Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just thought I'd share since just received today.
Grades, imo, are spot on (unlike those other guys that keep me scratching my head with grades below AND above).

I'm on a quest to get my 37 years of autograph obtaining from the big boys/legends in the industry VSP'ed. I have a long way to go.
It's not like these signatures are easy to get anymore 😉 Some are quite impossible.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck! I submitted a couple of Jack Kirby sigs that they said were "unverifiable by BAS".
Post 2 IP   flag post
I have roughly 50 vsp slabs so far. All obtained by me.
0 rejects to date, so it's working for me quite well (and accurately)
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 - Congratulations on awesome Books and signatures! I hope you took pictures of the signatures before you submitted the books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Killer books with killer signatures!! Happy to see them VSP'd. I agree with @esaravo...take pics of those signatures before encapsulating.

Congrats!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nuffsaid111 - Congratulations on awesome Books and signatures! I hope you took pictures of the signatures before you submitted the books.

I always do. But ya know... there's always human error. These would be the 1st 3 with "human error". In other words ... I freaking forgot. I'm a dope
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111
Oh yeah, I have a couple (including Stan Lee) that I forgot to photograph. I feel like a dimwit when I do that.

BTW, those are fantastic books! Congrats!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful books, @Nuffsaid111! I want to get my double-signed HoS 92 VSPd. And I’ve been trying to convince a guy to sell me his Astonishing Tales 25 signed by GP. I have a few others to be put through, too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve only had one fail vsp so far all signatures I have got in person and it was a Stan Lee. So 1 out of about 20 not bad.

Awesome books I have a Astonishing Tales 25 signed by almost everyone that worked on it. I didn’t get them in person so if they fail no biggie but Steve Borock said they looked good to him so it gives me hope. I’ll have to get it vsp soon. I still have a few Chris Claremont auto to get verified I got in person. I have so many more to do also. Lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
Just sent these to my presser.
I did NOT forget this time to take pictures in which a paper copy will be inserted in the mylar slab protector for these 4 issues. All obtained by me.
Hopefully will see them in about a year.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 those Byrnes 🤯
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 killer!!! love it!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111
One of the ones I forgot to take a photo of was my X-Men #120 signed by Byrne. It's in the old case with the red label, so I'm pretty tempted to crack it out of there, take that photo, and send it back.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Nuffsaid111
One of the ones I forgot to take a photo of was my X-Men #120 signed by Byrne. It's in the old case with the red label, so I'm pretty tempted to crack it out of there, take that photo, and send it back.

Yeaaa... its all about that $$$ thingy that prevents many of us from correcting our prior mistakes. I know the feeling
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Nuffsaid111

Yeaaa... its all about that $$$ thingy that prevents many of us from correcting our prior mistakes. I know the feeling

And there's the stumbling block. I already paid to get the book in that case and verified. Do I want to pay for that all over again... for a photo of a signature.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600827 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?