Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep - all my signature verification books go to CBCS since only CBCS offers this service.
Post 26 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
This email was received this morning for one of my September 22' submissions.

Your 22-34DE988-MN is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

25 books (grade only) 7 modern. 18 new.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodblues
At this point is anyone here still sending in books?

@bloodblues - Absolutely. And, I will be sending in more.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Yep - all my signature verification books go to CBCS since only CBCS offers this service.

i like this service also.

used the new one and they were fast.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector cd4ever private msg quote post Address this user
Basic question. I sent in 15 books that were entered into the system on 10/1/21. No press, just basic cheapo moderns. After a full year at Processing, they just moved to Grading. Any thoughts on approximately how much longer I have until shipped?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I just had the exact same scenario just a month ago. Sent books in early August. When they moved to grading they were shipped about 3 weeks later. It was 13 books.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd4ever
Basic question. I sent in 15 books that were entered into the system on 10/1/21. No press, just basic cheapo moderns. After a full year at Processing, they just moved to Grading. Any thoughts on approximately how much longer I have until shipped?

Mine did this recently and it was the same week they were graded, sealed and shipped. So I think you should get them soon.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd4ever

@cd4ever - My last completed grade only took just under 2 months from when I saw notification that it went from Received to Grading.

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----7374-MD - 8 comics Grade only/No Press - Completed/Ready for Pickup 9/12, In Labels 9/2, In Grading 7/16, Received - Total Grade only TAT = <51 wks or 244 Business days.

Have you click the "Print Invoice" hyperlink on your Dashboard? If not, you may want to click it to see if you are in Grading or one of the later sub-status sections of grading. If you are in a later sub-status, you will likely see completed sooner as mine was completed a couple of weeks after i went to the Label sub of Grading.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector cd4ever private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector bloodblues private msg quote post Address this user
Outside of the VSP service I don't see the benefit right now to wait over a year for a standard submission. Just really bummed over the express tiers that pushed everything back further. I've had over 100 books with them since last September in a standard sub.
Maybe the magazine holders will be amazing and I can start sending them more books.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Ok, so heads up Florida members.
I found out today from CBCS customer service that called me to explain, the same thing that FedEx customer service tried to explain.
My 22-0A7356C Feb. 2022' submission (30 moderns all just grade only) shipped last Thursday with an ETA date of 10.2.22 (yesterday) and never came.
The reason as it was explained to me, it because FedEx has a hold on Florida deliveries due to the extensive flooding in various locations throughout the state.
Neither CBCS or FedEx has a time line as to when deliveries will resume.
Soooo.... My books are still at the FedEx hub in Mesquite, TX.
I am suppose to give it another 2 days to see if things free up for resumed deliveries.
If I have not heard anything by EOD Wednesday, I am to reach out to customer service at CBCS to see if they can do anything to help the process.
I understand that there are many areas in Florida that are still severely flooded and transportation in these areas is currently impossible.
To my knowledge, the main highways into Florida from Plano, TX to Orlando, FL (I-10 to Florida Turnpike) are not flooded nor blocked off. So hopefully FedEx will resume delivering ASAP.
Just thought other Florida members would like to know in case you are expecting shipments.
I will update as soon as I get more info.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 These are the books being held at FedEx in Mesquite, TX hub.

