CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

2022 NFL Week 4 picks and discussion18471

Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 I turned in yesterday. Let me know if I should resend.
Thank You
Post 29 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 Sorry, I did not refresh the page as I should have.

To All: If you see a mistake let me know.

Post 30 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Looking like an interesting week!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm really liking the black and white Bengals uniforms.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Oh man!!! I hope Tagovailoa is going to be OK. It sure didn't look good.
Post 33 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Oh man!!! I hope Tagovailoa is going to be OK. It sure didn't look good.

It did look scary for him. It may be a while before he plays again.
Post 34 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Goddamn, I kinda wish I shelled out for the tickets last night. A couple buddies and I were looking at tix early in the week and they jumped from $265 to $500+ per ticket. I didn't know the endzones and midfield were going to be black and white also. The white uniforms and helmets were slick a.f. Atmosphere looked awesome and that was the closest to a white out I can remember for an NFL game.

On a side note, I hope Tua is ok moving forward.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Amazing how ticket prices go up when the team starts winning! I remember several years back I bought tickets before the start of the season for the season finale against Green Bay. By the time the game rolled around it was flexed to Sunday night and was for the division title. We could have sold our tickets for something like $800 each. After the Lions lost the game I kind of wished we had! On the other hand, when I saw them play Arizona at the end of last season, they were giving them away for $39. Winning does make a difference!

On the subject of Tua: I find it interesting that they are investigating the Dolphins over what happened. Isn’t the point of having an independent medical professional make the call to remove the decision from the team’s hands? So how is the investigation justified? I do wish Tua a speedy recovery. I was looking forward to seeing him play live when the Dolphins come to town on October 30. Seems unlikely at this point.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp

I checked on Raider tickets before the season started. Everything was 800.00 and way above.
That's insane. It would cost 2,000 to fly to Vegas, catch a game, room, food car. Not worth it.
NFL Network is way cheaper lol.....
Post 38 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 at the rate the Raiders are going they will be $39 by the end of the season 😉.

Tickets for Lions/ Dolphins were about $100. That was almost the cheapest available (club level row 10).
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@Nearmint67 at the rate the Raiders are going they will be $39 by the end of the season 😉.

Tickets for Lions/ Dolphins were about $100. That was almost the cheapest available (club level row 10).

Thanks for the laugh....
Post 41 IP   flag post
So here is a question for all you football heads out there: with the extra AM game this week, there will be football from (in my time zone) approximately 9am-11pm. Is there anyone actually planning to stay glued to your set through all 4 games? I know that most of the time I watch the Lions in the first window, and generally the beginning of the second window game before I find that I need to take a break for a while and do other stuff. Excepting that the second game is a real humdinger, I usually tune out and check back in for the nightcap. I am just curious as to how many of you are planning to spend the full 14 hours or so in front of the set watching football tomorrow?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
So here is a question for all you football heads out there: with the extra AM game this week, there will be football from (in my time zone) approximately 9am-11pm. Is there anyone actually planning to stay glued to your set through all 4 games? I know that most of the time I watch the Lions in the first window, and generally the beginning of the second window game before I find that I need to take a break for a while and do other stuff. Excepting that the second game is a real humdinger, I usually tune out and check back in for the nightcap. I am just curious as to how many of you are planning to spend the full 14 hours or so in front of the set watching football tomorrow?

Sundays are my football day. I will watch from 1pm til usually about halftime of the late game when I make dinner, then do SNF until halftime before I go to bed unless it is a barnburner. However, I will do other things around the house or go out if the games are trash. So, for week 4, the Bengals played on Thursday and that requires me to look at 506 Sports NFL coverage map. I got some dog shit games in my region this week, so I will probably spend the day cleaning, and doing other things. Thanks to a carriage dispute with AT&T, I can't even get NFLN or Red Zone for the London game.

I get the Clowns vs Falcons, WAS vs DAL, and NE vs GB.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I get the Clowns vs Falcons...

*sigh*
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yep.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@WMorse The browns have two very good running backs. They looked strong last week.
I get the jags vs eagles. Also looked strong last week. Should be a shoot out.

@michaelekrupp yepper.... it's an aaaalllll day/night event...
Have to take a quick trip to the kitchen occasionally for a sammich..

Buffalo vs Baltimore will be the game of the day. Winner in 1st place...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:

On the subject of Tua: I find it interesting that they are investigating the Dolphins over what happened. Isn’t the point of having an independent medical professional make the call to remove the decision from the team’s hands? So how is the investigation justified? I do wish Tua a speedy recovery. I was looking forward to seeing him play live when the Dolphins come to town on October 30. Seems unlikely at this point.

As I was driving home from work tonight I heard that the doctor who evaluated Tua has been fired and changes to the concussion protocol are being considered to keep this type of situation from happening again. It seems like the NFL is actually getting this right. When they said that the Dolphins were being investigated I was a little worried that the team and/ or the coaching staff might be crucified in the rush to hold somebody accountable for the incredibly bad optics of the situation. Responsibility should fall fully on the independent medical professional responsible for clearing him and for the system as it currently sits that allowed him to return to action. We all know that coaches don’t go to medical school to learn how to coach football. They are relying 100% upon the medical professional’s evaluation. If he says Tua can play, they play him. If he says Tua sits, he sits until the medical people say otherwise. Kudos to the league for correctly handling this situation.
Post 47 IP   flag post
What a way to lose a game!!

Hits the upright, falls down and hits the cross bar, and bounces to the front of the cross bar.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
What a way to lose a game!!

Hits the upright, falls down and hits the cross bar, and bounces to the front of the cross bar.

And I was anxiously holding my breath the whole time.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10

looks like no one picked the Commandos this week so it's a push either way

Post 50 IP   flag post
The Bills circled the wagons.

The Clowns still suck.

The ol' MILF hunter himself leads the Jets to a W over the Steelers.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Good Lord, the Lions D is terrible.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn you JETS. Didnt get any help in the early games. Need to sweep rest of the slate.

Tough sht for the Ravens, hell of a game tho.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

OVER +
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:

Absolutely pathetic. The only drives Seattle didn’t score on were a missed field goal and the kneel down at the end of the game. All the Lions do is disappoint. 😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
Post 55 IP   flag post
600777 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?