Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Gorgeous! Jealous!
Post 701 IP   flag post
A few pickups from the LCS.

Post 702 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Got another box!

Post 703 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call!

Post 704 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's a rag but still a good deal.

Post 705 IP   flag post

@flanders 1st App Boba Fett, Lando and Yoda... Nice!
Post 706 IP   flag post

Post 707 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It's a rag but still a good deal.

Nice find.
Clean it, press it, grade it, keep it....
Post 708 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
These are the New CGC magazine cases. This order took a year and 2 months. They are appreciably thicker and about 4 ounces heavier than their old magazine cases.
I hope to compare to a CBCS one before long.

Post 709 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 710 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 711 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 712 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte love that Felix.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Random $9 purchase a couple weeks ago at LCS just because the cover spoke to me, and I had a tenner in my wallet:

Post 714 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not the era I typically go after, but I couldn’t resist the grade. Shot the guy an offer & he accepted.

Post 715 IP   flag post
Im wondering - what is the incredibly small flaw that brought that 10 to a 9.9....
Post 716 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 If a miswrap goes against the grade, that’s my guess.
Post 717 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Awesome Kubert cover. Great 9.00 investment.
Post 718 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up on super sale at WonderCon yesterday.

Post 719 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Random small box of comics and stuff picked up today...haven't opened the portfolio stuff yet...love surprises 😮

Post 720 IP   flag post
Picked these up on a bit of a whim. Their condition is a little rough, but they were cheap and complete!

Post 721 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up this bad boy and fired it off to CBCS last week. Store I bought it from had it listed as a 6.0 but it looks more like a 8.0 to me. That being said I didn't take it out of the case to inspect the back (didn't want to chance damaging it), but the last comic I bought from these guys was listed as a 5.5 and after press/grade it ended up a 7.5 so you never know!
Post 722 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 723 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 724 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 725 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Received yesterday from CGC (1 year submission)

The Aquaman 35, All-Star Western 10, Detective 411, Strange Adventures 205, and Mr. Miracle 1 were found about 6/7 years ago at a Yard Sale within a beat up short box. $50 for the whole short box. Sold off the non-keys but kept these and finally got around to grading them.

IMO, 75% of these were overgraded, but that's the game we play. You get overgraded books; you get undergraded books, and sometimes you get spot on books
Post 726 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The top row was a gift from @Heinzdad and the bottom are a recent MCS pickup of X-Men poster magazines with some photos of the interiors included.

Post 727 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call, 1.8-2.0 if anyone is interested 1550 shipped.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
In Maine on a fishing trip. Weather is not cooperating today so I went to Top Shelf Comics in Bangor.

Post 729 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Nice Daredevils!!

I was in Bangor many years ago....stopped by Stephen King"s house. Very cool looking house with a wrought iron fence with a spider on the gate if I remember correctly....anyway, Bangor was really nice.
Post 730 IP   flag post
601300 999 30