CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Kickstarter for my first comic...18506

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash 😂
Post 26 IP   flag post
Update! I have a colorist who is hard at work. I'm still targeting the Kickstarter launch this Saturday. Please sign up for notifications by clicking here!

I am adding an additional cover variant because I like threes better than twos. The third cover is an homage of another legendary golden age cover, though one I've never seen used before. Three words...Ell Bee Cole

More details as we get closer to the launch.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Three words...Ell Bee Cole

Oooooh
Attention acquired.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Saved the Kickstarter! I am really looking forward to this Steve! I hope the KS blows away expectations for ya brother!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ok, I'm in the grind to get everything finished to launch the Kickstarter on Saturday. Looks like I'll make it, however...amateur it may look. Being my first time I certainly am learning with the pressure on me. lol

I thought I'd share the third and final variant with you guys. I'm pretty happy with this one. An homage to LB Cole's Mask #2. The young whipper-snappers may not appreciate it, but this project is for me. Hopefully some of you comic nerds enjoy the story I'm going to tell.

Anyway, here's the cover. I'll update once the campaign starts. Here's the link!

Post 30 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I love that cover! I'll take one, thanks.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, that's an awesome cover!!! Your colorist did a great job!!!
Post 32 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Cool!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Git it Steve...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Here's the final color for the Action Comics variant.
My colorist is Federico Pepito Sioc Jr, so I'd like to give him a proper shout-out for the fantastic job he's doing with my art. He is a wizard.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Here's an interior page so you can feast your eyes on Federico's amazing colors.
I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but here's the link to sign up to be notified when my Kickstarter launches!

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on launching the Kickstarter! I’d love to back but it says it only ships to the US. Shoot me a DM if there’s a way I can get one up here in Canada (was thinking about the Metal Action comic 1 homage)
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
I am also bummed that the physical copy is only available for U.S. distribution. We do have postal service in the Great White North.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Here's an interior page so you can feast your eyes on Federico's amazing colors.
I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but here's the link to sign up to be notified when my Kickstarter launches!

Just got the first sketch cover! Looking forward to it!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Fingers crossed for the Powerball win tonight, but we'll need a backup plan for pressing when you quit.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Well heck... I'll help kick this into gear! That Mask homage cover is nicely done, I think I'll have one of those.
Post 42 IP   flag post
600889 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?