Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Mistakes happen, so I guess it was only a matter of time18508

I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Well he does specifically say they are not for sale and are part of his personal collection.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Well he does specifically say they are not for sale and are part of his personal collection.

Yep - and therein lies the unfortunate situation. These books are for him to retain; and yes they are ruined. The guy has his head on straight knowing full well Conway did not work on these books.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I think once CGC was aware of the problem, they should have had the two books signed by Roy Thomas also. The books would each have two signatures, but at least they would have the correct one that the client requested.

Only correct answer I've read in this thread.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Yea... I'd be upset if I were to keep these.
On the flip side, many kooks in this hobby get their books signed by individuals who had nothing to do with a book. It's epidemic and idiotic

So if these 2 are for the owner, yep - I feel bad for him.
If they were intended to be sold - they'll sell. There are plenty of other kooks out there who have no clue what they're doing.[/quote If it's a special book you wanted signed I get. If it's a flip I get. My feelings are one day a signed book won't carry any premium. If its sentimental ok but it's just me but I would rather not have my books signed. It's not something you commissioned. It's a mass produced comic.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i dont care if its for personal collection or resell. its still defective now
Post 30 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
They should have Roy sign and then also have the president of CGC sign with a remark(que). Perhaps a “D’Oh!”
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave I kinda like your non-serious side. It's refreshing
Post 32 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
They should have Roy sign and then also have the president of CGC sign with a remark(que). Perhaps a “D’Oh!”

thats the best option. that or get him a replacement, then have it signed, authenticated, graded, slabbed...free of charge. let them keep the conway tained copies
Post 33 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Davethebrave I kinda like your non-serious side. It's refreshing

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector SixgunSamurai private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
only at cgc theyd have someone sign comics they never worked on. I mean he did work on conan but not those issues.

Him signing it is like Dan Slott signing Amazing spider-man #300. yes he'd work on it eventually but his signature might as well be mine. its worthless

sucks too that its first appearance of Red Sonja.

I’m with you. It’s the worst with Stan Lee. People got him to sign all kinds of stuff he didn’t work on and now expect big bucks for the books.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunSamurai
I’m with you. It’s the worst with Stan Lee. People got him to sign all kinds of stuff he didn’t work on and now expect big bucks for the books.

100%
The funniest was when he signed books and didn't even know the character on the cover. And the response "BUT..." was always but it's Stan and blah blah blah marvel
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
All that matters is others want it; if not for PC.
If Flipper the dolphin is loosely associated with aquaman because aquaman can communicate with sea creatures than a bunch of loons will put value on an aquaman comic signed by Flipper.

I'd like to watch that signing from the boat.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
I'd like to watch that signing from the boat.

In reverse, I could always get Jason Mamoa to sign Flipper #1. He's "loosely" associated with Flipper.
Or maybe get Walt Simonson to sign Journey into Mystery 83.
Frank Miller to sign Daredevil #1

You get the idea....
Post 38 IP   flag post
598059 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?