Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 177 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

I always thought that was a classic Bullseye cover. The "Ta-da" pose, the self-congratulating grin, the hairdryer as weapon. All great artistic touches. Never really understood what's going on behind his head though. Broken mirror?
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in the mail today.
(Also shown in the Creepshow #1 Sells Out Thread.)

Creepshow #1
Limited to 500 Copies
Halloween Weekend Drop Only on WhatNot (Exclusive)

Bagged & Boarded for my PC.

Post 179 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the other books (raw) that I bought in Baltimore last weekend.

Two more TrueVision books for my collection:

A copy of Bernie Wrightson's first professional artwork signed by Bernie and, I believe, Marv Wolfman. I'm not really an autograph guy but how could I pass it up since it was in a long box and relatively cheap?

And just some other stuff...

Post 180 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Congrats on the HOM 179!
Post 181 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Half way through my GI Joe ARAH run. A couple of newer issues to throw in the box.

Post 182 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g Thanks! This is actually my second copy. Back in the 90s, I bought a really nice copy at SDCC but it's not signed. I still have that one, too.
Post 183 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That Wolfman looks just like mine.
Post 184 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 185 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I don't get to my local every week any more, so I tend to be out of the loop on variant covers and stuff. I recently found out about the Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th covers and Choose Your Destiny covers, and had to track down several of them. These are the only two graded copies I splurged on, but I got each of them for less than what it would cost to have them graded.
Post 186 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Love that book. As much as I like Kirby's Timely/Marvel work, his DC stuff was next level.
Post 187 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Love that book. As much as I like Kirby's Timely/Marvel work, his DC stuff was next level.

Love DC Kirby!
Post 188 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Cli4dR3D0g Thanks! This is actually my second copy. Back in the 90s, I bought a really nice copy at SDCC but it's not signed. I still have that one, too.

How nice we talking? Possibly 9.2 or above? Asking for a friend.
Post 189 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g My other copy is a CBCS 9.6 with white pages. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture right now.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Cli4dR3D0g My other copy is a CBCS 9.6 with white pages. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture right now.

Dude, talk to me if it's ever for sale!
Post 191 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g I will but, more than likely, it would be my widow contacting you. 😄👍
Post 192 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Cli4dR3D0g I will but, more than likely, it would be my widow contacting you. 😄👍

Give her my info. Seriously, amazing 1 of 1 CBCS book you have! I'm right here if/when the time comes. I'm always looking to upgrade.
Post 193 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g I'll post a pic this evening or tomorrow just to let you have a look. I'm proud to have it.
Post 194 IP   flag post
@Clio4x4, I would trade into a 3 team trade to upgrade my 179. Nice books @DweeB1967! Did you know I sold the Swampy 37 newsstand I got from you and bought it back 3 days later?????
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Cli4dR3D0g I'll post a pic this evening or tomorrow just to let you have a look. I'm proud to have it.

Thank you!!! I'm super jelly! Incredibly hard to find higher grades.
Post 196 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad No way! Congrats! Hopefully you sold it high and bought it back at a lower price. 😄
Post 197 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 @HeinzDad

I want to upgrade my copy with @DWeeB1967 copy and upgrade your copy in return @HeinzDad

Let's make it happen. 👍
Post 198 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g @HeinzDad Lord willing, not anytime soon guys. 😄🍻
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HeinzDad No way! Congrats! Hopefully you sold it high and bought it back at a lower price. 😄
I think he was cool and let me have it back for trade price. I wouldn't ever had done it if it wasn't down on my TMNT 1.
Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Cli4dR3D0g @HeinzDad Lord willing, not anytime soon guys. 😄🍻

I hear you! But, I have a Hocus Pocus DVD to throw in on the deal. 😄🍻
Post 201 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 202 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g Man, I better not let my wife see that offer. She might end up giving me the "arsenic in the green Jell-o" treatment. 🤣🤣
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Damn! That grade is unheard of for an Evil Ernie comic!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@flanders Damn! That grade is unheard of for an Evil Ernie comic!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Really nice.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601453 999 30