Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

TRACK YOUR ORDER!!!18488

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
TRACK YOUR CBCS ORDER!!!!

You can now go to the CBCS website and track your order.

1) go to the CBCS website and log in.
2) copy all your order numbers.
3) select "tracker" in the top menu.
4) type or paste your order number.
5) select "track my order".

https://www.cbcscomics.com/

Credit goes to @WMorse for noticing this!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I used it to check my outstanding orders as soon as I heard about it. Super-easy to use and it's very clear where your books are in the process according to the tracker. Very nice!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the stages.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector JKfighter private msg quote post Address this user
That’s great!!! Except for the fact that they have my books for a year now and it still says processing - so glad they added this to track absolutely nothing, yay!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@JKfighter its tracking mine just fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Nice feature! My order is in Production & Processing!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Works for me maybe my nycc 2021 books will ship before Nycc 2022
Post 7 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
This might be nit picking, but shouldn't there be a pressing step in there?
Post 8 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I used it to check my outstanding orders as soon as I heard about it. Super-easy to use and it's very clear where your books are in the process according to the tracker. Very nice!

Me too...
Progress....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10

You ain't wrong, but one thing at a time
Post 9 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 - next version
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

Since not everyone opts for pressing it wouldn't apply to all orders. I have some books in for pressing that haven't reached step #3 yet, so I'm assuming pressing is included in step #2.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KaptainKia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nope. No nit picking. You are correct. It is in NO WAY accurately "Tracking" where your books are. I have an order sent in LAST October and has been sitting in pressing since November of 2021. The tracker says that it is in "Verification and Grading". Yet the "Print Invoice" link on the invoice detail screen still says "Pressing" like it has for 11 months'

They have NO tracking for pressing OR VSP processing. So how useful is it? Well...it's not.

Also...if its tracking my order how about a Date and Time that it went into that step of the process?

Sure...maybe they have plans in the the works to "expand" the tracking to be more precise at some point, but I for one would rather they focus on actual Processing and Customer Service before adding features that don't do US...the customers...any good.

And not to beat a dead horse, but 2+ YEARS for standard processing with pressing of a modern book?? That's 490 business days at pressing and 224 business days at grading!!!

No excuses....just focus on what gets our books to us quicker and NOT on useless tools that attempt to placate the masses...
Post 12 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
placation, anticipation, constipation, rotation, frustration, migration, sensation, congratulation lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKia
Quote:

Nope. No nit picking. You are correct. It is in NO WAY accurately "Tracking" where your books are. I have an order sent in LAST October and has been sitting in pressing since November of 2021. The tracker says that it is in "Verification and Grading". Yet the "Print Invoice" link on the invoice detail screen still says "Pressing" like it has for 11 months'

They have NO tracking for pressing OR VSP processing. So how useful is it? Well...it's not.

Also...if its tracking my order how about a Date and Time that it went into that step of the process?

Sure...maybe they have plans in the the works to "expand" the tracking to be more precise at some point, but I for one would rather they focus on actual Processing and Customer Service before adding features that don't do US...the customers...any good.

And not to beat a dead horse, but 2+ YEARS for standard processing with pressing of a modern book?? That's 490 business days at pressing and 224 business days at grading!!!

No excuses....just focus on what gets our books to us quicker and NOT on useless tools that attempt to placate the masses...

Your math teacher failed you 10/21-10/22 =1 year not 2 and 2 years worth of business days would approximately be 560 days not the number you pulled out your azz.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@teacha777 - in fairness to @KaptainKia the 490 and 224 numbers he/she is pulling is from CBCS stated TAT’s. Which, I still feel/suspect are errantly calculated on a 7 business day work week on a 5 business day work week.

As I have said before, if you reverse calculated the non-express tiers by seven days instead of 5, you come up with very similar TATS to that of the weekly estimates that were posted before CBCS went to the alleged 5 business day estimates. To date no CBCS rep/staffer has refuted my suspicion. I have thought that perhaps they know that there is an excessively errant calc, but are leaving up to manage expectations.

And now we have both Re-Holder TATs and VSP/ASP TATs at 21 business days and 28 business days. Now that looks like straight up 2 week and 4 week calcs that are again being errantly calc’d as 7 business days if they are truly 21 business day and 28 business day that means 4 weeks and 5 1/2 weeks.

I note all of this as all of my 2021 press & grade only have been completed well under the estimated TATs and look to be in line with the previously use weekly calc.

Right now my oldest un-completed press submission is at 68 weeks or 332 business days. 13 other submissions were completed with a combined TAT of 216 - 322 business days and one of those submissions included VSP.

So with the above information and the announcement today, by @SteveRicketts, that they have pressed all September 2021 submissions and are well into October at this point, @KaptainKia, my guess is that you’ll see some movement soon.

