Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user

picked it up at ny comic con and had it signed
Post 51 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up this week.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Picked these up this week.

Those costumes. how times have changed. today we might call it "Stopover at Starbucks".
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
These came yesterday while I was at NYCC.
The S.M. #129, I feel is undergraded.
The WWBN #32 I feel is overgraded.

Yes, I read the grader notes; and the fact that only 1.5 grade points delta when there is unquestionable differential in quality between the 2 comics, as well as nothing in the graders notes that I missed, tells the tale. This company really is all-over-the-place with it's grading. Whatever. If you play in their sandbox, you play by their incompetence.

$75 for S.M 129 in the mid-90's
$50 for WWBN 32 at an estate sale (buried at the bottom of a milk crate with a load of rag tag Dells that no one bothered to go to the bottom of the crate to verify)

Post 54 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Your lucky you got notes on the 9.0

Typically on my books 8.5 seems like the cutoff. Also the notes always suggest they can be pressed although they just were. In some cases literally by their sister company ccs.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
although they just were.

Yupper - had them pressed professionally by Impressive - one of the best in biz
Post 56 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I dont have book in hand yet, but CCS just did tbe pressing because I had them remove restoration on tbe book as well. Here is their notes.

Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Thank you @Fads89 and CBCS WCC:

What did I do?
Post 58 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call today! I added two more ASMs to my run:

A classic Steranko Cap that I never owned before:

And a beautiful Adventure Comics featuring the LSH that was just too nice to pass up, even though I already had a decent copy.

Post 59 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today

These have come in over the past couple of weeks

Post 61 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Mail call today! I added two more ASMs to my run:

A classic Steranko Cap that I never owned before:

And a beautiful Adventure Comics featuring the LSH that was just too nice to pass up, even though I already had a decent copy.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!
Post 62 IP   flag post
This us a Canadian price variant but I dont see the newstand upc code. Can someone explain?

Post 63 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
It's not a price variant, it's a Canadian edition, inside front cover, inside and exterior cover blank. It's like the pence , much rarer but not worth as much as the us counterpart
Post 64 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 65 IP   flag post
Thank you for the history lesson. Makes a lot more sense now
Post 66 IP   flag post

I do think the Canadian editions are way undervalued, this is the only copy of ginger 1 Canadian edition on either census
Post 67 IP   flag post
Arrived today from CGC via registered mail??? Admittedly that's a 1st for me. Comic has a slight corner burr that was not there when I sent in. Oh well

Post 68 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
This us a Canadian price variant but I dont see the newstand upc code. Can someone explain?

This book pre-dates UPC codes doesn't it?
Post 69 IP   flag post
Apparently yes. It Apparently is not a price variant. Just a Canadian variant.

Edit

There is very little information I could find on the matter. Apparently price variants dominate the topic, and the variant is not discussed much at all.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Don't normally collect Duck books.

Just liked this cover.

And this issue has Donald being affected by ether which I think is a little weird for Disney so had to get it.

Post 71 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today (Something is killing the children 16 - 20 Slaughter Pack):

Post 72 IP   flag post
Thought this was a great throwback to the Coppertone sunscreen ads....

Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Got these today. Which is also listed in the Creepshow #1 Sold-out Thread.

Post 74 IP   flag post
Florida Man #1 has a great copper tone tribute.
Post 75 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

This?

Post 76 IP   flag post
Yah, way cooler than Dead Pool.
Post 77 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in the mail today.
Creepshow #1 Rob Csiki Virgin Variant NYCC & Whatnot Exclusive Limited to 450 copies.

Post 79 IP   flag post
It's been a high quality delivery week for me. This came in today. I bought the McFarlane variant cover limited to 150 copies AND signed by Michelinie. The book is just damn gorgeous. Obviously I'll be targeting the big guy next time he's at a show

Post 80 IP   flag post
597922 999 30