Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort check scifinator’s MCS listings if you want to fill those missing issues. He may have them.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@El_Dub13 I see you like to keep abreast of those variant covers
I see what you did there.

@El_Dub13 if the above criteria suits you; I have a few books for you if interested or don’t already have.
Post 852 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@sportshort check scifinator’s MCS listings if you want to fill those missing issues. He may have them.

I will do just that. I just need 12, 15, 16 & 17 of the original Silver surfer run.Thanks for the tip.
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@El_Dub13 I see you like to keep abreast of those variant covers
I see what you did there.

@El_Dub13 if the above criteria suits you; I have a few books for you if interested or don’t already have.

@HulkSmash sure, always willing to look. Send me a message.
Post 854 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 855 IP   flag post

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 856 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A newly acquired X-Men 43 9.4. I even got free Newton rings and a free three-quarter inch piece of plastic included inside the slab as an added bonus.

Post 857 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
A newly acquired X-Men 43 9.4. I even got free Newton rings and a free three-quarter inch piece of plastic included inside the slab as an added bonus.

It's always nice when a seller throws in some extra freebies with a purchase.
Post 858 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Speechless #5 metal cover
Post 859 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
So I had a crappy month or two at work. Plus various other stresses I'll just broadly describe as "sandwich generation" problems. To get some relief, I decided I should indulge in some retail therapy.

I ... may have gotten a little carried away.

It all started with these very pretty Phantom Stranger issues I was missing.

But there's more...
Post 860 IP   flag post
I realized I hadn't given any love to my FF collection in a while, so I figured while I was shopping, I would rectify that by plugging the two highest-numbered gaps in my run.

But there's more...
Post 861 IP   flag post
I was starting to get swept up now, and I thought to myself that no comics shopping spree can really be complete if I don't feed my ridiculous Fiction House fixation.

But there's more...
Post 862 IP   flag post
I decided I could hardly do some Fiction House buying without also tending to my love of Jumbo Comics and the monstrously long run Sheena had in that book.

And there's one more...
Post 863 IP   flag post
And the last one. I normally don't care much about pedigrees, but I've always wanted one from what's inarguably the most important collection in comics history.

The fact it's a Jumbo is what made me pull the trigger, as I've hatched a silly little plan to get a Jumbo comic from each pedigree that includes them. So far, I have Lost Valley, Mile High, Northford and Okajima (the LMNO is entirely coincidental). If anyone knows of a resource showing which books are included in which pedigrees, that would be helpful, as I don't know for sure how many pedigree collections out there included Jumbo.

But no rush. After all this I'm not buying anything big for a while. Whew.
Post 864 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 865 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 866 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @heinzdad for helping me acquire these 1st prints!

Post 867 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 868 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My dad’s been going on a tear buying new books recently

Post 869 IP   flag post
A few more for the Avengers 93 - 200 run.

Post 870 IP   flag post
I don't understand the floating George Perez head, especially if he hasn't signed the book.
Post 871 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't understand the floating George Perez head, especially if he hasn't signed the book.
$
Post 872 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

To distract from Yondu's left arm.
Post 873 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 874 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I might be wrong but I think that label came by way of the Perez in-house CGC signing...but Perez then fell ill (while the books were in CGC custody) and could not sign books but the owners were contacted about what they wanted done....grade book with Perez (blue) Label or return books ungraded....some chose to have the books graded with label. I believe this is how we got that label.
Post 875 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Great additions from Steve Lydic - two commissions.

One blank sketch cover and the other is actually a DC Coloring Book.

Post 876 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some recent pickups.

Two for my ASM run. Yes, the first one is a subscription copy, but it’s pretty nice other than that crease.

This one is an upgrade for me of the 4th LSH appearance (and 1st Pete Ross).

This was supposed to be an upgrade for my Adventure Comics run, but it’s not by much.

These two have LSH appearances from 1964.

And the last one came from @lawguy1977 (thanks Ben).

Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Made a little visit to the Midtown Comics on Lexington Avenue in NYC and picked up these babies!

Post 878 IP   flag post
@Fads89 I like the villain covers. Doc Ock could have used some tentacles in the background. He looks like the Blob in a Doc Ock costume. Not too keen the Abomination, either. It reminds me of my plastic, fire-breathing Godzilla toy from the 70s, but the others are great.
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Giant thanks to Ed! Simply fantastic books that I've been wanting to add to my PC to help me with my Batman and Detective runs.

Post 880 IP   flag post
598076 999 30