Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I actually won this last night at Heritage with a bid I thought had no chance. If you're going to unexpectedly snag your first Frazetta cover, this classic isn't a bad one to land on. WOOT!!!

Post 576 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I actually won this last night at Heritage with a bid I thought had no chance. If you're going to unexpectedly snag your first Frazetta cover, this classic isn't a bad one to land on. WOOT!!!

@figment my 4.5 copy made it onto my 5-book display shelf...right in the center. Definitely a "permanent collection" book for me. I would have a hard time parting with it.
Post 577 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @BrianGreensnips.

Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Dirt cheap pre graded. A book I probably read 50 times as a kid, but a villain that never caught on.

Post 579 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 580 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I had ordered the disney variant of amazing spider-man #17 this week. actually for free. I buy digital movies and for every disney movie I add gives 100-200 pts to disney's rewards site disney movie insiders where you can buy cool stuff with your points like funko pops, movies, posters, etc. sometimes they will have comics and that was an option a month ago but they ran out before I got a chance. but 2 days ago they got more.

plan on maybe grading it down the road for fun. Its an awesome cover

also order fantastic four vol. 6 #45, 46, #47, and #48 (behind a bit)

plus bought the digital version of Avengers/xmen/inhumans AXE Judgement day tpb.
Post 581 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 583 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 584 IP   flag post
As promised, here is a group shot of all 8 of the 1946-1948 series of Green Lama. After over 20 years I finally got the final #5 issue delivered today. One white whale completed
Here are 2 pictures. It was difficult to get a clear shot without the glare.

Post 585 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
LCS pick ups today.

This hard cover features all the artwork from the trading card series.

Post 586 IP   flag post
BOB PHANTOM #1 DETECTIVE COMICS #27 HOMAGE VARIANT

Post 587 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Did that really cost $15?!?
Post 588 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Did that really cost $15?!?

I pre-ordered it for 14.99. It now sells for 19.99. It's a limited edition variant of 250 copies.
Post 589 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Your welcome. I appreciate the smoked fish. I will post it in "what are your eating" when I crack into it. That Berni Wrightson book looks awesome.
Post 591 IP   flag post
One just sold on GPA for a ridiculous amount and it didn't even have the 2 remarques

Post 592 IP   flag post
These are our only EC's. The #29 just arrived today. Classic Frank Frazetta, WOOT!!

Post 593 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some cheap books at a lcs for $18 including tax 👍

Post 594 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
bought a bunch of new releases the last few days. midtowncomics has a up to 60% sale on most issues. I did two orders (for around 15 total). yeah paid shipping twice but money I didnt expect to have came after ordering and needed at least amazing spider-man vol 6 #14 (second print). nothing old or worth wild. just catching up
Post 595 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Love those Justice League books. That was such a fun series to read.
Post 596 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@southerncross Love those Justice League books. That was such a fun series to read.

Yeah I remember reading those when they first came out, sold the bulk of my collection years ago as I was moving to another country. Bought a couple back yesterday. And over the years that I remember once having.
Post 597 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived yesterday.

Thanks Ed for the heads up on this one!

Post 598 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Terrible picture, sorry. Just got this today; I had commissioned Gregbo Watson to do the art, and then I had Femi Taylor sign it. On its way to CBCS for grading and encapsulation.

Edit to add: Gregbo is going to use this art for his Star Wars day print.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Been wanting this for a while and finally got a chance at a copy where the price wasn't too inflated.

Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up these at a show yesterday. The first two pictures are for you drek fans out there. The second two are for those only interested in keys. As always, I'm happy with what I bought, which is all that matters. Enjoy!

Post 601 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar cool, I sent in my Thunder Agents #1 for Barry Grossman signing.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar I really like your statement about buying what you like. This way you will never be disappointed.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Picked up some drek collection yesterday for $50, lots of reading 👍

Post 604 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
The best local show of the year was this weekend: clickable text.

And I had planned to restrain myself. Picked up my commission from Gregbo, and planned to be done.

But my wife kept egging me on. "The people that I normally spend so much on aren't here, so you go ahead."

So here's the damage.

Got these for $25/each. Less than I could have sent them in for.

Westerns are a soft spot, and I couldn't resist that cover.

War comics are another.

Trying to finish this run without breaking the bank, and this got me a bit closer.

Dollar bin pickup.

Another dollar bin find. I couldn't pay for this fast enough.

And a Jim Gordon book. Not a Batman fan, but I do like the supporting cast.
Post 605 IP   flag post
598017 999 30