Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

Todd McFarlane, best books for his signature?18465

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Not trying to worry anyone… but here is CGC hq

And this is the eye of the hurricane now.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this yesterday on CGC website.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10694/

Post 52 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I hope they have great insurance. If that place gets blown out of the water that's a lot of claims of not just comic books, but tons of other stuff.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I hope they have great insurance. If that place gets blown out of the water that's a lot of claims of not just comic books, but tons of other stuff.

They were bought out by a financial company so it’s safe to assume they have more then they need.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:

They were bought out by a financial company so it’s safe to assume they have more then they need.

True. They were bought out by Blackstone and oddly enough, Jay-Z (yes, that jay-z).
Post 55 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
sent my Spawn 1 to CGC today for the signing.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@GAC congratulations!
Post 57 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@GAC congratulations!

Thanks. I sent it the slowest way....give some time for postal service to figure out how to address incoming mail....scheduled to reach CGC Oct 14.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Just happened to look at this book, and received a 50% off offer.

I declined it, but if anyone else is interested, here's the ebay page. (im not affiliated with this seller).

clickable text

Post 59 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought a CGC 9.6 copy of Batman # 423 for his signing on Thursday.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
So I think I might just take the risk. Sending my 9.6 ASM 300, Spawn 1, Spawn 1 newsstand and a Spawn 1 print error. Was going to send more but I guess I will just wait until next time. Here is my pride and joy, hope that the grade doesn't get bumped down.

Don't like posting pics from the"other guys" but its what I have.
Wish me luck.

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Madman As Bruce Arians of the Tampa Bay Bucs used to say, "no risk it no biscuit".

Wish you the best. I always have my books pressed after signings, you never know what little BS pressable bend may show up
Post 62 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman
So I think I might just take the risk. Sending my 9.6 ASM 300, Spawn 1, Spawn 1 newsstand and a Spawn 1 print error. Was going to send more but I guess I will just wait until next time. Here is my pride and joy, hope that the grade doesn't get bumped down.

Don't like posting pics from the"other guys" but its what I have.
Wish me luck.

Add a press to the submission to get that grade or a possible bump.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@Madman As Bruce Arians of the Tampa Bay Bucs used to say, "no risk it no biscuit".

Wish you the best. I always have my books pressed after signings, you never know what little BS pressable bend may show up

Getting a press along with the signing is a must for me. As soon as the book gets handled it has the potential to get defects.
Post 64 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
But the thing is apparently with cgc, the books go to ccs before the signing. I have a Paul dini book and it went straight to ccs
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
But the thing is apparently with cgc, the books go to ccs before the signing. I have a Paul dini book and it went straight to ccs

Yeah, I have questions about that. I see little sense in pressing the book before it gets handled, so I can't see their logic. I think I may have solved that issue by sending books in under the wire, so they don't have time to press it before the signing. They still get pressed because I'm paying for it, but by the time they leave CCS the signing is long gone.
Post 66 IP   flag post
It's funny I procrastinate on some things but am generally habitually early. I dont know if my OCD could let me cut it that close. As it is I sent 2 mailings and jave a possible 3rd for mcfarlane. Woulda saved a whole lot of time and money if I waited till last minute instead of when books pop up.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@Bronte
If it's not convenient or it's too nerve-wracking then you're better off doing what keeps you from getting an ulcer. I tend to send books in ten days before the signing, so they have a few days leeway in case a shipment gets delayed a bit. My books invariably wind up waiting around at CCS long past the date of the signing.
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Smart lady. I might just do that on this last book. Just to test it. You figure it's a low priority book as I just bought it off ebay.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all. I did get pressing added. Fingers crossed, it all goes well with my books. I might send a couple more in a few weeks after my deployment (AD military)
Post 70 IP   flag post
600917 70 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?