22-0A7356C-029 Wolverine #1 [1982] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-028 Venom: Lethal Protector #1 [1993] Certified 9.8
22-0A7356C-027 Venom: Lethal Protector #1 [1993] Certified 9.8
22-0A7356C-024 Uncanny X-Men #158 [1982] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-023 Super-Villain Team-Up #1 [1975] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-022 Spectacular Spider-Man #9 [1977] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-021 Spectacular Spider-Man #98 [1985] Certified 9.8
22-0A7356C-020 Spectacular Spider-Man #8 [1977] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-019 Spectacular Spider-Man #23 [1978] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-015 Punisher #1 [1986] Certified 9.4
22-0A7356C-014 Punisher #1 [1986] Certified 9.4
22-0A7356C-013 New Mutants #1 [1983] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-010 Firestorm #1 [1978] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-009 Firestorm #1 [1978] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-008 Droids #1 [1986] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-007 DC Comics Presents #49 [1982] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-006 Avengers #257 [1985] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-004 Amazing Spider-Man #197 [1979] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-002 Alpha Flight #1 [1983] Certified 9.6
22-0A7356C-001 Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #6 [1976] Certified 9.8
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector PikesComics private msg quote post Address this user
Can't find the post from who it was from but what ever happened to the guy who asked CBCS to return his 2000 books as he couldn't keep that much money locked up?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector origwolvie private msg quote post Address this user
I sent books in last year , july i was billed ,though cbcs states not entered till late August (according to the only person that still seems to be working , and to give a shit , Steve R ( thanks steve ))

Stated turnaround at the time was a total of 20 weeks , verify /press/grade ...which of course was a lie to start ....... After this company bills you, you are less than a piece of dog shit to them ....
You can call customer service , call the "representatives " email till your fingers bleed, and you'll only get a brief form letter , if you're lucky ..... return phone calls are non existent , after all you are now a hostage , ....hostages dont need explainations, or even the basic goddam decency of a reply.

To add insult to injury , they added costlier tiers , and starting plowing them ahead of all the comics that have been sitting there a year , ......if they deny that , "oh no...you stayed in "order" ...call em liars ....

Customer service is not even a term thats applicable to this company , its so pathetic.

Yes, I know , just another prisoner venting his frustrations , this board is nothing but that ...but for any new readers ....this is the real deal .... you're not valued here , nor will you ever be , it seems .... they got ur cash , and now .....you are totally without recourse .....facts ,just facts

And yes , its Oct /22 ...and no, I still don't have my books ....and no , its not a forgivable experiment .....no more soup for you .....
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry - they're working on it
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector origwolvie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

lololol cool story bro
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikesComics
Can't find the post from who it was from but what ever happened to the guy who asked CBCS to return his 2000 books as he couldn't keep that much money locked up?

That would be me. The rough timeline is that I left a voicemail back in early September that I wanted to cancel all orders except the oldest one from 8/2021 which was in "Heatseal". CS called me a week later to verify that canceling the orders is what I wanted to do and I replied yes, that is what I wanted to do. CS contacted the regional manager for the Southeast and he emailed me on 9/16/2022 wanting to know what assistance he could provide or if he could answer any of my questions.

I replied that day that I wasn't upset with CBCS as I know they are doing what they can to get things straightened out but that the lengthy TATs were killing my side business. But I did reiterate that I did want to cancel all but the one "Heatseal" order. Didn't hear back from the regional manager. I sent another reply 11 days later with the suggestion that moderns be in their own queue - which they may already be - as grading those books is much quicker than vintage ones. Again, haven't heard back from anyone at CBCS. Since then, my second oldest order from Sept. 2021 went from "Received" to "Grading".

Not sure what to do now as I don't want to be a pain but I need to get those books back.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinWillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikesComics

That would be me. The rough timeline is that I left a voicemail back in early September that I wanted to cancel all orders except the oldest one from 8/2021 which was in "Heatseal". CS called me a week later to verify that canceling the orders is what I wanted to do and I replied yes, that is what I wanted to do. CS contacted the regional manager for the Southeast and he emailed me on 9/16/2022 wanting to know what assistance he could provide or if he could answer any of my questions.

I replied that day that I wasn't upset with CBCS as I know they are doing what they can to get things straightened out but that the lengthy TATs were killing my side business. But I did reiterate that I did want to cancel all but the one "Heatseal" order. Didn't hear back from the regional manager. I sent another reply 11 days later with the suggestion that moderns be in their own queue - which they may already be - as grading those books is much quicker than vintage ones. Again, haven't heard back from anyone at CBCS. Since then, my second oldest order from Sept. 2021 went from "Received" to "Grading".

Not sure what to do now as I don't want to be a pain but I need to get those books back.

