Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The Steranko line always moves slow, mostly because he has a story for everybody and his signature itself is a work of art.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Two Vintage grade only orders dropped off Tuesday and marked as received today. I'm going to guess I'll have them back by this time next month, just in time to be considered birthday presents. We'll see...
Post 552 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
All but two of the books I have submitted in the recent past have been express with signature verification, and all have been processed within the promised express TAT.

Thank you.
Post 553 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Just filled out the form for 2 books. Good to see the TAT'S are coming back around. đź‘Ť
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to drop some vintage off soon. I am liking that tat.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Just wondering; where about in months are times at the moment?? Thanks
Post 556 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Just wondering; where about in months are times at the moment?? Thanks

Our last Vintage order (two books) was ready in eight business days.
Our last Modern order (ten books) was ready in six months.
Our current Reholder order (one book with rivets) is already at Labels after just three days.
Post 557 IP   flag post
@figment ty! I have two moderns for press screen heading out soon. đź‘Ť
Post 558 IP   flag post
Modern w/Press

Received: 1/12/22, Complete: 2/1/23 (385 total days)
Received: 2/15/22, Grading: 2/13/23, Heat Seal: 2/15/23, Production: 2/20/23
Received: 3/12/22, Grading: 2/11/23, Heat Seal: 2/15/23
Received: 3/31/22, ImagingSP: 2/15/23

Modern & New (grade only)

Received: 5/24/22, Complete: 2/7/23 (259 total days)
Received: 5/27/22, Grading: 2/14/23, Heat Seal: 2/15/23
Received: 6/15/22, Complete: 2/10/23 (240 total days)
Received: 7/18/22, Complete: 2/14/23 (211 total days)
Received: 8/16/22, Complete: 2/10/23 (178 total days)

Vintage (grade only)

Received: 2/17/23
Post 559 IP   flag post
Looks like things are moving along good!
Post 560 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment

Great update!
It's so peculiar how the months of May, June, July AND August (3 month span) All finished within 7 days of each other this month.
Post 561 IP   flag post
Modern w/Press

Received: 2/15/22, Complete: 2/21/23 (371 total days)
Received: 3/31/22, ImagingSP: 2/15/23, Pressing: 2/21/23

Vintage (grade only)

Post 562 IP   flag post
Then I want to get my books out asap before the time spikes again. đź‘Ť Thanks for the update.
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Then I want to get my books out asap before the time spikes again. đź‘Ť Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure if they'll ever spike that badly again. The submission glut caused by the pandemic is over, the insane price bubble appears to have mostly collapsed, and CBCS has really staffed up for their new facility. That said, I am certainly knocking on my wooden head out of extreme caution.
Post 564 IP   flag post
@figment same but either way I'm excited for cbcs.
Post 565 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
plan on submitting Infinite Crisis #3 (first appearance of Jamie Reyes) and #5 (first appearance of him as Blue Beetle) this june in honor of the movie.

Plus due to Gunn showing interest in doing a Booster Gold movie/series...will also submit my Booster Gold #1 (his first appearance)
Post 566 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
September 22 order of 30 grade only, no press, no signatures. Now in Heat Seal.

Still in Heat Seal...
Post 567 IP   flag post
Modern w/Press

Received: 2/15/22, Complete: 2/21/23 (371 total days)
Received: 3/31/22, ImagingSP: 2/15/23, Pressing: 2/21/23

Vintage (grade only)

Received: 2/17/23, Grading: 2/22/23, Heat Seal: 2/22/23
Received: 2/17/23, Grading: 2/22/23, Heat Seal: 2/22/23
Post 568 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I knew this was coming soon. just got an email from cbcs saying my 3 comic submission hit the grading room and will be graded soon. so I figure...what another month till I receive?

so:

Modern: 1 comic (Amazing spider-man #365 direct edition). Submitted at a convention June 24th, 2022. received August 15, 2022. Grading: Feb 22, 2022

