Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector sylcarlin private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering if anyone sent comics in for grading that had writing or felt pen marks on the cover.
Secondly has anyone sent in a comic with the centre page missing.
What grade did you get back considering the grade would be a6.0 without the defects
Wondering if I should grade action 252 with writing and a felt name on the cover and Batman 181 with the centrefold missing
Thanks for your time
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would definitely grade the 252. Even with writing the book still is a big enough key to where someone will want it.

The batman book I would lean towards a green label cgc vs cbcs. But that would be just a resale investment in my mind. Not a real grade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a xmen 33 in with some writing on the cover. It came back as a 4.0. I believe the book was probably 7.0 to 7.5 otherwise. It was a really solid copy but their was a small amount of writing in marker on the cover.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
The Batman #181 is a 0.5, as it's incomplete. If you'd like CGC to call it something else and give it a green label, they will.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Batman #181 with the centerspread missing and the green label from CGC:

I have a marked preference for CBCS, but for a book with a piece missing, see if you can get a green label from CGC. It looks better, it'll fetch a higher price if you're selling, and the defect is clearly stated so it's not like you're trying to pull a fast one.

Welcome to the forum!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
601245 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?