Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in a run of All-Star from #58 to #74, missing #73. 58 was the reason I wanted it, guy wanted to sell the whole lot so I bought it. They're all in mid-grade+ condition I think, though 58 has a color breaking crease on the front and back cover. Almost looks like it was clipped or something cause the damage is in the same spot(s).

Could use a good press and I think that'll be the main downfall. I'll definitely be sending that one off for grading. Not sure what I want to do with the rest yet, maybe sell them as a lot on MCS, maybe keep em, not sure. I haven't taken my own pictures yet, these are the ones he sent me so sorry of they're not that great.

Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@consumetheliving wow!!! Welcome to the Evil Ernie #1 club .

Thanks, picked this up in a lot of 1-4. Managed to sell 2-4 raw which made issue 1 "very" affordable I still remember when this book first came out.
Post 752 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
some highlights from my recent shipment:

Post 753 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this sketch variant Alex Ross punisher 1:200. Sending in for signing.

Got this also. Not sure if I want to get it signed.

Post 754 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Back, fresh from grading. I think this series was underrated. Had a few Ivar remarks put on by Bob Hall. (id love to see this put into a movie).

Close up of one of them

Post 755 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007, they look awesome.
Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 757 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 758 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
some highlights from my recent shipment:

Hell yeah, Die Spinne!

Post 759 IP   flag post

Upgrade

Somehow, I keep ending up with this issue.

Post 760 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@StudleyDudley, sweet Ghosts 2. I recently came across the first copy I saw in the wild and I got excited. It was to roached for me that day and today I wish I had it.
Post 761 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Thank you! It's definitely a pain in the butt finding higher grade copies of the early Ghosts and Witching Hour books. Fortunately, Doug Sulipa helped me out on #1 of each and they were fairly nice. VF copies for sure. I got the #2 and 5 above from Bob Storms. I haven't seen too many early issues at the stores either. I think this area is tapped on a lot of stuff (GA, key SA, high grade BA, pulps, horror and western). Super cool dealers come through and clean the stores out on a fairly regular basis. Rat bastards.
Post 762 IP   flag post
I ran across that copy at my local con a month ago. I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the guys in a 60 mile radius but I can't even remember which guy had it... :{
Post 763 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

If anybody wants to take a gander at closeup pix and can give me an estimated grade I'd appreciate it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wcs3p2p14u934p/AAAXj-7Ycgl276KiTtlwNjVNa?dl=0
Post 764 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Bonus that came with book

Post 765 IP   flag post
Big golden age haul just came back from CGC and Heritage. Some of this will be available on my eBay page.

Post 766 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Nice book, I'd say 3.5. It presents really well, it's just the staining and that left bottom corner that I think takes it down.
Post 767 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977

Thank you
Post 768 IP   flag post
I got all this stuff today. Each VSP took help from forum friends.

Thanks @00slim for trading me this book.

One night I posted and asked if anyone ever had a lead on a signed copy of this let me know. I never thought about it again until this showed up in the mail. It was published in April in 85 but not released until July. Naturally this peaks my interest being a Constantine guy and Swampy 37 was released in June. Big shout out to @Cli4dR3DOg.

Who says that searching eBay intoxicated on a Saturday at 1 am doesn't pay off. I couldn't find any info as to why Wrightson would have signed this book. I asked on the forum at the time and @Bronte was up and sending me links! It seems that Wrightson did the inks on DR Glitternight. I bought it as soon as I read that, Thanks @Bronte.

I also grabbed these since I had store credit at a store. Thanks M and B Subculture in Bucyrus for selling some slabs for me!

Post 769 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Hell yeah, Die Spinne!
So what did Spinne ever do to you...lol... Nice book...
Post 770 IP   flag post
Won these the other day.

Do a little press and send them in on the next submission...
Post 771 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Won these the other day.

Do a little press and send them in on the next submission...

That's a very clean Werewolf 3!!!!
Post 772 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Added a few books to my Bronze Age Avengers collection:

Post 773 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Very nice doc...
Post 774 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this set up today for 50 bucks 👍

Hopefully they'll have another discount offer sometime soon so I can get them graded. I was thinking about pressing as well but don't know if it'll be worth it.

The guy also said he had the original Wolverine series from 1 - 150 or so somewhere that he would sell me once he finds them.

Post 775 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
One pick up while on vacation this weekend, because my X-Men collection is sorely lacking.

Post 776 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Even though I haven’t posted in the ‘other’ forums since last November, I still peek from time to time to see what’s being sold by the more reputable sellers there.

This one will ship soon. 👍👍

Post 777 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Even though I haven’t posted in the ‘other’ forums since last November, I still peek from time to time to see what’s being sold by the more reputable sellers there.

Nice pick up.
I have always liked that cover. Less corny then most covers from that time period.
Post 778 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
bought 15 recent comics the past week. for the first time in god knows how long. only 1 or 2 issues behind in all the series I read. there were points where I was like 7-9 issues behind.

I read
amazing spider-man
Thor
Avengers
X-Men
Fantastic Four
Power Rangers

and do get an issue here and there of random stuff
Post 779 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130

Nice pick up.
I have always liked that cover. Less corny then most covers from that time period.

It’s my first GA Batman. I hope this doesn’t become a habit. 🤣🤣
Post 780 IP   flag post
600457 999 30