Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
just got an email saying my 4 comic submission (2 new, 2 modern) hit grading room (do have a rehold but they did that already)

so took 6 days for them to officially receive it (after submitting it at a convention) and 4 days for it to be ready to looked at

they say they had a money back garuntee it would be done in the time said (30 days) but didnt believe it till they did. I figure either get it super fast or for free
Post 826 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Submission with six witness signatures at HeroesCon shows as having completed grading and reached production & processing in the tracker.

Submission with five sketch covers is still in invoicing. Kind of wish the sketch covers had processed first, but I expect they are trying to stay FIFO. It is odd that they haven't even charged the card yet.
Post 827 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
2 Modern comics
2 New comics
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023

1 modern rehold
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received and label stage June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023
Post 828 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Here's how we track CBCS orders. The red column headers are the states at which they send an email, the ones between you have to catch by looking at the "Print Invoice". The only way to tell that pressing is complete is that the state goes from Pressing back to Received before it reaches Grading.

All the ones in this image are magazine orders...

Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Here's how we track CBCS orders. The red column headers are the states at which they send an email, the ones between you have to catch by looking at the "Print Invoice".

I also appreciate this insight. Knowing all the possible statuses is useful. Unfortunately, I am now back to thinking VSP is going well beyond the estimated two weeks.
Post 830 IP   flag post

Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Here's how we track CBCS orders. The red column headers are the states at which they send an email, the ones between you have to catch by looking at the "Print Invoice".

I also appreciate this insight. Knowing all the possible statuses is useful. Unfortunately, I am now back to thinking VSP is going well beyond the estimated two weeks.
Like I said previously, my last VSP order went directly from Imaging to Grading, I've also had one go from Imaging to Received before it went to Grading. Either way, they never (in my experience) go from Imaging to Pressing as they don't seem to update it between the two. Your order should still be on time.
Post 831 IP   flag post
2 Modern comics
2 New comics
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023, shipped June 28th

1 modern rehold
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received and label stage June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023, shipped June 28th

I saw the grades. Big disappointment but Im fine. Not selling them anytime soon anyway. I got them for super cheap at a convention which their grades is probably why. Infinite crisis #3 saw for $20...got it in a 7 pack (with #5 and the other issues for $30....got it for $25...and the grades were 8.0 for #3 and 6.0 for #5)
Post 832 IP   flag post
Regarding VSP and timelines, my 3 comic new/modern VSP and pressing submission was delivered on May 9 and received by CBCS on May 11. Today, June 29, I received an email advising that my comics have moved to pressing. I can also see when I "Print Invoice" that the status is pressing. I believe that is 34 business days.
Post 833 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not an expert, but I assumed the vsp gives them an out on the guarantee. I have 3 books that are in pressing that had vsp, and I assumed I didn't qualify for the guarantee.

I hope I'm wrong. I had 2 magazine vsp that rocketed through. I guess pressing is still kinda behind?
Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Regarding VSP and timelines, my 3 comic new/modern VSP and pressing submission was delivered on May 9 and received by CBCS on May 11. Today, June 29, I received an email advising that my comics have moved to pressing. I can also see when I "Print Invoice" that the status is pressing. I believe that is 34 business days.
Wow, it looks like they are actually updating between VSP and pressing finally. They will probably be through pressing within a few days.
Post 835 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Order taken by CBCS at WA Summer Con 6/24.
6/29- Received
6/29- in Pressing
Post 836 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In regards to my order. I asked if it was under guarantee. Here is their response.

Unfortunately, your order does not qualify for the "Money Back Promise" promo. The promo is for orders with grading and encapsulation only. Any Add-Ons like VSP or Pressing do not qualify. VSP alone can add an additional estimated 2 business weeks. Then Pressing on top of that can add an estimated 12-20 business days, depending on the Pressing tier you choose. Hopefully this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach back out.
Post 837 IP   flag post
i dont know what was a bigger shock. my low grades or it took 2 weeks
Post 838 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
3 Vintage, 2 Modern (1 VSP), 1 Slab-Only (VSP) delivered to CBCS 5/10
-Modern book entered Pressing Today, 6/15
- All tiers entered Grading today, 6/29/23 Looks like all signatures passed 🤞🤞🤞
Post 839 IP   flag post
2 Modern comics
2 New comics
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023, shipped June 28th, delivered July 2nd, 2023

1 modern rehold
Submitted at heroes con June 16th, 2023, received and label stage June 22nd, 2023, hit grading table June 26th, 2023, hotseal June 27th, 2023, shipped June 28th, delivered July 2nd, 2023

I was shocked of how fast it took. a little over a week from when they officially received it (put into their system).
Post 840 IP   flag post
Quote:

Agreed, the VSP order shown above is now well beyond 30 business days at Imaging SP, while five of the other grade only orders are about to bang up against the 30 business day turn time guarantee.
Post 841 IP   flag post
Our VSP order was in Imaging/SP from May 10 through July 8, and is now back to just Received as it waits to enter Grading.
Post 842 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
It has been almost exactly three months since I submitted just over 1,500 books to CBCS.

There are six invoices with 569 books that are in billing or processing.

I think they have other submissions jumping ahead of mine due to the guarantee they put out for submissions starting on May 1st.
Post 843 IP   flag post
So I got the emails that my books have been moved into pressing on 6/29 but when I signed in it still says received/processing. Is that the usual? Appreciate the input.
Post 844 IP   flag post
- All tiers entered COMPLETED today, 7/13/23
Post 845 IP   flag post
- All tiers entered COMPLETED today, 7/13/23
- Order Shipped 7/13
Post 846 IP   flag post
May 8th recieved. VSP, pressing,

I think it just left pressing and is heading to grading.
Post 847 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
So I got the emails that my books have been moved into pressing on 6/29 but when I signed in it still says received/processing. Is that the usual? Appreciate the input.

I also received notification on June 29 that my comics had moved to Pressing. I check the status pretty often, but not necessarily daily. It stayed in Pressing for most of the time since June 29, but I noticed today that it once again says Received. I did not receive any notification of the change. Information posted by figment earlier in the thread indicates this is a normal stop between Pressing and Grading.
Post 848 IP   flag post
@Cerebus3000

Yes my books went from pressing to grading and it took a couple of days to get email stating the change.
Post 849 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user

Couldn't find the appropriate thread, apologies.
Post 850 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I also received notification on June 29 that my comics had moved to Pressing. I check the status pretty often, but not necessarily daily. It stayed in Pressing for most of the time since June 29, but I noticed today that it once again says Received. I did not receive any notification of the change. Information posted by figment earlier in the thread indicates this is a normal stop between Pressing and Grading.

My order moved to Heat Seal yesterday, and moved to Shipping today (July 20). Other than VSP it was a pretty quick turn around.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Submitted at SDCC 07212023, and appeared under my account the same day.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Quote:
6/29- Received
6/29- in Pressing

16 business days in pressing so far...hopefully they'll be out of Pressing by the end of the week
Post 853 IP   flag post
6/29- Received
6/29- in Pressing
7/27- in Grading
Post 854 IP   flag post
Jul 28, 2023 Processing.
Post 855 IP   flag post
611385 999 30