Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today from feebay. Pretty neat book.

Post 626 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross It is so so so refreshing to see old Charlton books; old DC Romance.

I honestly barely even care about Superhero books anymore (and definitely not Modern books) since I see them posted everywhere and anywhere. It's almost like everyone has one. (slight exaggeration but I'm sure you get what I mean)

But to see those beautiful Charltons and rare DC romance is golden. Gold Keys, Dell's are up there for me as well
Post 627 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @KatKomics.

Post 628 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Just picked up a collection, this is just half of what is available, the seller needs another month or so to get the remaining boxes. Massive multiple copy's as you can see by the pics, 65 copies of X-men 141, 29 copies of 129, 18 copies of new teen titans 2. The majority of the silver age is just amazing. This is just a sample of what came, Can't wait to see what's in the half of the collection
Post 629 IP   flag post
Absolutely absurd…………
Post 630 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That is AWESOME!!!!!!! Congrats man!!!
Post 631 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - That's cuckoo nuts! Holy Moly! Congrats on an excellent get!
Post 632 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Gary…

Congratulations!
Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I suddenly feel like the value of my X-Men 141 is going to drop...
Post 634 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
A few pickups from the past two days. Some specialty covers from a LCS; two annuals, a cool Spider-Girl cover, and Fantasy Masterpieces from this indoor flea market type place in town.

Post 635 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
A couple items in today:

The slab is an anniversary gift for a friend. He has the corresponding statue of this cover. I figured he’d love to display the two together.

The figure was an absolute steal on e-bay as a Buy it Now. So much so, I figured the seller was likely to flake on the sale. It wasn’t packaged particularly well, but hey, I really can’t complain when it sells for 3-4x what he sold it for. Definitely gonna press & slab the 2099 reprint!

Post 636 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

upgraded my hawkman 4, I found this spawn 10 ashcan signed by Dave sims and this legion of super heroes v2 still sealed. He sold the omnibus for cover price at $75, last sale on eBay was $339, just bought it to resell it.
Post 637 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
More Italian goodness. That Batgirl cover is SO much nicer in red!
The Greek ASM1 is the first I've seen as well.

Post 638 IP   flag post
Got this Conan 24 (1st Red Sonja full appearance) in today at a great price. To go along with my Conan 23, First Red Sonja cameo.

Post 639 IP   flag post

picked up this page from Batman 1 to compliment the Tec40
Post 640 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Enjoying this book more than I expected, and I am a sucker for a Lau cover. Plus, I paid less than I could get my existing copy graded for.
Post 641 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Stunning.... Congrats.... I mean WOW!!!!
Post 642 IP   flag post
Picked up a small collection today. Nothing crazy. A couple boxes of moderns.

But here are some highlights.

Post 643 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim nice batch of books there Mr. Birthday....
Hope you had a great day and enjoyed your cake.
But in case you didn't have any, I got you some...

Post 644 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 645 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Thank you, sir. I’ll be 40 tomorrow. But even better, it will mark the 11th anniversary of the day I proposed to my lovely wife.
Post 646 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday! And Gratz on anniversary
Post 647 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim happy birthday!
Post 648 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Added to my Supergirl firsts.. a Stunning copy

Post 649 IP   flag post

Post 650 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I just got these back from CBCS. Overall,the grades seem accurate. I have one more book and I will put it in the next post. I will also post it in a new thread labeled "guess the grade"
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

See the separate post for this book.
Post 652 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Went to a toy/comic show in San Antonio today and found several Batman books I was missing as well as some New Teen Titans.
He also had a big stack of mostly 1970’s Mad Magazines that I grabbed. Nothing in immaculate condition, but the prices were good for sure and it helps me fill some holes in the ol’ collection. I love going to small local shows. Good people and good finds.

Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Totally Rad Gold Black Cat cosplay cover by Shikarii. It was only for sale for 15 minutes on New Years and was print to order. Only 7 copies of the full costume foils were printed.

Post 654 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

$99 all in including tax.
Post 655 IP   flag post
600887 999 30