Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryC
Quote:
Quote:
Just getting in to comics a little later in life and seeing everyone excited with the anticipation of their submissions coming back makes me more excited to get mine.

I sent in 8 moderns. 7 for pressing and grade and 1 for just grading. 3 with signature verification. My order was received 4/19/23 and is still in processing. All standard times. Will update when something changes.

Just received email that my order is in pressing. Also should note my 8 books are new not modern

My invoice yesterday went from pressing back to received. Does that mean pressing tier is complete and they are waiting for the next service? If so pressing on the 7 books sent for pressing only took 5 business days to make it through that tier. All standard times selected for my order.
Yes, they are finished pressing and now in the queue for grading.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Wanted to take advantage of the Express tier promo and check out the current TATs.

Sent in 3 books "Vintage Express"

Marvel Super-Heroes 12
Marvel Super-Heroes 13
Incredible Hulk 180

Dropped off at the Post office 05/06/23

Arrived at CBCS 05/08/23

"Received" by CBCS 05/09/23

"Grading" 05/09/23

"Production" 05/11/23

Shipped 05/11/23

Returned via FedEx today - 05/15/23

So, they were back to me in 10 calendar days / 6 business days.

Very pleased. Back as promised and the books look great.
Post 777 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped off two submissions totaling 12 books at the post office on Saturday, 13 May 2023.

Submission one: 2 vintage, 2 modern, and 4 new books for pressing and grading.
Submission two: 4 new books for grading, one with VSP.

Books were signed for at CBCS 15 May.

16 May both submissions were marked on dashboard as "Processing." I also received email notification that all the books in the order with pressing had been "moved into the pressing area."

Will update as they move through the system.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh - looks like CS is back to their "old" tricks of not replying to emails in a prompt manner. The "New" CBCS still has vestiges of the "Old" CBCS...
Post 779 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinWillie
Ugh - looks like CS is back to their "old" tricks of not replying to emails in a prompt manner. The "New" CBCS still has vestiges of the "Old" CBCS...

this was one of two complaints I listed in the recent CBCS survey.
Post 780 IP   flag post

Collector CoryC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Just getting in to comics a little later in life and seeing everyone excited with the anticipation of their submissions coming back makes me more excited to get mine.

I sent in 8 moderns. 7 for pressing and grade and 1 for just grading. 3 with signature verification. My order was received 4/19/23 and is still in processing. All standard times. Will update when something changes.

Just received email that my order is in pressing. Also should note my 8 books are new not modern
just received an email that my submission has been moved to the grading area (5-24-23) Pressing started on 5-4-23 and was completed on 5-10 I believe
Post 781 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
I was notified this morning that my order was moved to grading. Sent these in for a signing event. Simon Bisley and Bill McKay.
Created the invoice on 3/17 and sent them in the next day. The Signing event was 4/1.

Post 782 IP   flag post
Collector Rljj812 private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted 3 books and they were received on 4/26. Fast approaching the 30day turn around time as I sit here on 5/26 and have not seen nor heard about any updates. So much for improved turn around times and guarantees about getting back to you in 30 days. At some point you have to decide if the time is worth the cost. My last submission of 3 modern books (No verification & No press) took a year. This is just frustrating.
Post 783 IP   flag post
@Rljj812 I believe it is 30 business days.
Post 784 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rljj812
So I submitted 3 books and they were received on 4/26. Fast approaching the 30day turn around time as I sit here on 5/26 and have not seen nor heard about any updates. So much for improved turn around times and guarantees about getting back to you in 30 days. At some point you have to decide if the time is worth the cost. My last submission of 3 modern books (No verification & No press) took a year. This is just frustrating.

Today is the 23rd business day. They should be shipped from Cbcs by next Thursday.

The money back guarantee also doesn't apply to your order.

