Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Has Anyone Else had CBCS "Misplace" Their Books18467

Collector Travelhound private msg quote post Address this user
On March 19, 2022, I submitted four books to the Richmond Galaxy Comic Con CBCS table(Famous Funnies 210, Superman 25, Anne Rice Queen of the Damned [signed], and Partridge Family 1 [signed]).

It has now bee seven months and these books still do not appear on my dashboard. I have written Daryl Hayden on numerous occasions, only to be told that he was keeping these books secure and would try to get them up on the dashboard. With the recent scandal of CBCS misplacing 367 books, I am concerned that my books are in jeopardy of meeting the same fate. Has anyone else had the same problem? I would love some advice on how to handle CBCS.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has your books in safe keeping if Darryl Hayden told you that. All is good and patience is needed as 6-7 month wait is well within the current turn around time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Scandal?

IBTL
Post 3 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Like GAC said, just try and be patient.
They have them, they will get them in the system when they can.
👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector nrvn77 private msg quote post Address this user
They have books from June 2021 for a signing and they screwed up my order and only got some autographed. They created a second invoice and I have only received half of my order. Customer service is atrocious as I reached out to CBCS via email months ago and eventually got someone who instructed me to have correspondence with him in July. I was told they were moving and it would be a few days to locate the books. Every week or 2 I reach out and I don’t have a clue where my books are.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
No problems whatsoever for me. Best of luck to you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
No problems for me either about 50 books so far and counting.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
No problems with me as well.....sent in almost 300 books over the past several years.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Eventually they found them. But we did reach the point where CBCS said they would be unable to find them and a claim should be discussed. They turned up a few weeks after that. Very frustrating, but they did eventually correct the issue and the books came back undamaged and those that were cracked and re-slabbed came back with the same grades.

That said, this was a few years ago. Based on what I’ve seen lately, it’s taking a lot longer than usual for things to hit the dashboard for everyone, so I wouldn’t jump tot the conclusion that yours are lost.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I've sent in a lot of books over the past few years, and aside from the TATs being in need of improvement, they've all been fine. A few returns for various issues, but not as many as I have for CGC.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm beginning to wonder if my books met some fate that I'm unaware of. I thought I was home free when I was told they were in shipping and getting shipped on September 1st or 2nd. Today is September 26th and nothing seems to be happening. No Fedex tracking number. No response to multiple follow-up emails to CS. No comics. Jubilation has changed to frustration.
Post 11 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
I'm beginning to wonder if my books met some fate that I'm unaware of. I thought I was home free when I was told they were in shipping and getting shipped on September 1st or 2nd. Today is September 26th and nothing seems to be happening. No Fedex tracking number. No response to multiple follow-up emails to CS. No comics. Jubilation has changed to frustration.

From what I remember, "shipping" took awhile for mine.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I remember that 'shipping' could go at a reasonable speed and a not-so-reasonable speed. I have a submission from September of last year in 'shipping' right now myself. I'm hoping for 'reasonable' but prepared for 'not.'
Post 13 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhound
On March 19, 2022, I submitted four books to the Richmond Galaxy Comic Con CBCS table(Famous Funnies 210, Superman 25, Anne Rice Queen of the Damned [signed], and Partridge Family 1 [signed]).

It has now bee seven months and these books still do not appear on my dashboard. I have written Daryl Hayden on numerous occasions, only to be told that he was keeping these books secure and would try to get them up on the dashboard. With the recent scandal of CBCS misplacing 367 books, I am concerned that my books are in jeopardy of meeting the same fate. Has anyone else had the same problem? I would love some advice on how to handle CBCS.