New: 2 comics (Amazing spider-man #4, Saban's Go Go Power Ranger #8 paper doll variant). Submitted at a convention June 24th, 2022. received August 15, 2022. Grading: Feb 22, 2022

So 53 days from handing in to when they recieved,and 183 days from that to grading. so 236 days. not too bad

at least this time they did give me an email letting me know its grading and didnt take over a year for it to be. I wouldve been patient. I only was the last time because was still new to grading. thats why I only did one. to test the waters. see what to expect first hand.

good chance Ill have 0 submitted before I even consider grading my next set (plan on 3 or more in june at a convention)
Post 569 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
This is my first time submitting via CBCS so wondering how long is normal for books to be in “heat seal” status. It’s been about a week now so just wondering what other people experience.
Super excited that things are moving! 🤓
I love CBCS slabs!
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
This is my first time submitting via CBCS so wondering how long is normal for books to be in “heat seal” status. It’s been about a week now so just wondering what other people experience.
I love CBCS slabs!

Well... back in the day (i.e. the middle of last summer during the worst of it) Heat Seal could take months. These days it seems to be about a week until they get to Production, but like you we've got several orders that have been at Heat Seal for a week now so maybe that's still a bit fluid. Regardless, they are CLOSE to being done.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
I love CBCS slabs!

my first submission noticed it was in Hot seal stage and by next day was shipped. but timing could be wrong. I noticed it one day...couldve been that way for a week
Post 572 IP   flag post
ok looks like 2nd submission could be ready to ship very soon. its in labeling stage. so they take 14 months to do first..and all signs point to from the moment it was processing till shipped. could be 6 months.
Post 573 IP   flag post
I edited my post above. The Vintage books that went from Received to Grading this morning went from Grading to Heat Seal this afternoon.
Post 574 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment and then back to grading, then to shipping then to MCS then to the bank...
Post 575 IP   flag post
Quote:
@figment and then back to grading, then to shipping then to MCS then to the bank...

Actually these three vintage ones go back in the collection. It's all that modern crap that goes to MCS for lunch money.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 2 comics last summer (one in august and one in sept.) both were near the beginning of their months. I got an email saying one is now in grading. I was excited with this being my 1st graded comic and the 1st one I submitted is more valuable than the second. After getting home to verify the change in status I see the second one is the one being graded and the 1st that they got a month sooner is still in pressing. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Post 577 IP   flag post
I don't think they're done quite yet with pressing orders from that time, but I could be wrong. Keep an eye on the "Pressing" thread for updates from @SteveRicketts. And remember that different tiers move at different speeds, smaller orders move faster than larger ones, and that pressing is an extra step in all cases. Seems to me like you're right in line with what the rest of us are experiencing.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Actually these three vintage ones go back in the collection. It's all that modern crap that goes to MCS for lunch money.

all my stuff (though oldest is amazing spider-man #365) are for personal collection. One of these days will get some to display at least the two power ranger comics on the wall near my toy collection

Looking at buying a Ranger Slayer figure from the Lightning collection to go with the Go Go Power Rangers #8 (her first appearance in cameo) thats in the submission thats close to being done
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't think they're done quite yet with pressing orders from that time, but I could be wrong. Keep an eye on the "Pressing" thread for updates from @SteveRicketts. And remember that different tiers move at different speeds, smaller orders move faster than larger ones, and that pressing is an extra step in all cases. Seems to me like you're right in line with what the rest of us are experiencing.
Ty. they are both from the same actual series The late one is #8 from original secret wars, and the one I sent about a month later was issue #1. I got all the issues signed at one con, and a month later I managed to get another sig on the others(missed opportunity on issue #8 since I had already sent it off), hope its quickly behind this one, but if it gets a good enough grade (and isn't lost) I'll be happy. time will tell I guess. Thanks again for responding.
Post 580 IP   flag post
600723 990 30