Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I just got these back from CBCS. Overall,the grades seem accurate. I have one more book and I will put it in the next post. I will also post it in a new thread labeled "guess the grade"
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

See the separate post for this book.
Post 652 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Went to a toy/comic show in San Antonio today and found several Batman books I was missing as well as some New Teen Titans.
He also had a big stack of mostly 1970’s Mad Magazines that I grabbed. Nothing in immaculate condition, but the prices were good for sure and it helps me fill some holes in the ol’ collection. I love going to small local shows. Good people and good finds.

Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Totally Rad Gold Black Cat cosplay cover by Shikarii. It was only for sale for 15 minutes on New Years and was print to order. Only 7 copies of the full costume foils were printed.

Post 654 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

$99 all in including tax.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
In the collection I picked up, I found this guy. Nothing special, I’m sure. But I can’t find it anywhere.

The regular issues, sure. Dollar bin stuff. And that’s probably what this is as well. But this ashcan edition isn’t even listed on MyComicShop as far as I can tell.

Post 656 IP   flag post
And I’m not a trading card guy, but when I saw this Japanese TCG card on e-bay, I threw the guy an offer. After a brief negotiation, she was on her way to me.

Post 657 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I am really enjoying the Tiger Division series and hope Marvel does more with the team, so I have picked up the early appearances. With this, I have all the physical printed appearances of the team. I would like a Taskmaster #3 first print, but don't want to pay what I am seeing asked.
Post 658 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the 1st appearance of tiger division hoping mcu gets on board.
Post 659 IP   flag post
Is Black Cat still caught up in red tape with Sony, or no?
Post 660 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. Unfortunately. No mcu in foreseeable future. Last I heard they scrapped the black cat and silver Sable movie.
Post 661 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this one up

Don't know if I keep getting lucky of if prices are dropping off a cliff
Post 662 IP   flag post
Collector CWill2021 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 663 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I bought the 1st appearance of tiger division hoping mcu gets on board.

It would be great as a Disney+ K-drama.
Post 664 IP   flag post
@James42 stupid question on my part. What's a k drama?
Post 665 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Korean
Post 666 IP   flag post
Quote:

Episodic TV shows from South Korea. Differ in production from US TV shows in that there is usually one director and writer for the entire series. Massively popular worldwide; Squid Game is a K-drama. Budgets on some shows have run as high as $7 million per episode, so good production values are expected. Some are even based on Korean webcomics (like those White Fox first appeared in). Make it in Korea with a Korean cast, and I bet it could be successful as a first run broadcast there and streaming show everywhere else.
Post 667 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

eBay win, finally grabbed the first haunted tank. Went to a local con and only picked up these two books, decent copy of brave and the bold 57, first metamorpho and a double signed Byrne and Austin X-men 120, first alpha flight.
Post 668 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I got some lab results back today. There’s nothing crazy here but they are cool to me. I checked my diary and my opinions matched pretty darn close.

I thought this was a lock at 9.6 while it was in the case. When I opened it I was going to be happy with a 9.2 again.

Post 669 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Envious of that GI Combat. I love the Haunted Tank. Eventually I will get serious about collecting it.
Post 670 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 same boat, been wanting it for a while but other books took precedence. I found a collection last year that had a gi combat 88, so close. They don't come up very often.
Post 671 IP   flag post
@Batman66 The earliest GI Combat I have is 139; I just have not been serious about collecting it.
Post 672 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
At the end of last January, I subbed a few undercopies that I'll likely be selling soon, and they're now in State, probably here tomorrow.

I was quite happy with the grades since I expected lower.

Post 673 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Post 674 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Been too long since I added anything. I owned the annuals before, I generally don’t buy things I used to own, but I guess I am slipping, and I really like the FF2 read.

Post 675 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 676 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog That FF Annual #2 is the next book in my collection that I plan to read. Looking forward to it.
Post 677 IP   flag post

Post 678 IP   flag post

Post 679 IP   flag post

Post 680 IP   flag post
598060 999 30