Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, they went out this morning. The line at the post office was Hella long so I got there early today to beat the morning crowd. 🍺🍺🍺
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector WonkeyNinja private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, 45 day turnaround times are nothing compared to 200+ days a few years ago.
Post 902 IP   flag post
The two year turnaround time at cbcs sent me.backnto the certified kinda sort of guaranty conglomerate....I should have just stuck it out. 😭
Post 903 IP   flag post
Out for delivery today, let's go!
Post 904 IP   flag post
We're in baby!!! lets get it!
Post 905 IP   flag post

In and Paid!! Dudes and dudeettes major league butt kicking is back in town!!!
Post 906 IP   flag post
I have to wait about another month before I can send in my next one. Such is life I guess.
Post 907 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
VSP, Press and Grade...

Delivered: 11/1, ImagingSP: 11/1, Press In: 12/18, Press Out: 1/5 (46 business days)

Seven weeks for VSP seems excessive, three weeks for pressing is probably about right. I hope this to be through grading and production by the end of next week. We'll see.
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector marf private msg quote post Address this user
So my comics should be delivered to CBCS January 11, 2024. Most of comics are vintage standard grading only with 1 having VSP which I think adds at least 4 weeks? Does anyone know a rough estimate as to when they will be done and shipped back to me? Around March 11, 2024 or what? The post above said 7 weeks in VSP so maybe it will be after march 11?
Post 909 IP   flag post
Collector Nedesco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedesco
Quote:
Con dropoff Nov.25
Received Dec.1

Comic Reholder *grading*
x3 books, x2 VSP

Slab Only *received*
x5 VSP

Magazine Slab only *received*
x1 VSP

Update 12/28: Slab Only books entered grading, Magazine still in received status

Update 1/8: Slab Only and reholder orders shipped. Magazine raw grade still in received status
Post 910 IP   flag post
VSP, Press and Grade...

Delivered: 11/1, ImagingSP: 11/1, Press In: 12/18, Press Out: 1/5, Grading: 1/8, Labels: 1/9, Heat Seal: 1/9
Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by marf
So my comics should be delivered to CBCS January 11, 2024. Most of comics are vintage standard grading only with 1 having VSP which I think adds at least 4 weeks? Does anyone know a rough estimate as to when they will be done and shipped back to me? Around March 11, 2024 or what? The post above said 7 weeks in VSP so maybe it will be after march 11?
My current order only spent about 2 or 3 days in VSP before heading to the pressing room (where they've been for almost a week now). I have 3 comics that needed VSP with 4 signatures spread between them. I think that 7 weeks listed above is an anomaly.
Post 912 IP   flag post
Collector CLHuntley private msg quote post Address this user
Sent 5 books in, 2 of them with autographs to be verified. CBCS received them on December 7th. Today I got a FedEx shipping notification.
Post 913 IP   flag post
VSP, Press and Grade...

Delivered: 11/1
ImagingSP: 11/1
Press In: 12/18
Press Out: 1/5
Grading: 1/8
Labels: 1/9
Heat Seal: 1/9
Production: 1/10
Complete: 1/11

71 calendar days, 50 business days
Post 914 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
VSP, Press and Grade...

Delivered: 11/1
ImagingSP: 11/1
Press In: 12/18
Press Out: 1/5
Grading: 1/8
Labels: 1/9
Heat Seal: 1/9
Production: 1/10
Complete: 1/11

71 calendar days, 50 business days

I thought they had a guaranteed turnaround time. Or was that for a limited time?
Post 915 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I thought they had a guaranteed turnaround time. Or was that for a limited time?

VSP is all over the place. Our other active order was just press and grade (no VSP) and only took 20 business days.
Post 916 IP   flag post
Collector JoSchmo private msg quote post Address this user
Complete newbie here, first time submitting anything. Submitted one book for VSP, press, grade, with express tier.