🤠
Post 15 IP   flag post
teacha777 you said...
"Your math teacher failed you 10/21-10/22 =1 year not 2 and 2 years worth of business days would approximately be 560 days not the number you pulled out your azz. "

Hey...Teacha777...I think it's your English teacher that failed YOU! Read it again! I never said MY BOOKS were there for two years. I said that CBCS now has a 2+ YEAR processing time!

Try putting down the beer and click on the TURNAROUND TIMES link on the top of the CBCS web page! Gee....what does its say?????????

Pressing for Modern Standard service.....490 DAYS!
Grading for Modern Standard service......224 DAYS!
TOTAL TAT................................714 DAYS!

As you said " 2 years worth of business days would approximately be 560 days " so, without "pulling numbers outa my azz", about 714 days!!!

And those are business days...No weekends, holidays, or even relocation days!

Add it up, Teacha, and that is 2+ YEARS too get your books back!

Oh...and not to split hairs...but my books are still in pressing after a year, and add the 224 Business days for gradings...and guess what...that's two years!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@KaptainKia - A little further detail on my submissions from June 2021 thru Sept 2021, after press was completed, grading has been finished in 1-3 months. So with CBCS well into the October 2021 press submissions, I would guess you should have your comics back sometime between November and February. Like I said I suspect that the estimated TATs are errantly calculated...Perhaps purposefully.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
The people responsible for making the tracker are programmers of a sort or completely. This is a great step by people NOT GRADING anything.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a little hesitant to believe the tracker. It says our modern press and grade received in January of this year is already at Production. We'd be thrilled if that was correct, but I'm highly skeptical.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I'm a little hesitant to believe the tracker. It says our modern press and grade received in January of this year is already at Production. We'd be thrilled if that was correct, but I'm highly skeptical.

Fast press?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment

Fast press?

Nope, press screen and grade. I am also highly skeptical that none of them needed pressing, but you never know.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
both my orders are still in 1st stage. but i like this
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
The people responsible for making the tracker are programmers of a sort or completely. This is a great step by people NOT GRADING anything.

I do understand the point you are making, but that means that those "decision makers" at CBCS/Beckett decided to spend time/money/manpower on creating a pretty useless tool instead of focusing of areas that should be the highest priority...namely Customer Service and production.

Don't get me wrong, I really do prefer CBCS's products and the services, but ANY business is going to fail if they have poor customer service and support. I would rather they hire (and train) a dedicated staff of Customer Service/Support than focusing on producing a tracker with some pretty vague results.

Having good customer service is the first step to pinpointing AND fixing problems in areas that need attention or improvement.

They should know this is needed just by spending a few minutes on the forum to see everyone's frustration.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
I understand the concept of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. However the constant flow of negativity is super exhausting. We all have books we are waiting on. Please just be happy with improvements no matter how small they are.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalTiger
I understand the concept of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. However the constant flow of negativity is super exhausting. We all have books we are waiting on. Please just be happy with improvements no matter how small they are.

THANK YOU.

Setting up something that I suspect is automated so customers can get faster and (hopefully) more accurate updates on the status of their submissions is, IMHO, a nice improvement. No more waiting on data entry to update my dashboard in a timely manner is a relief.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to consider is that it's possible the tracking is done in conjunction to and not instead of customer service. Different departments often work on different projects. It's not like one person is doing everything.
Post 26 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalTiger

THANK YOU.

Setting up something that I suspect is automated so customers can get faster and (hopefully) more accurate updates on the status of their submissions is, IMHO, a nice improvement. No more waiting on data entry to update my dashboard in a timely manner is a relief.

So I've been following the thread and finally decided to check mine.

Dashboard = "received"
(they already charged me. I know this because they charged me too much).

Tracker = "invoicing"

I guess I'm just trying to see this nice improvement. They are sitting, in line, waiting to be graded. Both the dashboard and tracker are equally vague. Not complaining, nor do I usually check the status of my orders, just trying to find the value. Maybe I'm missing something.

And not to be negative, I think a better tracker would be for CS. Should I write my 9th email asking about the overcharge or is there an indicator stating they are scheduled to reply on a certain date in the future?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy is getting all his CGC books back in record time. 3 orders back to my 1 order dropped off at Baltimore LAST YEAR! There was no pressing on my order. Even got my 3rd party order from CGC back WAY long ago. I imagine old people "$&# faster.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sigh.... if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all.... soooo...nothing for me to say I guess...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry about being negative. The new tracking tells me nothing that I don't already know about my orders. They have my money and I vaguely remember owning the books I submitted at this point. 2 year turnaround is going to cripple submissions. I kindly sent an email as I was concerned about my books. Never received a response. The other company gets my money in Baltimore this year via default.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598012 88 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?