CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user







Received yesterday from CGC (1 year submission)

The Aquaman 35, All-Star Western 10, Detective 411, Strange Adventures 205, and Mr. Miracle 1 were found about 6/7 years ago at a Yard Sale within a beat up short box. $50 for the whole short box. Sold off the non-keys but kept these and finally got around to grading them.

IMO, 75% of these were overgraded, but that's the game we play. You get overgraded books; you get undergraded books, and sometimes you get spot on books
Post 726 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The top row was a gift from @Heinzdad and the bottom are a recent MCS pickup of X-Men poster magazines with some photos of the interiors included.









Post 727 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call, 1.8-2.0 if anyone is interested 1550 shipped.
Post 728 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
In Maine on a fishing trip. Weather is not cooperating today so I went to Top Shelf Comics in Bangor.





Post 729 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Nice Daredevils!!

I was in Bangor many years ago....stopped by Stephen King"s house. Very cool looking house with a wrought iron fence with a spider on the gate if I remember correctly....anyway, Bangor was really nice.
Post 730 • IP   flag post


Moderators handing out titles: Boom. Roasted. Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest issue of Copra plus filling out the run. Still need 5,8,18-20,& 26




Post 731 • IP   flag post
Hold your tongue and say, "I live on a pirate ship." Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 732 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call graded and verified sigs, fresh from CBCS











Post 733 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Won these pretty cheaply on an auction.

Got this Supes because I never thought I'd own one with this low an issue number. Glad to have it even in a 1.0







Post 734 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 735 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just got some books back from CGC. I felt like there were some hits and some misses. The ASM #318 is the nicest 9.2 Newstand I have ever seen. This book was the biggest disappointment. It is also a bummer that they did not list it as a Newstand yet the other books were labeled as so.









Post 736 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I had only bought one $9 book over the last few months, but an MCS watchlist notifier brought me out of hibernation. Couldn't resist an affordable copy of this very display-worthy cover:


Post 737 • IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Basement pickup. My supposedly shrinking collection collides with opportunity.



Post 738 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog That HOS #92 looks really nice. Shrinking collection be damned!!

Congrats!
Post 739 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for less than slabbing. I know it's low grade, but that's how I roll.



Post 740 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I bit the bullet. These are the last 2 gaps I can fill for this run. I just don't see paying the 0.5 prices for #'s 2, 4, and 5, so I'll have to wait for the crash.





Post 741 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy, That's what I call Radd!
Post 742 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this yesterday at my lcs. Very happy. 😁

(To clarify, the 87 I got from the LCS, the 98 on eBay).

Sent them off today for a clean and press with a very reputable presser ( but a 6 month wait, but I guess you gotta go with high quality service that comes with a wait).

Ok, here are the pics.







I picked these up from eBay a few months ago. Sent these in for press and clean too. Didn’t take photos before I sent it in. So here’s some screen shots from the eBay buy. Hate the wait but going to love the results I’m sure.



Post 743 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy 6 is a cool minor key, second appearances and first villain team up.

I was lucky to pick up a gd/vg copy a decade ago when know one wanted it.
Post 744 • IP   flag post
Hold your tongue and say, "I live on a pirate ship." Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 745 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user




I waited a long time for this one!


Post 746 • IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Some modern books that just came in the mail!!!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/*consumetheliving*






Post 747 • IP   flag post
Hold your tongue and say, "I live on a pirate ship." Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

It's in pretty good condition, too!
Post 748 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster




I waited a long time for this one!


Nice Crime-suspense stories!
Post 749 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@consumetheliving wow!!! Welcome to the Evil Ernie #1 club .


Post 750 • IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in a run of All-Star from #58 to #74, missing #73. 58 was the reason I wanted it, guy wanted to sell the whole lot so I bought it. They're all in mid-grade+ condition I think, though 58 has a color breaking crease on the front and back cover. Almost looks like it was clipped or something cause the damage is in the same spot(s).

Could use a good press and I think that'll be the main downfall. I'll definitely be sending that one off for grading. Not sure what I want to do with the rest yet, maybe sell them as a lot on MCS, maybe keep em, not sure. I haven't taken my own pictures yet, these are the ones he sent me so sorry of they're not that great.







Post 751 • IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@consumetheliving wow!!! Welcome to the Evil Ernie #1 club .




Thanks, picked this up in a lot of 1-4. Managed to sell 2-4 raw which made issue 1 "very" affordable I still remember when this book first came out.
Post 752 • IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
some highlights from my recent shipment:

Post 753 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this sketch variant Alex Ross punisher 1:200. Sending in for signing.


Got this also. Not sure if I want to get it signed.


Post 754 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Back, fresh from grading. I think this series was underrated. Had a few Ivar remarks put on by Bob Hall. (id love to see this put into a movie).




Close up of one of them








Post 755 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30