Accepted/Invoiced: 24/01/09
Verification & grading marked complete: 24/01/12

It now says my book is in production. I know I chose the express tier but I almost feel like something went wrong. Is it even possible for them to do VSP verification, pressing, and grading in 3 days?? I mean, I'm not complaining haha just seems to good to be true from everything I've read on here.
Post 917 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@JoSchmo they are killing it!!!
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector Nedesco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Con dropoff Nov.25
Received Dec.1

Comic Reholder *grading*
x3 books, x2 VSP

Slab Only *received*
x5 VSP

Magazine Slab only *received*
x1 VSP

Update 12/28: Slab Only books entered grading, Magazine still in received status

Update 1/8: Slab Only and reholder orders shipped. Magazine raw grade still in received status

Update 1/12: Delivered! 49 days. Magazine raw grade in limbo
Post 919 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmo
Complete newbie here, first time submitting anything. Submitted one book for VSP, press, grade, with express tier.

Accepted/Invoiced: 24/01/09
Verification & grading marked complete: 24/01/12

It now says my book is in production. I know I chose the express tier but I almost feel like something went wrong. Is it even possible for them to do VSP verification, pressing, and grading in 3 days?? I mean, I'm not complaining haha just seems to good to be true from everything I've read on here.

VSP, press express, grade express

Delivered: 24/01/08

Invoiced: 24/01/09

Grading Complete: 24/01/12

In QC: 24/01/18

Not quite sure how people see press in, press out, heatseal etc. but based on the info I can find, seems like my express order is moving along faster than expected.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Quote:
Not quite sure how people see press in, press out, heatseal etc. but based on the info I can find, seems like my express order is moving along faster than expected.

This is THE weakness in the CBCS status reporting. The only way to get this level of detail is to check the "PRINT INVOICE" every damn day (or multiple times per day) and watch for status changes. Then you have to know that the order is signature verification, then pressing, then grading. Nowhere do they teach you this, we learned the hard way by watching order after order after order.

Express orders DO have guaranteed turn times, and they are very fast comparatively.
Post 921 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

This is THE weakness in the CBCS status reporting. The only way to get this level of detail is to check the "PRINT INVOICE" every damn day (or multiple times per day) and watch for status changes. Then you have to know that the order is signature verification, then pressing, then grading. Nowhere do they teach you this, we learned the hard way by watching order after order after order.

Express orders DO have guaranteed turn times, and they are very fast comparatively.

Ahhh, thank you for the info!!! I'd been searching the forums but couldn't figure it out. I've got to admit I've been checking the tracker and my order page every day lol but wasn't actually printing invoice every time. I can see it's in imaging now though!
Post 922 IP   flag post
VSP, press express, grade express

Delivered: 24/01/08

Invoiced: 24/01/09

Completed: 24/01/25

Book was just shipped out today so will be next week before I actually have it in hand but very happy with the express turnaround. Book was at CBCS for a total of 12 business days, and 17 total days. Very happy given the estimate on checkout was 5 weeks.
Post 923 IP   flag post
Collector ncamother private msg quote post Address this user
11/6 One magazine with vsp x5 received.
It says ‘processing’- what does processing mean, it’s still in processing
Post 924 IP   flag post
Processing means CBCS has it, it's not really a status. To get the real status you have to click on the order number, and then click on the "Print Invoice". That's the only way to get "current" information.
Post 925 IP   flag post
Collector Boba private msg quote post Address this user
I tried what you say but there was no indication of the order status. I gotta say a magazine (ST #1) sent in Nov 14th for grading and signature authentication hasn’t budged since I got an email saying it’s due for grading about a month ago. How often do they update the status on the work order or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Post 926 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Boba Your magazine order has been graded and is being encapsulated. Your second order is still in line to be pressed.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Thanks for the update. I’m sure I’ll eventually get better at this but I’m doing this on an iPhone which maybe isn’t the best way to interact with the site. Bob
Post 928 IP   flag post
Ok I have another question- I just got an email saying my order is complete and being made ready to ship. Can I see what grade was assigned and if my signature(s) were verified. I will likely try the dashboard again to find this in order status. Regardless it’s a thrill to think I’ll have it back soon!
Post 929 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba
Ok I have another question- I just got an email saying my order is complete and being made ready to ship. Can I see what grade was assigned and if my signature(s) were verified. I will likely try the dashboard again to find this in order status. Regardless it’s a thrill to think I’ll have it back soon!

Once it's marked shipped, you should be able to see the grades.
Post 930 IP   flag post
618083 999 30