CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Not a big scotty young fan, but this cover was so cool I think it's going to be my Xmas book stocking stuffer



Post 951 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Top row: recent purchases from Reddit.

Futurama #1 became so far, 3 members of the main voice cast will be at our local Con in July.

Ghostbusters #1 because I was a hardcore fan as a kid & it was dirt cheap & high grade.

Iron Fist #1. Low grade bargain pickup.


Bottom row are all purchases from @xkonk‘s recent sale. Happy to have them. As described of course.

And while this is a comics forum, I also collect physical media. Happy to have the Limited Run Games HD Remastered release of the Lucas Arts classic ‘Full Throttle’ for my Series X.


Post 952 • IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I keep adding these cheap little romance books to me pc. This one arrived this morning.

Post 953 • IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumetheliving



Not sure that I really want to get into this side of collecting but it was cool getting my first 9.8 back.


Personally speaking, I have just left that side of collecting a few days ago. Graded games are fun to have, as I still have one I still plan to sub. But in the end it tends to be no different than me trying to collect graded toys. Which is why I pulled out in favor of giving copper age Marvel another shot.

And on a different note, congrats on your first 9.8! Great game to have, and I bet it'll look equally great wherever you display it!
Post 954 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a few keys.





Post 955 • IP   flag post


I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user



a couple of wins from collectors_comic's auction they have been running. Asm 700 with a ton of signatures of icons, Stan, wein, romita, buscema, McFarlane....I plan on adding more, if you have any suggestions pm me🙏, dark avengers with a Bernie wrightson sketch and sig. last upgraded my flaming carrot 1, have a 9.0 now if anyone is interested
Post 956 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Two more. Armor Wars!



Post 957 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Fairytales can come true. It can happen to you
Post 958 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user



I will probably never be able to afford a copy of issue 87, but I finally got an acceptable copy of 114.
Post 959 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 960 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user






Post 961 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Finally!!! I received my CGC magazines back in their new case. They are a little thicker than the old cases, much sturdier, and keep things in place.

Old case thickness...




New case thickness...





Post 962 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the magazines...











Post 963 • IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
I just arrived back from Tidewater Comic Con in VA Beach. Here is todays haul...






Post 964 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
a few pickups:






Post 965 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up another 227 at a local con. Got this book for a steal, very happy with the purchase
Post 966 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Bought some fun drek from one of my local comic shops.
























I like to see White pages in 10c books.
Post 967 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i forgot to include these in my last mail call
Post 968 • IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I got something for the first time today at MC3, lobby cards from other countries. I couldn't pass them up, 5 from Mexico and 1 from Belgium, a set of 4, 3 Mexico and 1 belgium for "The Monolith Monsters" and a set of 2 for "Varan the Unbelievable".



Post 969 • IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

picked up another 227 at a local con. Got this book for a steal, very happy with the purchase

My favorite cover of his.
Post 970 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 971 • IP   flag post
Collector CoryC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66



a couple of wins from collectors_comic's auction they have been running. Asm 700 with a ton of signatures of icons, Stan, wein, romita, buscema, McFarlane....I plan on adding more, if you have any suggestions pm me🙏, dark avengers with a Bernie wrightson sketch and sig. last upgraded my flaming carrot 1, have a 9.0 now if anyone is interested
@Batman66 this was a great auction and I bid on 2 of the books you won as well. Great score.
Post 972 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CoryC what did you win and what two books were they. Btw, thanks for bidding them up for me, lol
Post 973 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Retired_11B this is my third copy, it's a place holder until I find a tec31
Post 974 • IP   flag post
Collector CoryC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@CoryC what did you win and what two books were they. Btw, thanks for bidding them up for me, lol
@Batman66 I bid on the flaming carrot and the amazing Spider-Man. I bid on them early so I don’t think it was me running them up lol. I had a list of around 250 I was interested in and ended up snatching 12 books. Here are a few






Post 975 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CoryC if you're interested I have a flaming carrot 1 9.0 will be for sale. Pm me if interested
Post 976 • IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
First graded copy for my Jim Lee X-Men run.

I ended up selling my newsstand CGC 9.6 ASM 328 to pay for another issue on my list. But in the end, I had to start this with my favorite issue in his X-Men (Vol. 2) run.


Post 977 • IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Retired_11B this is my third copy, it's a place holder until I find a tec31

My LCS has a 5.5 signed, $800. I am close to pulling the trigger on it.
Post 978 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user











Post 979 • IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
A +1 for my Jim Lee X-Men run.

This was a gift from a family member simply because it was below FMV. With my guess being that the comic is not perfectly flat inside the slab. (Or just because it was a CBCS 9.6 and not a CGC 9.6.)

Either way, I might get it pressed and re-slabbed once I get the heavies out of the way.


Post 980 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30