Post 785 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Stop being the male equivalent to a Karen. Go eat a snickers bar and wait in line like the rest of the people
Post 786 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
3 Vintage, 2 Modern (1 VSP), 1 Slab-Only (VSP) delivered to CBCS 5/10

1 Modern (VSP) delivered to CBCS 5/31
Post 787 IP   flag post
2 Vintage, 4 New and 23 Modern (including 3 VSP) delivered 29 March.
Press and Grade.
Just moved from Grading to Heat Seal today, so just over 2 months for press/grade and VSP.
Pretty good IMO!
Post 788 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
All VSP and grading have been done. They are in Heat Seal now. 27 actual days later (haven't looked to see what that looks like for working days, but given the extras 2 weeks expected for VSP as well, well within the TAT they are advertising I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Package was delivered yesterday. Received an email today that it was received and processing. Invoice says "ImagingSP" whatever that means

Quote:
So, just submitted a new order, mailed it out yesterday via express mail and it's supposed to get there tomorrow. No press or press screen for any of them.

New Tier:
Miles Morales: Spider-Man #42 - VSP Ivan Tao

Modern Tier:
All Star Comics #58 [1976]
Harley Quinn #1 [2000]
Marvel Super-Heroes #8
Thor #351 [1985] - VSP Walt Simonson
Post 789 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Dropped off two submissions totaling 12 books at the post office on Saturday, 13 May 2023.

16 May both submissions were marked on dashboard as "Processing." I also received email notification that all the books in the order with pressing had been "moved into the pressing area."

2 modern and 4 new books moved from pressing to "Grading" today. Received emails and dashboard reflected the change. No movement on the vintage books, and the second submission shows no change.
Post 790 IP   flag post
2 vintage books moved to grading.

Still no action on the 4 new books without pressing.
Post 791 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just received an email that my submission has been moved to the grading area (5-24-23) Pressing started on 5-4-23 and was completed on 5-10 I believe

Just received an email that my order has gone to production and then another stating it’s in shipping 6/2/23.

So 8 modern/new all for pressing and grade with 3 signature verifications. All standard times

Received 4/19/23
Pressing 5/4/23
Grading 5/24/23
Shipping 6/2/23

Can’t wait to see my grades. Does anyone know how long before they get entered into the system for me to see? Thanks
Post 792 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one for you...

I delivered a group of 10 magazine orders to CBCS Plano on May 22.

One with VSP is three magazines, no pressing, and is currently at ImagingSP (not yet reached Grading).

Eight grade-only orders of three magazines each are currently at Grading.

The last order was nine magazines with pressing and is now past Grading at Heat Seal.

Gotta hand it to @SteveRicketts for achieving warp speed!
Post 793 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Well, the last order came in this past Friday. Brief background - in September of 2022, I had 2,443 modern books submitted to CBCS for pre-screening and grading over 11 orders. I called CBCS and asked them to return the books as I am a dealer and the delays were seriously impacting my cash flow in a negative way. CBCS emailed me to verify that sending them back to me un-screened/ungraded is what I wanted and I confirmed that I did. The sales manager for the Southeast U.S. also emailed me apologizing and asking if there is anything he could do.

From then on, I was pretty much ghosted and then CBCS started completing and shipping my orders very quickly which then put another cash flow crunch on me. My inventory had decreased prior to that to the point that my sales decreased sharply so adding a bunch of order payments on top of it was tough. CBCS did not process the orders chronologically so the last one I received this past Friday was from March 2022 - the last order I submitted to CBCS was from June 2022.

The only thing left is that I have a lot of raw books that were piling up during my cash flow problems that I want to get graded. Once that is done, I will then be completely out of the weeds. This has been a very tough year and a half - better days ahead!
Post 794 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just received an email that my order has gone to production and then another stating it’s in shipping 6/2/23.

So 8 modern/new all for pressing and grade with 3 signature verifications. All standard times

Received 4/19/23
Pressing 5/4/23
Grading 5/24/23
Shipping 6/2/23

Can’t wait to see my grades. Does anyone know how long before they get entered into the system for me to see? Thanks
As soon as they actually ship them and you get a tracking number the grades should be available to view.
Post 795 IP   flag post
Thank you. My order shipped out yesterday and I was able to see my grades as soon as that happened. Be in my hands tomorrow per Fed Ex. 8/8 on the 9.8’s!
Post 796 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Shipped today. So 36'ish real days total (I'm guessing 30 or so working days, maybe a few less actually). For 4 modern 1 new, no pressing, but 2 VSP's. Not too bad at all.

