Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Received yesterday from CGC (1 year submission)

The Aquaman 35, All-Star Western 10, Detective 411, Strange Adventures 205, and Mr. Miracle 1 were found about 6/7 years ago at a Yard Sale within a beat up short box. $50 for the whole short box. Sold off the non-keys but kept these and finally got around to grading them.

IMO, 75% of these were overgraded, but that's the game we play. You get overgraded books; you get undergraded books, and sometimes you get spot on books
Post 726 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The top row was a gift from @Heinzdad and the bottom are a recent MCS pickup of X-Men poster magazines with some photos of the interiors included.

Post 727 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call, 1.8-2.0 if anyone is interested 1550 shipped.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
In Maine on a fishing trip. Weather is not cooperating today so I went to Top Shelf Comics in Bangor.

Post 729 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Nice Daredevils!!

I was in Bangor many years ago....stopped by Stephen King"s house. Very cool looking house with a wrought iron fence with a spider on the gate if I remember correctly....anyway, Bangor was really nice.
Post 730 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest issue of Copra plus filling out the run. Still need 5,8,18-20,& 26

Post 731 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 732 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call graded and verified sigs, fresh from CBCS

Post 733 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Won these pretty cheaply on an auction.

Got this Supes because I never thought I'd own one with this low an issue number. Glad to have it even in a 1.0

Post 734 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 735 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just got some books back from CGC. I felt like there were some hits and some misses. The ASM #318 is the nicest 9.2 Newstand I have ever seen. This book was the biggest disappointment. It is also a bummer that they did not list it as a Newstand yet the other books were labeled as so.

Post 736 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I had only bought one $9 book over the last few months, but an MCS watchlist notifier brought me out of hibernation. Couldn't resist an affordable copy of this very display-worthy cover:

Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Basement pickup. My supposedly shrinking collection collides with opportunity.

Post 738 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog That HOS #92 looks really nice. Shrinking collection be damned!!

Congrats!
Post 739 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for less than slabbing. I know it's low grade, but that's how I roll.

Post 740 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I bit the bullet. These are the last 2 gaps I can fill for this run. I just don't see paying the 0.5 prices for #'s 2, 4, and 5, so I'll have to wait for the crash.

Post 741 IP   flag post
@Siggy, That's what I call Radd!
Post 742 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this yesterday at my lcs. Very happy. 😁

(To clarify, the 87 I got from the LCS, the 98 on eBay).

Sent them off today for a clean and press with a very reputable presser ( but a 6 month wait, but I guess you gotta go with high quality service that comes with a wait).

Ok, here are the pics.

I picked these up from eBay a few months ago. Sent these in for press and clean too. Didn’t take photos before I sent it in. So here’s some screen shots from the eBay buy. Hate the wait but going to love the results I’m sure.

Post 743 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy 6 is a cool minor key, second appearances and first villain team up.

I was lucky to pick up a gd/vg copy a decade ago when know one wanted it.
Post 744 IP   flag post

Post 745 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

I waited a long time for this one!

Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Some modern books that just came in the mail!!!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/*consumetheliving*

Post 747 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

It's in pretty good condition, too!
Post 748 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I waited a long time for this one!

Nice Crime-suspense stories!
Post 749 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@consumetheliving wow!!! Welcome to the Evil Ernie #1 club .

Post 750 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in a run of All-Star from #58 to #74, missing #73. 58 was the reason I wanted it, guy wanted to sell the whole lot so I bought it. They're all in mid-grade+ condition I think, though 58 has a color breaking crease on the front and back cover. Almost looks like it was clipped or something cause the damage is in the same spot(s).

Could use a good press and I think that'll be the main downfall. I'll definitely be sending that one off for grading. Not sure what I want to do with the rest yet, maybe sell them as a lot on MCS, maybe keep em, not sure. I haven't taken my own pictures yet, these are the ones he sent me so sorry of they're not that great.

Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@consumetheliving wow!!! Welcome to the Evil Ernie #1 club .

Thanks, picked this up in a lot of 1-4. Managed to sell 2-4 raw which made issue 1 "very" affordable I still remember when this book first came out.
Post 752 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
some highlights from my recent shipment:

Post 753 IP   flag post
Got this sketch variant Alex Ross punisher 1:200. Sending in for signing.

Got this also. Not sure if I want to get it signed.

Post 754 IP   flag post
Back, fresh from grading. I think this series was underrated. Had a few Ivar remarks put on by Bob Hall. (id love to see this put into a movie).

Close up of one of them

Post 755 IP   flag post
597883 999 30