Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up these at a show yesterday. The first two pictures are for you drek fans out there. The second two are for those only interested in keys. As always, I'm happy with what I bought, which is all that matters. Enjoy!

Post 601 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar cool, I sent in my Thunder Agents #1 for Barry Grossman signing.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar I really like your statement about buying what you like. This way you will never be disappointed.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some drek collection yesterday for $50, lots of reading 👍

Post 604 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
The best local show of the year was this weekend: clickable text.

And I had planned to restrain myself. Picked up my commission from Gregbo, and planned to be done.

But my wife kept egging me on. "The people that I normally spend so much on aren't here, so you go ahead."

So here's the damage.

Got these for $25/each. Less than I could have sent them in for.

Westerns are a soft spot, and I couldn't resist that cover.

War comics are another.

Trying to finish this run without breaking the bank, and this got me a bit closer.

Dollar bin pickup.

Another dollar bin find. I couldn't pay for this fast enough.

And a Jim Gordon book. Not a Batman fan, but I do like the supporting cast.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Took a weekend trip to meet an old friend I hadn’t seen in about five years. Of course, comics shops, antique stores and other possible venues of comics acquisition were an important part of the trip for both of us. I think I did OK. Particularly pleased with the Edge of Spiderverse 2 that I found.

Post 606 IP   flag post
@CatCovers Ten bucks? Is it a facsimile edition?
Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 It is not. Was my first thought as well (did some surreptitious Googling to be sure). It was in a used bookstore that had all their comics priced at 9.99. Got the New Mutants 1 there as well. Everything else was garbage.

EoS is probably a 9.0 with a good press.
Post 608 IP   flag post
@CatCovers $10 would be reasonable for a facsimile. For a first print, it's amazing. Fantastic score.
Post 609 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Only made a couple pick-ups at our local Con this weekend.

The Blockbuster sign was a custom order I was able to pick-up at the show. It lights up, but I haven’t had a chance to mount it yet.

Jumbo #142 was an impulse buy. I have so few Golden age books, it’s kinda sad.

It was between the FF #52 & two other mid-grade minor Spideys (#41 raw Fine & #194 CGC 6.0). My wife pushed me towards the Black Panther book.

Post 610 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just nabbed this, tec40, 1st cover appearance of the Joker, 1st clay face and just an early Tec. I think it's vastly undervalued.
Post 611 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 and ad page for bats 1, A lot going on in that book. 👍
Post 612 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Batman66 and ad page for bats 1, A lot going on in that book. 👍
just found this out as well, I will be sending back in, it might get a 1.8, maybe stay a 1.5 but at least they will update the label. But herby was interesting to me.

newer label
page 53 from Batman 1. Batman 1 was supposed to be detective 40 but was transferred over to Batman 1 instead, the cover stayed with tec40
Post 613 IP   flag post
@Batman66 What another bonus for the book.
Post 614 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
First utterance of the word "Supergirl"

First Prototype of "Supergirl"

My Newest.... First Add/Cameo of "Supergirl" Known as Kara

And first "Supergirl" Known as Kara

Post 615 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked one book up at local convention this past Sunday and got locked in on a big SA key
Short Print Lower Grade

Post 616 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sent these back because they weren't pressed. And 2 came back higher grades and 2 stayed same

Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte As in, you paid for pressing, and they just didn’t do it?
Post 618 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

That was my impression. There were light bends on 2 books initially.

Now on the asm 300 there are moderate bends.
Not sure if I zhould push again or leave it be.....

Edit

I paid for pressing from CCS. and I asked if light bends meant they were pressed. The rep said send back in. I sent the whole submission back and the gunslinger was originally a 9.6. And the the spawn a 9.0 pressed to 9.6 I think.
Post 619 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Over 5 years looking for this book in high grade (and also somewhat affordable).
Came up as a BIN and snatched it.
Very very happy - 1st Magica De Spell

Post 620 IP   flag post
@Bronte I love those Spawn MOCCA books. I submitted my 1 copy as well to the McFarlane signing that I purchased AT the MOCCA convention so so many years ago. I remember having to go through many copies before I found 2 that met my standards.

I think the run was only 1000 copies? I forget. But I certainly DO remember how badly in shape many were for a brand new book being sold at that show. That black really highlighted the damage
Post 621 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111

Did you catch the Reggie collects video on mocca? The book is far more rare than 1st believed.

https://www.youtube.com/live/FqnYA18mfvs?feature=share

Go to about the 8.50 mark, I think is where he starts talking about it.
Post 622 IP   flag post
@Bronte oh wow! I didn't but I'll check it out later! Thank you
Post 623 IP   flag post
Done with Emerald city con for the day.

Post 624 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 That's a beautiful book.

@southerncross Sooooo... how did Gail win the crown?
Post 625 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today from feebay. Pretty neat book.

Post 626 IP   flag post
@southerncross It is so so so refreshing to see old Charlton books; old DC Romance.

I honestly barely even care about Superhero books anymore (and definitely not Modern books) since I see them posted everywhere and anywhere. It's almost like everyone has one. (slight exaggeration but I'm sure you get what I mean)

But to see those beautiful Charltons and rare DC romance is golden. Gold Keys, Dell's are up there for me as well
Post 627 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @KatKomics.

Post 628 IP   flag post

Just picked up a collection, this is just half of what is available, the seller needs another month or so to get the remaining boxes. Massive multiple copy's as you can see by the pics, 65 copies of X-men 141, 29 copies of 129, 18 copies of new teen titans 2. The majority of the silver age is just amazing. This is just a sample of what came, Can't wait to see what's in the half of the collection
Post 629 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely absurd…………
Post 630 IP   flag post
601509 999 30