Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

Todd McFarlane, best books for his signature?18465

Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, as the title says.

Wich would be the best book to have his signature?

Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Probably one you don't care much about since he is known for being a bit rough on them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Madman ASM 300, Batman 423, or Incredible Hulk 340.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I have an AS-M #300 and a Hulk #340 that need a press and are nice to look at but have their defects. I'll be sending those in.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rizzoneedednostone private msg quote post Address this user
So, I'm only gonna be sending four books in. After careful consideration, I believe I have settled on which ones.

Spawn #1 (because of course)

ASM #316 (one of my favs)

Disturbed Dark Messiah #1 Wrap around cover (wife is a huge disturbed fan and she'll love it)

And the one that I was always hoping to get signed one day:
Flaming Carrot #27 the only time McFarlane has done a cover with The TMNT. Too fun not to get it signed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
I thought there was one spawn cover that he did that he actually forgot to sign his name on before he turned it in to get published look for that one I hear he lines to sign those
Post 6 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Two copies of ASM 300 only....
Post 7 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
I thought there was one spawn cover that he did that he actually forgot to sign his name on before he turned it in to get published look for that one I hear he lines to sign those

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzoneedednostone
So, I'm only gonna be sending four books in. After careful consideration, I believe I have settled on which ones.

Disturbed Dark Messiah #1 Wrap around cover (wife is a huge disturbed fan and she'll love it)

Flaming Carrot #27 the only time McFarlane has done a cover with The TMNT. Too fun not to get it signed.

Those are great choices! Welcome to the forum!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Did he commission Rob Liefeld to draw the guns?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DrWatson
Can't be Liefeld. They're not bendy-guns with over & under double barrels that present no means to utilise both barrels. Oh, and they're not quite big enough. Apparently, Todd McFarlane doesn't have as much to compensate for.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Just saying it would be cool because he forgot to sign it you would have a unique spawn sevens out there everyone wants a number one spawn signed. Anyways I’d this a cbcs event thing
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'm doing
Amazing Spider-man 300
Gunslinger 1
Batman 423 1st print
Batman 423 Canadian foil x 2
Spawn mocca 3D x 2

I couldn't pull the other Batman 423 megacon outta press queue so unfortunately they will be graded normally.
Post 13 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson maybe. He Alec-Baldwin’dthat firearm in the left hand because the firearm is firing without him pulling the trigger. And what is he gripping on with the right hand? I know it’s not the grip
Post 14 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in a Malibu sun 13 error edition and spawn 1 newsstand
Post 15 IP   flag post
Awesome, I am also thinking about sending my 9.6 ASM 300. But, I am a bit scared about the grade going down
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
This would be my choice if you can find raw high grade

Post 17 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Madman

You'd still be up if it dropped to a 9.4 with his signature vs a universal 9.6 according to GPA
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman
Awesome, I am also thinking about sending my 9.6 ASM 300. But, I am a bit scared about the grade going down

I'll confess I'm purposely not sending anything that nice for that very reason. My AS-M #300 is around a 7.0 ~ 8.0 depending on what a press does for it and how a printing defect grades (roller marks). My Hulk #340 is a 9.2, but I didn't get it pressed at the time. Hoping for a grade bump there, but if not, it'll still look nice with the signature on it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Rizzoneedednostone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzoneedednostone

Those are great choices! Welcome to the forum!!!

THANK YOU!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Great, I will try to post pics of my best books. Thanks for all your help
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Incredible Hulk 340 Newsstand. It's a 9.8 from the 3rd party grader that shall not be named. Probably come back a 9.2.

Also thinking about the only Conan he has done:

Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm considering getting in on this signing.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Hcanes
That Conan is excellent! Also, now that CGC has finally decided to acknowledge that newsstand editions should be A Thing, you could get that label replaced and get one that says it's a newsstand ed.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Would a G.I. Joe 60 be worth while? He penciled the issue if I recall correctly?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
Would a G.I. Joe 60 be worth while? He penciled the issue if I recall correctly?

He did pencil it. It's not a Big Bucks item, but what matters is whether you want it signed or not.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Get what you can afford. This signing is a rare occurrence. He just doesnt do them, so get everything signed that you can.

Im a huge fan so I had several of his books already graded 9.8s. I sent in a large order of my personal books and bought a few to flip in a few years when market improves. Several copies of Spawn 1, Gunslinger 1 (several already signed by Capullo), a few King Spawn 1 raws, plus a few King Spawn 1 already signed by Capullo also, also threw in a raw Venom #1 Bryan Hitch variant for kicks. The raws were minty. All the others were already 9.8 slabbed.

I think the total was 13 books. I sent them in 3 separate orders. I take a pic of all of them lined up when they all come back.

Hopefully they keep the grades. I know there's a risk. But im thinking the signature will outweigh a slight grade drop. (providing it's a fraction). Im sure they are getting thousands of books for him to sign so they'll probably have them all out on a large table ready for him to just walk by and sign each one at a time. Just hope and pray...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten

I have 2 signed just because it was such an odd book for Todd to be a part of. Also got Zeck and Hama to sign it.

Edit: forgot that Rubestein also signed it
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Get what you can afford. This signing is a rare occurrence. He just doesnt do them, so get everything signed that you can.

Didn't he just do a massive CGC signing in 2020?
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track17
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

Didn't he just do a massive CGC signing in 2020?

I thought the same...I vaguely remember a "recent" McFarlane signing.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597895 70 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?