Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Nice PufNStuf #1!!
Post 151 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up in Baltimore this weekend. I was able to trade a couple of books so that made the $ting a little less painful. I'm really happy to have them, especially the Crime Suspenstories #22.

Post 152 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 nice pickup on the suspense 22.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Thanks @southerncross.

The picture is really crappy (I'll post a better one tomorrow when I get home) but it presents pretty well for a 2.5. It's got a couple of chips out of the cover but, otherwise, not bad at all.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 looks great, mine has punch holes thru the spine but a copy is a copy. And it's a great read too.
Post 155 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 wow, congrats on that haul
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Got these at what I though was a resonable price

Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived today. Noramlly I pass on comics that are in bad shape, but I got some great deals on these older ones below.

First Print that I got for a steal for a couple of bucks.

Creepshow #1 Second Print

Another steal I got for a few dollars.

Some Bernie Wrightson goodness for again, a few bucks.

Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Had to get it (her?) for my wall
Cover by Chris Moore.

Post 159 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a few UK Magazines and another slab from the @Scifinator unremarkable pedigree. I'm starting to develop a craving for Magazine sized comics that won't fit in any boxes that I own. Maybe that's a good thing and I can find a way to display them instead.

Post 160 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I'm starting to develop a craving for Magazine sized comics that won't fit in any boxes that I own

I'm with you. The more that I care only about the cover art, the more the magazines make sense.
Post 161 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
I'm starting to develop a craving for Magazine sized comics that won't fit in any boxes that I own

I'm with you. The more that I care only about the cover art, the more the magazines make sense.

I figured the Spider-Man reprints are worth having since they're only a bit more expensive than the Marvel Tales reprints and look better, plus have some original cover art.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

For my magazines, I use a BCW "Graded" comic box. It holds them prefectly.

Post 163 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 165 IP   flag post
@southerncross As promised, here is a better pic of the Crime Suspenstories #22 that I picked up in Baltimore.

Post 166 IP   flag post
Got some more Classics Illustrated Comics and more horror comics for the PC.

Classics Illustrated

Creepshow #2 1:10 Cover

Stuff of Nightmares #1 Only 500 Copies Made WhatNot Exclusive

Bagged & Boarded up

Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Compendium 3 and some pull list pick ups.

Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@southerncross As promised, here is a better pic of the Crime Suspenstories #22 that I picked up in Baltimore.

Sweet book, the book has a great looking cover for a 2.5 and the cover is great.
Welcome to the club!

There are are some YouTube videos atm about pre code horror and one has this book specifically on there.

This is my copy. Been in my collection for over a decade.

I read it multiple times.
I liked the bank teller story and the story where the husband gets his secretary to get plastic surgery and mimick his wife's mannerisms and after the wife is taken out the picture they go on a game show.
Post 169 IP   flag post
@southerncross Thanks! Glad to be a member of the club. I've wanted to join for a long time.

I haven't read it yet but I will... in some form. Maybe not this particular book but, hopefully, I can find a reprint.
Post 170 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I haven't checked but if you have a kindle and a Amazon account you could probably pick up a digital copy.
I've gotten a few where I've bought a book slabbed and have never read a copy.
Post 171 IP   flag post
@southerncross I do and I will. Thanks!
Post 172 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Came in on Halloween

The front cover is a lightbox/finishing of a sketch originally by Greg Hildebrandt

Post 173 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
These aren't new, but they're all books I forgot I had only because I didn't have a scan.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a pile, just couldn’t resist. Most high grade. Not keys, rare for me.

Post 175 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 177 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

I always thought that was a classic Bullseye cover. The "Ta-da" pose, the self-congratulating grin, the hairdryer as weapon. All great artistic touches. Never really understood what's going on behind his head though. Broken mirror?
Post 178 IP   flag post
Just got these in the mail today.
(Also shown in the Creepshow #1 Sells Out Thread.)

Creepshow #1
Limited to 500 Copies
Halloween Weekend Drop Only on WhatNot (Exclusive)

Bagged & Boarded for my PC.

Post 179 IP   flag post
Here are the other books (raw) that I bought in Baltimore last weekend.

Two more TrueVision books for my collection:

A copy of Bernie Wrightson's first professional artwork signed by Bernie and, I believe, Marv Wolfman. I'm not really an autograph guy but how could I pass it up since it was in a long box and relatively cheap?

And just some other stuff...

Post 180 IP   flag post
598060 999 30