CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user


Post 176 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 177 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra



I always thought that was a classic Bullseye cover. The "Ta-da" pose, the self-congratulating grin, the hairdryer as weapon. All great artistic touches. Never really understood what's going on behind his head though. Broken mirror?
Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in the mail today.
(Also shown in the Creepshow #1 Sells Out Thread.)

Creepshow #1
Limited to 500 Copies
Halloween Weekend Drop Only on WhatNot (Exclusive)







Bagged & Boarded for my PC.

Post 179 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the other books (raw) that I bought in Baltimore last weekend.

Two more TrueVision books for my collection:







A copy of Bernie Wrightson's first professional artwork signed by Bernie and, I believe, Marv Wolfman. I'm not really an autograph guy but how could I pass it up since it was in a long box and relatively cheap?




And just some other stuff...
















Post 180 • IP   flag post


Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Congrats on the HOM 179!
Post 181 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Half way through my GI Joe ARAH run. A couple of newer issues to throw in the box.






Post 182 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g Thanks! This is actually my second copy. Back in the 90s, I bought a really nice copy at SDCC but it's not signed. I still have that one, too.
Post 183 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That Wolfman looks just like mine.
Post 184 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 185 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user



I don't get to my local every week any more, so I tend to be out of the loop on variant covers and stuff. I recently found out about the Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th covers and Choose Your Destiny covers, and had to track down several of them. These are the only two graded copies I splurged on, but I got each of them for less than what it would cost to have them graded.
Post 186 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC



Love that book. As much as I like Kirby's Timely/Marvel work, his DC stuff was next level.
Post 187 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC



Love that book. As much as I like Kirby's Timely/Marvel work, his DC stuff was next level.


Love DC Kirby!
Post 188 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g Thanks! This is actually my second copy. Back in the 90s, I bought a really nice copy at SDCC but it's not signed. I still have that one, too.


How nice we talking? Possibly 9.2 or above? Asking for a friend.
Post 189 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g My other copy is a CBCS 9.6 with white pages. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture right now.
Post 190 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g My other copy is a CBCS 9.6 with white pages. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture right now.


Dude, talk to me if it's ever for sale!
Post 191 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g I will but, more than likely, it would be my widow contacting you. 😄👍
Post 192 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g I will but, more than likely, it would be my widow contacting you. 😄👍


Give her my info. Seriously, amazing 1 of 1 CBCS book you have! I'm right here if/when the time comes. I'm always looking to upgrade.
Post 193 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g I'll post a pic this evening or tomorrow just to let you have a look. I'm proud to have it.
Post 194 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Clio4x4, I would trade into a 3 team trade to upgrade my 179. Nice books @DweeB1967! Did you know I sold the Swampy 37 newsstand I got from you and bought it back 3 days later?????
Post 195 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g I'll post a pic this evening or tomorrow just to let you have a look. I'm proud to have it.


Thank you!!! I'm super jelly! Incredibly hard to find higher grades.
Post 196 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad No way! Congrats! Hopefully you sold it high and bought it back at a lower price. 😄
Post 197 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 @HeinzDad

I want to upgrade my copy with @DWeeB1967 copy and upgrade your copy in return @HeinzDad

Let's make it happen. 👍
Post 198 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g @HeinzDad Lord willing, not anytime soon guys. 😄🍻
Post 199 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@HeinzDad No way! Congrats! Hopefully you sold it high and bought it back at a lower price. 😄
I think he was cool and let me have it back for trade price. I wouldn't ever had done it if it wasn't down on my TMNT 1.
Post 200 • IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g @HeinzDad Lord willing, not anytime soon guys. 😄🍻


I hear you! But, I have a Hocus Pocus DVD to throw in on the deal. 😄🍻
Post 201 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 202 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g Man, I better not let my wife see that offer. She might end up giving me the "arsenic in the green Jell-o" treatment. 🤣🤣
Post 203 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Damn! That grade is unheard of for an Evil Ernie comic!
Post 204 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@flanders Damn! That grade is unheard of for an Evil Ernie comic!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Really nice.
Post 205 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30