Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia oh man you got me laughing good...
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Metal thongs are just not for me. They make me chafe.

Could be a metallic looking fabric. Either way, probably not too comfortable.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

I just pre-ordered one.

Here are a few others that I got from my monthly preorders from MCS.

I also bought a back issue for the bigfoot booty!!!

Post 903 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I like that Sandman. I almost ordered one. Lots cool books you ordered.
Post 904 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 905 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today

First off, Spider-man 17 Disney variant.

Next is an awesome TPB that I had to have once I saw it. Love Godzilla and Power Rangers

Her’s my fave of the bunch,
Magnus Robot Fighter 10

Post 906 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Picked these up today

First off, What If Avengers Disney crossover

Those Disney 100 year celebration covers on the Amazing Spider-Man series this year are pretty cool. I've gotten every one so far and have pre-ordered the next two.
Post 907 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Picked them all up so far. Can hardly wait for the next two, they look super-cool.
Post 908 IP   flag post
@southerncross Bronze Beauties...Sweet...
Post 909 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my LCS had a "Treasure Chest" deal for FCBD. 10 long boxes full of comics, each with one key issue randomly placed, $100 each box.

The possible key issues were:
The Sensational She-Hulk #1 (1989)
Flashpoint #1 (2001)
Thor #1 (2014)
Nova #1 (1976)
Amazing Spider-Man #365 (1992)
Spawn #1 (1992)
Wolverine #88 (1994)
Fantastic Four #58 (1967)
Star Wars #2 (1977)
Secret Wars #8 (1984)

This was my treasure:

Post 910 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@IowaDad81 cool! I hope some of the other stuff was great too.
Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
@IowaDad81 that was an awesome deal.
Post 912 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Knocked a few more off of my X-Men UK price variant run + an Iron Man upgrade.

Post 913 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
A couple new couple books for my dad’s collection

This one we decided to take a risk on. It’ll be on its way for signature verification tomorrow. Seeing as it’s a nothing book, I’m thinking of going slab-only

Post 914 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call! I think with a press/ clean this is a 9.0+ candidate.

Post 915 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
These just in...

Post 916 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
New Spider-Drek. The slab was an unexpected cheap auction win and the raw was to fill another hole in my ASM run.

Post 917 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 918 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
A little bit of comic book trivia: This cover actually turned out to be accurate. When Captain Marvel eventually died, it was a result of this battle with Nitro:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@IowaDad81 cool! I hope some of the other stuff was great too.

Other notable stuff in the treasure box: a copy of Tony Stark: Iron Man #4, which seems to be decently valuable according to Covrprice; 7 issues of Namor: The Submariner (2-5, 7, 46, 47); 28 issues of Nick Fury: Agent of Shield; 7 issues of The Sensational Spider-Man Vol. 1; Spider-Man: The Manga 2-20; DC Secret Origins Vol. 3 #15 (The Spectre and Deadman); Captain Atom #1; a Peanuts trade paperback; and a McFarlane Toys Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn action figure.

I also bought a $30 blind box from the same shop. It contained a Wildwing Flashblade bag clip, a Riddler from The Batman McFarlane Toys action figure, and 8 comics: Batman/Spawn #1 (Sean Murphy variant cover); King Spawn #1 (Sean Murphy variant cover); The Scorched #1 (Don Aguillo variant cover); Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo #1 (Greg Capullo Joker variant) and #2 (Kelley Jones Joker variant); Batman: One Bad Day - Catwoman; Gunslinger Spawn #1 (Greg Capullo variant cover); and Spawn Resurrection trade paperback.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some books that I received back from CBCS a couple days ago. Nothing too special here. These were from the 15% off promo. I individually prescreened every book to hit at least a $100. FMV. I unfortunately had 7 of the 12 books get rejected. I was a bit surprised by that.

Post 921 IP   flag post
Mail call. Everything was about as expected though the Sandman Universe was a bit disappointing in that it dropped from a CGC 9.0 to a CBCS 8.5

My dad’s books from the same order. The FF50 was a bit disappointing. I was aware of the tape but hoped it would grade higher

This is another one for my dad’s collection. We came across a CBCS verified (red label) copy from the same signed edition so we decided to take the risk

Post 922 IP   flag post
Another for my dad’s collection. Now we just need to find a copy of 181 that won’t break the bank

Post 923 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
These aren’t the greatest but when I got back into collecting I just wanted any form of the books I could get. They aren’t books I could obtain as a youngster. Besides that, I cut my teeth on oversized books in the lab with them.

Post 924 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 925 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this one up recently.

Post 926 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
It feels weird being back.

Just got this back today. It's my first sub with Wata, and my first sub since 2021. And while it is a manga tie-in game, I think their new labels will compliment any CGC/CBCS graded comics I get.

Post 927 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
As I mentioned when I posted by Batman #24 not long ago, I was waiting for my first CBCS signed slab. Here it is…

Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
It's been awhile since my last pick ups!

Post 929 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 930 IP   flag post
600777 999 30