Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic Con18550

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@multi007 the last few times I've gone I haven't brought nearly enough cash along to get a commission done lol my first will probably be this summer with sam de la Rosa. No matter how much I try to prep for it, never seems to be enough 🤣

I actually contacted Sam and his assistant got back to me last week, he’s not taking commissions because he’s just so busy with the cons. He does simple commissions at conventions, but nothing too elaborate. I’m going to see him in January when he heads to ft lauderdale. Hope to get some good things from him then.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 thats what I'm planning on, he's gonna be at a con nearby in I think June or July, just gonna get something smaller done.

He has been at a ridiculous amount of signings and cons lately, surprised he has time to do much of anything lol
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I had such a wonderful show! Only thing that couldn't be completed was the 3 books that I took for Frank Miller and Klaus Janson to sign. I stood in his line for 3 hours and was very close to getting in the room when they announced that Frank wouldn't be finishing the signing. I thought initially that it might have been a health issue but apparently, it wasn't.

Was able to spend time with Steve Borock whom I hadn't seen since 2016! Saw several comic collector friend and met a lot of art collectors, which was really fun. I also had an interesting talk with Albert Moy.

Al Milgrom is wonderful! I went to his booth so he could sign 3 pages of art I had for him and 1 of them was a Rich Buckler page of art. He proceeded to narrate how Buckler once showed up to his house with a couple of thugs to beat him up! lol

I was able to get Mike Dringenberg for his signing at the Heroe Initiative which was my main goal for the con.

I had to stand in line Saturday at Walt Simonson's line for 4 hours but I was able to get his signature on 10 books. I was also able to get him to do a quick sketch of Darkseid for me.

After finishing getting signatures on all my art and comics I had brought from abroad I proceded to get signatures on the Yearbook. I was able to get 21 signatures on it and went to get the free prints which I got John Beatty and Mike McKone to sign them. It was almost closing time so Jill Thompson had already left when I tried getting here signature on here print.

Jim Lee signing event was a HUGE line but I got him to sign my unpublished Superman cover I got from him.

The Ringo awards were very fun and getting to hang out with creators is very fun! I was seated with Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and we had a nice talk.

This year I was able to achieve 46 signatures in the show's program which beats my previous record of 43 in the 2016 program!

All in all this show reafirms my belief that Baltimore Comic-Con is the best convention to attend for comic centric fun.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
All in all this show reafirms my belief that Baltimore Comic-Con is the best convention to attend for comic centric fun.

Indeed it is!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Agreed. When it comes to wanting to meet a ton of guests and get good books and art, honestly I think it beats out nycc. MUCH better guest list, and not as much of a crowd(although it gets plenty of attendance).
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector SoulReaverDan private msg quote post Address this user
Overall, this was a pretty successful convention for me, though not quite as much as I hoped.

My really big goal was to get a sketch cover from Terry Dodson - and I succeeded! Got a pretty cool head sketch of Red Sonja on a blank cover for Invincible Red Sonja #1. I'd hoped to have it witnessed but the way the line was moving and it still being the first hour of the con, my wife wasn't able to flag down a witness in time. Oh well, it'll go in a solid top loader and still go on display.

The other really big one I was excited for, even if it wasn't a huge deal value wise, was getting all three books of Superman Smashes the Klan signed by Gene Luen Yang. It's my favorite Superman story and he was available enough I was able to gush without feeling like I was taking up a ton of time.

Got some signatures from Steve Orlando on Marauders #1-7 and Annual #1, which was mid-priority for me but was really glad I got them, as well as rounding out my Fleecs and Forstner signatures on Stray Dogs #1-5 and Dog Days #1-2.

The lines for John Cassaday and time coordination for Alan Davis didn't work out, but I'd only brought a few books along just in case, they weren't a huge priority. I missed that Waid and Buckingham had both cancelled, which was a bigger bummer - I recently got first prints for Kingdom Come and was looking forward to getting those signed by Waid.

Shopping was honestly less successful. I don't know if I just have weirdly specific tastes, but the selection this year seemed to be on pretty extreme ends of either really, really old/high end stuff, or just kinda random dollar books/bulk books. There wasn't a lot of I guess "mid-grade" books to hunt through, which is where most of my targets were going to be settled in - I wound up hitting up eBay after the con.

That said, I did get my top priority purchase for the weekend, and that was the last three issues of Miracleman I needed to complete the Alan Moore run, #10, 14, and the elusive #15. I hope to pick up the Gaiman/Buckingham issues sometime from the original Eclipse run (at least the Golden Age issues if not realistically able to get #23-24), but for now having my complete run of the main story is a huge win.

Overall a good con, though. Lots of cool stuff to see, not too crowded, and a good spread of guests to check out. I don't go to a ton of comic cons, but I always look forward to Baltimore!
Post 131 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Had a BLAST! Getting seeing so many friends after 5 years! It was also great meeting many new friends! We were so busy, I never got to see everyone, bummer...
No clue why Billy Tucci (Artist/creator extraordinaire!) is giving me a smooch, he must love Mycomicshop.com! LOL!
Here are a few pics from the con:

Post 132 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Good to see you at the show, it has been a couple years since I saw you at NYCC.

The guys are here loading the last fifty boxes into the truck now.
Post 133 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@sborock Good to see you at the show, it has been a couple years since I saw you at NYCC.

The guys are here loading the last fifty boxes into the truck now.

Great seeing you as well!
Keep the MCS boys working! LOL!
Post 134 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

If you want to see some of the pictures check out my other thread about transporting a large quantity of comics.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector MyComicShop private msg quote post Address this user
Some pics I took at the show:

DanDidio and Frank Miller speaking at the Diamond Retailer Summit regarding Frank Miller Presents

Ceza and Alex processing a consignment drop-off

Steve working with an art collector

James and Heather LePore, long-time customers and friends of MCS/Lone Star who gave us a hand-made Batman pillow Heather made for Buddy

Overstreet Editor JC Vaughn with a really nice condition copy of issue #1 of the OSPG, 1st printing. I bought it at the show (not from JC) and it includes the original mailer envelope and contemporaneous handwritten notes from Bob Overstreet to the buyer

Our 26 foot truck filling up with material we picked up, combination of buys and consignment pick-ups but biggest chunk of it are consignments.

Post 136 IP   flag post
About that time, books coming back from cgc...highlight of those definitely being the secret wars 8 I had beatty sign came back a 9.8.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyComicShop
Some pics I took at the show:

Steve working with an art collector

that's Steve working with me on my consignments!
Post 138 IP   flag post
600839 138 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?