The last I heard was the affected customers of the misplaced books have already been notified. I sent some books to CBCS January 2022, and im still waiting. Dont worry. Good news - the market will have been improved by the time we get our books back!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid yeah they were fibbing a bit when they told you that. It takes much, much longer for books to actually ship. My books have been in "Ship to Canada" for ... hmmm ... coming up to three weeks now and posts here tell me that likely it will be at least three more weeks and I likely won't get notice or see grades on the dashboard. Basically the books just show up no notice. Of course it would be nice if this didn't happen but we all know that customer service isn't CBCS' thing. Remember they didn't even bother to publicly announce that they shut down the Canadian shipping hub. lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
@Oxbladder This is my first submission. From June 10, 2021 until now it's been a wild ride of emotions. It feels like I'm living in the Neverending Story.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
they probably just havent gotten to them. if they lost yours then they lost the day's or weekend's (or whatever it was) submissions. if it was mailed to them...then yeah could be a problem

when I submitted at a convention last nov, showed up a month later. when I did another this past june...month and a half
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid I can imagine. This isn't my first rodeo with CBCS but I can tell you that it will be my last until they can show me that they are getting their act together. I don't know how anyone can argue that CBCS provides good service. My view on other grading companies, the ones that are not CGC and CBCS, have changed greatly based on the the big two and the direction of the market the last few years. I am ready to put my money where my mouth is and start giving some of these "lesser" companies a try. CBCS and CGC do not deserve my blind devotion. I am not all about the dollars.

I certainly hope that you, and I, get our books without issue and soon.

Happy Collecting!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector SMOSSB private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped off a sub at Gem Con 7/24/21 consumer level paid for a membership...14 months later still no word if they were received. 5k worth of books, there are no words fit to print to express my disappointment in CBCS
Post 19 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOSSB
Dropped off a sub at Gem Con 7/24/21 consumer level paid for a membership...14 months later still no word if they were received. 5k worth of books, there are no words fit to print to express my disappointment in CBCS

Not even "RECEIVED" ??

You have the order form? Order #? Any documentation? Was it through their booth, or a "authorized 3rd party" ?

Time to send certified demand letter on an attorney letterhead...

That kind of loss should be met with legal action. imo...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:

Not even "RECEIVED" ??

You have the order form? Order #? Any documentation? Was it through their booth, or a "authorized 3rd party" ?

If this is the case (used a facilitator) you may not hear anything for months. I made one submission through a facilitator, and while it went well and I got my book back eventually and I'm very happy with it, it was nerve-wracking having no idea what was going on with that book the entire time it was gone. It was gone for over 9 months during which I heard absolutely nothing. I won't be using a facilitator again if I can help it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd That would be weird though. The OP says its been a year? That's nuts.

I turned in my Chris Claremonts at Florida Supercon July 5th I think to a 3rd party CGC. Got them back Sept 1. Had to send 2 of them back as they forgot to write "sketch" on the label of one, and one case arrived cracked.

Once they come in, I'll upload the video of his story he told while he was signing them and remarquing them... and then show photos of the graded books.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd That would be weird though. The OP says its been a year? That's nuts.

I turned in my Chris Claremonts at Florida Supercon July 5th I think to a 3rd party CGC. Got them back Sept 1. Had to send 2 of them back as they forgot to write "sketch" on the label of one, and one case arrived cracked.

Once they come in, I'll upload the video of his story he told while he was signing them and remarquing them... and then show photos of the graded books.

Definitely want to see those books! Very interested in the video, too.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd 100%% Just waiting for the final 2 books to get fixed and returned
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:

Not even "RECEIVED" ??

If this is the case (used a facilitator) you may not hear anything for months. I made one submission through a facilitator, and while it went well and I got my book back eventually and I'm very happy with it, it was nerve-wracking having no idea what was going on with that book the entire time it was gone. It was gone for over 9 months during which I heard absolutely nothing. I won't be using a facilitator again if I can help it.

Only books I get signed are when I literally stand in line at cons with a CGC or CBCS rep and I hand the books over to the writer/artist, than I walk he books in my hands, back over to CGC or CBCS's booth and hand them in with the paperwork.

That said, there are a couple guys I'd trust with my books, going by reputation, like Rich Henn etc.

But that said, I only get moderns signed, and usually get the signer to write some sort of remark on the book and/or sketch it.....and I'd have to be there to instruct/guide and even cajole the signer into doing so...which a faciliator isnt going to do.

But mostly I want as few hands on my books as possible to avoid spine ticks during the process.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600667 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?