Quote:
All VSP and grading have been done. They are in Heat Seal now. 27 actual days later (haven't looked to see what that looks like for working days, but given the extras 2 weeks expected for VSP as well, well within the TAT they are advertising I think)

Quote:
Package was delivered yesterday. Received an email today that it was received and processing. Invoice says "ImagingSP" whatever that means

Quote:
So, just submitted a new order, mailed it out yesterday via express mail and it's supposed to get there tomorrow. No press or press screen for any of them.

New Tier:
Miles Morales: Spider-Man #42 - VSP Ivan Tao

Modern Tier:
All Star Comics #58 [1976]
Harley Quinn #1 [2000]
Marvel Super-Heroes #8
Thor #351 [1985] - VSP Walt Simonson
Post 797 IP   flag post
No email or tracking information yet, but all my books I sent in for pressing and grading are done; grades popped up on my dashboard this afternoon. Books sent for grading only are now showing as in the grading room.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Collector Rljj812 private msg quote post Address this user
It has now been over 30 business days and still no update on my 3 comics that have been submitted. Still not sold on the better run CBCS.
Post 799 IP   flag post
Quote:

Still no email or tracking on anything. Submission of 4 books with one VSP show as "shipping" on dashboard.
Post 800 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Still no email or tracking on anything. Submission of 4 books with one VSP show as "shipping" on dashboard.
You usually get the tracking number when they move from shipping to completed. That being said my most recent order is now completed and has been shipped out and for the first time I did not receive a tracking number. I got the automated phone call from FedEx so I know they are on the way but have no way of knowing where they are ATM.
Post 801 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow Yeah, I have played this game before. The grades showing up before shipping notification is strange, though.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I submitted 2 comics at the end of May - first time submitting anything directly myself, other than sending a book in for a signing event.

My order was submitted on the website on 05/26, for two comic books - one new with signature verification, one modern with just standard grading - both with the express option. I dropped the package off at the post office on 05/27, and USPS tracking shows it delivered just before lunchtime on 06/02. I got the only email I've received about this order on 06/05, stating that it had been received by the receiving department. On the dashboard, it's showing "Shipping" status. The order tracker shows "Invoicing", "Verification & Grading", and "Production & Processing" with their check boxes filled in with blue, while the "Shipping" is no longer greyed out and has the spinning arrow in the check box.

I paid for 2-day return shipping (I'm a fundamentally impatient person, and may be moving in the next couple of months, so I'm trying to get anything I'm having shipped sent quickly). If they ship them Monday and I receive them by Wednesday, that would put it at 8 business days from the books being received by CBCS to them being received back by me, or 6 business days from receiving to actually shipping. That's fairly impressive. I just wish I'd actually gotten more than the 1 email.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaDad81
So, I submitted 2 comics at the end of May - first time submitting anything directly myself, other than sending a book in for a signing event.

My order was submitted on the website on 05/26, for two comic books - one new with signature verification, one modern with just standard grading - both with the express option. I dropped the package off at the post office on 05/27, and USPS tracking shows it delivered just before lunchtime on 06/02. I got the only email I've received about this order on 06/05, stating that it had been received by the receiving department. On the dashboard, it's showing "Shipping" status. The order tracker shows "Invoicing", "Verification & Grading", and "Production & Processing" with their check boxes filled in with blue, while the "Shipping" is no longer greyed out and has the spinning arrow in the check box.

I paid for 2-day return shipping (I'm a fundamentally impatient person, and may be moving in the next couple of months, so I'm trying to get anything I'm having shipped sent quickly). If they ship them Monday and I receive them by Wednesday, that would put it at 8 business days from the books being received by CBCS to them being received back by me, or 6 business days from receiving to actually shipping. That's fairly impressive. I just wish I'd actually gotten more than the 1 email.

Now, the order is showing as completed on my dashboard, both books have grades and grading notes, but no shipping email, and I don't see a pending delivery in my FedEx app. Hmmm...
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector cardextreme private msg quote post Address this user
Submited 10 books in early Feb.(2 copper, 8 modern) Keep seeing marketing mails for "Were still on track with our fastest turn around times yet" and "Money Back Promise" Perhaps I didnt understand turn around times. Is it 30 working days per book?,
Just let me know if there are delays due to facilities or staff, I can understand. Just making sure I didn't fall through the cracks.
order 23-079DCA9
Post 805 IP   flag post
601204 993 30