be a problem. Prices are like any con, some too high and some fair priced. Last day of the con is always a good bit cheaper as most are.

The guest list is awesome this year, I picked up a few books just to get sigs and meet certain people - especially older artists who may not go to cons for much longer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
there are usually a ton of dealers, so I doubt that will be a problem. Prices are like any con, some too high and some fair priced. Last day of the con is always a good bit cheaper as most are.

That's what I figured, @Sebastsk8. I'm not flying home until Monday so I will definitely be there on Sunday. So, yea, I'm hoping that I can get some deals at the end of the show. And who knows... I may get a sig or two.

Actually, for me, the coolest part of this con will be that I'm going with my 27-year-old daughter. With just the overall busyness of both of our lives (just like everyone else, I guess), we don't see one another as often as I'd like. This trip is going to give us a chance to spend quality time together - just me and her.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I am so excited to be going back to Baltimore for the con! I have started looking at what art I am bringing to the event to get signed. Among some are Jim Starlin, Keith Williams, Klaus Janson, Steven Grant, Jim Lee, Howard Mackie, Jose Luis Garcia and Ron Marz. For books I've paid for 3 Frank Miller signatures so I guess I'll get him on 3 to be determined books. I have an ASM spidey that I need Mike McKone to sign and have to go through my entire collection to see what else I bring.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim Congrats!!! So many good names there!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim similar list for me, Janson, Breeding, Fleecs, forstner, starlin, both walt and louise Simonson, Beatty, larocque on witnessed books - and then about 15 people for my work in progress asm 700 skyline.

Most books I've wanted I've grabbed on ebay, but I'll be on the lookout for asm fillers to try and complete as much of my run as I can.

Also talked to Saviuk about getting a remarque, just still debating what I want.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Last year Groupon had discount tickets don’t see them this year but will keep checking.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Last year Groupon had discount tickets don’t see them this year but will keep checking.

Yep - if you could keep update this thread if they're is a Groupon, I would much appreciate. I haven't purchased my tix yet either.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I did see a couple artists post their booth #s already as well, although they don't have any listed on their site yet. I'm assuming they're starting to hand out booth #s and set out the floor plan - which is always great, because that means the guest list should be pretty concrete.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back home from the last day of NYCC.

Will probably start preparing for Baltimore in a couple days.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@drchaos I'd like to do both next year, but that would be a lot of hassle and $ spent in one month lol

I'd say maybe I'd try just nycc, but baltimore always has such an amazing lineup it'd be hard to miss out on that.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait!
Such a great con!
Mycomicshop will be set up there, please stop by our booth and say "Hello"!
If you have art or comics to consign to us there, you can make an appoint with me to meet up with you. Just email me: sborock@mycomicshop.com

Looking forward to seeing you all there and also seeing so many old friends there as well!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I can't wait!
Such a great con!
Mycomicshop will be set up there, please stop by our booth and say "Hello"!
If you have art or comics to consign to us there, you can make an appoint with me to meet up with you. Just email me: sborock@mycomicshop.com

Looking forward to seeing you all there and also seeing so many old friends there as well!

Do we need to fill out the online paperwork like normal or just bring them to the booth? (nothing too exciting just a bunch of slabbed 9.8's)
Post 15 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Bendis just cancelled.

I only had about 100 books for him to sign.

Here is the current cancellation list:

Brian Michael Bendis
Gene Ha Courtesy of Hero Initiative
Greg Hildebrandt
Shawn McManus Courtesy of Hero Initiative
Pop Mhan
David Pepose
John Romita, Jr.
Mark Waid
Post 16 IP   flag post
@drchaos yeah, a friend had a few for me to get signed by bendis for him - good thing he didn't ship them to me yet lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Bendis just cancelled.

I only had about 100 books for him to sign.

Here is the current cancellation list:

Brian Michael Bendis
Gene Ha Courtesy of Hero Initiative
Greg Hildebrandt
Shawn McManus Courtesy of Hero Initiative
Pop Mhan
David Pepose
John Romita, Jr.
Mark Waid

That aucks, sorry to hear that.

I only have books for one writer to sign and he has not canceled...will have about 6 or so for him to sign...his sig typically bumps up GPA around double (on select issues) and it'd really blow if he cancels.

I'd check GPA and see which books aren't too influenced by Bendis sigs and sub those for blue labels, hold back on the others, unless they're hot books that will drop by the next signing opportunity.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have...

1 just louise Simonson
1 louise and Greg larocque
1 Brett breeding and Klaus janson
1 John beatty
1 Keith Williams and Alex saviuk
1 walt Simonson
1 Tony Fleecs and trish forstner
2 for Jim starlin

2 of those I picked up in the last week, I really need to stop buying books lmao

In addition to those being witnessed, probably another 5-7 for just grading.

Of course if I find any deals while I'm there that list could grow..
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have...

1 just louise Simonson
1 louise and Greg larocque
1 Brett breeding and Klaus janson
1 John beatty
1 Keith Williams and Alex saviuk
1 walt Simonson
1 Tony Fleecs and trish forstner
2 for Jim starlin

2 of those I picked up in the last week, I really need to stop buying books lmao

In addition to those being witnessed, probably another 5-7 for just grading.

Of course if I find any deals while I'm there that list could grow..

Probably better off looking for deals on books that weren't written/illustrated by creators on this year's Baltimore guest list.

Dealers tend to pump those books up, at least dealers with half a 🧠., or don't give much discount on them bc they figure (usually correctly ) there will be increased demand for them from attendees that didn't bring books for signings.

Best to have all books for sigs done by the show imho...not to.mentuon, time spent looking at such books is time you could have spent looking for under valued books.

For signings, I make sure the book in question will demand a significant premium over a blue label of the same book... not so easy to do that on the fly, unless you fund a dealer that is dumb/poorly prepared aaabd who also wasn't picked over during the 1 ir 2 dealer set up days.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder yeah, the majority of the books I have for signings I've had since the beginning of the year or longer. Only a couple I've picked up as they added more artists to the list.

Majority of them are black suit spidey related for the signings(asm 252, sw8, mtu 141, web of spidey 1). Recent pick ups were a stray dogs 1 acetate and last night I found an extremely nice looking marvel super heroes winter special(first squirrel girl) and figured I may as well have starlin sign that one while he's there.

Unfortunately for me, a lot of the artists at the top of the list I'd like sigs from tend to stick to the west coast(a good bit of key venom book artists).
Post 21 IP   flag post
Doing the miller/janson dark knight returns books myself....but going through the other team. That story is still my favorite batman story ever. Hope to get the absolute signed too by both. Still think I have 13 signatures for my cap shield to get there. If you notice the shield at the con, that's me!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Is CBCS doing a private signing with Frank miller at the con?
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Batman79 I don't believe so. Miller's tickets are just too pricey for me and I don't really have any of his books worth signing. $100 for a sig(not even witnessed prices) is kinda bonkers.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I need Klaus Janson on the Miller books I am getting signed too! @Sebastsk8 thanks for the heads up on SW8 I'll also take it for John Beatty to sign
Post 25 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim btw already talked to Beatty - 25 witnessed sig, 100 witnessed remarque.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how much John Romita, Jr. is currently charging for raw sigs?

Thank you!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not sure, was hoping to get some sigs from him this year, until he canceled almost immediately lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@SpiderTim btw already talked to Beatty - 25 witnessed sig, 100 witnessed remarque.

He charges more for Secret Wars 8
Post 29 IP   flag post
@drchaos I had asked him specifically about sw8 and those were the prices he gave me. Maybe he charges less for other books? Don't remember, had him sign a different sw8 last year but wasn't witnessed.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601537 138 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?