I would just keep trying. Keep us updated.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Best quote ever!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by origwolvie
I sent books in last year , july i was billed ,though cbcs states not entered till late August (according to the only person that still seems to be working , and to give a shit , Steve R ( thanks steve ))

Stated turnaround at the time was a total of 20 weeks , verify /press/grade ...which of course was a lie to start ....... After this company bills you, you are less than a piece of dog shit to them ....
You can call customer service , call the "representatives " email till your fingers bleed, and you'll only get a brief form letter , if you're lucky ..... return phone calls are non existent , after all you are now a hostage , ....hostages dont need explainations, or even the basic goddam decency of a reply.

To add insult to injury , they added costlier tiers , and starting plowing them ahead of all the comics that have been sitting there a year , ......if they deny that , "oh no...you stayed in "order" ...call em liars ....

Customer service is not even a term thats applicable to this company , its so pathetic.

Yes, I know , just another prisoner venting his frustrations , this board is nothing but that ...but for any new readers ....this is the real deal .... you're not valued here , nor will you ever be , it seems .... they got ur cash , and now .....you are totally without recourse .....facts ,just facts

And yes , its Oct /22 ...and no, I still don't have my books ....and no , its not a forgivable experiment .....no more soup for you .....

Absolute TRUTH!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I found out today from CBCS customer service that called me to explain, the same thing that FedEx customer service tried to explain.
My 22-0A7356C Feb. 2022' submission (30 moderns all just grade only) shipped last Thursday with an ETA date of 10.2.22 (yesterday) and never came.
The reason as it was explained to me, it because FedEx has a hold on Florida deliveries due to the extensive flooding in various locations throughout the state.
I am suppose to give it another 2 days to see if things free up for resumed deliveries.
If I have not heard anything by EOD Wednesday, I am to reach out to customer service at CBCS to see if they can do anything to help the process.
I understand that there are many areas in Florida that are still severely flooded and transportation in these areas is currently impossible.
To my knowledge, the main highways into Florida from Plano, TX to Orlando, FL (I-10 to Florida Turnpike) are not flooded nor blocked off. So hopefully FedEx will resume delivering ASAP.
Just thought other Florida members would like to know in case you are expecting shipments.

AMAZING what happens when you make a few phone calls.
Now Fedex tracking shows the package is out for delivery.
I'm not going anywhere. We will see what happens...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Just got an email telling me my submissions from Feb 22 and are still in processing will have their shipping delayed due to the hurricane...
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:

Your 22-34DE988-MN is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

This order is complete and ready for pick up.
They are going to MCS. 1st order to them. My pal Steve is persistent lol....
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

AMAZING what happens when you make a few phone calls.
Now Fedex tracking shows the package is out for delivery.
I'm not going anywhere. We will see what happens...

Package just arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

So that was absurdly fast on the Turn Around Time.
It was shipped to CBCS on 9.21.22
It was received at CBCS on 9.23.22
"Received" email was sent to me on 9.26.22
And "Completed/Ready For Pick-Up" email was sent to me today 10.4.22

So let me get out my trusty @Scifinator
That's 7 business days from in to out.... WOW........
Eat that CGC....lol....
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eat that CGC....lol....

Was this an express tier?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eat that CGC....lol....

Was this an express tier?

Nope. I only use the standard low cost tier.
I am still scratching my head as to how this order was done soooo much faster than my other submissions.
I have one from June that still says received.
Not complaining. Take what we can get.
MCS to pick up next week maybe....
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 crazy. I wouldn't argue though. I imagine that it's frustrating for those who are waiting for orders from 2021.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder I know. I waited 10 months to get back an August 21' submission.
Hopefully they can get all standard tier submissions down to 6 to 8 weeks like it was before Covid.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerindo
Been over a full year now. Still waiting for my books. The last I heard my books were in "pre-grading". Whatever the hell that means. Do they pre-ship and pre-receive as well? Maybe if they get rid of the "pre" stages they could cut tats down significantly.

Happy 1 year anniversary my books have the same anniversary date we are almost brothers lol
Post 55 IP   flag post
611374 999 30