Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Something old, something new.

Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector NickinDallas private msg quote post Address this user
One of the first Kickstarters I backed during the pandemic arrived today!

Post 552 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up on my monthly frank and sons run.

Post 553 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 554 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 555 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’m stoked to have these back.

This is my only MJ insert.

This is from the collection of @esaravo.

I wish I cleaned up as nicely as some of the books I bought back in the 1970’s!
Post 556 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo, graders notes say light soiling to cover. I never noted that in my book and I still can’t see it.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this shipment form CBCS in today. Most of the grades are about what I expected.

Dawn #1 - Verified Sig - Linsner

Howard the Duck #1 - 1st Gwenpool

Next 2 I just like the covers. I bought these for, like, $20 each in <company who shall not be named but does not start with a C> cases. Funny enough both still came out a 9.8 like the original grade, so that was nice:

I like to display my comics, hang them on the wall, etc... I find it hard to go with the idea of displaying an actual UF #4, so I got the facsimile graded so I could display that one :

I thought this would grade higher. My first ever checkmark though (which probably explains why I thought it would grade higher, it presents better than a 9.0):

Post 558 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My dad’s books submitted last year finally arrived. The grades were lower than I would’ve liked (always count your pages!) but other than the FF 52, I think he got them in a big mixed lot so we weren’t expecting anything extraordinary. There was press screening and it looks like only two books passed the screen

Post 559 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 560 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very close to completing my Captain America volume one collection. IIRC, I have about a dozen issues left, most of them are in the 200's. However, I don't have the collection here with me and I don't know which ones I'm missing. So, I decided that I am going to get the complete "Captain America Epic Collection" and read them. There are 22 books covering volume one, annuals, tie-ins, etc. Last week, I got my first volume. It covers the years 1963 to 1967 and these issues: Strange Tales #114, Avengers #4, Tales of Suspense #58–96. My plan is to buy one book every month or two, AFTER I have read the last one I got. It'll probably take me 2 1/2 to 3 years to complete. I'm looking forward to getting and reading these!!! After that, I'm thinking I might have to do the Golden Age Captain America books.

Post 561 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Package #1

Post 562 IP   flag post
Package #2

Post 563 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 564 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 565 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My first big purchase of the year

Swamp Thing by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson Absolute Edition
Doomsday Clock Absolute Edition

Batman: No Man’s Land Omnibus vol 2
Secret Wars Omnibus

Crossed 10th Anniversary HC
The Boys: Dear Becky HC

Post 566 IP   flag post
I had a decent pile at the LCS today. Imagine my excitement this morning when I found out this would be there today. I wrote the last 2 books off for dead since it’s been at least 8 months since 1? Picture Bam Bam Bigelow doing cartwheels all day!

Revealed on the last page of issue 1 is my ol mate.

Post 567 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Package #1

Most definitely a #1 package.
Post 568 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 569 IP   flag post

Post 570 IP   flag post

There seems to be scuffs on the inside of the plastic right on spidey of all places. That’ll make it easier to send in for verification if my plan succeeds.

Edit: I forgot about grabbing this today.

Post 571 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

upgraded my X-men 50 today. My 9.4 wp is going up for sale, 1950 if anyone is interested
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

upgraded my X-men 50 today. My 9.4 wp is going up for sale, 1950 if anyone is interested

@Batman66 Very nice upgrade!
Post 573 IP   flag post
In the last year or so I have had 9 (yes, NINE!) books returned to CGC for "MECHANICAL ERROR". I just got this corrected one back today. The second picture was what they had the first time. It had the wrong information, year and was placed in a magazine size holder.

Post 574 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today.

Post 575 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I actually won this last night at Heritage with a bid I thought had no chance. If you're going to unexpectedly snag your first Frazetta cover, this classic isn't a bad one to land on. WOOT!!!

Post 576 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I actually won this last night at Heritage with a bid I thought had no chance. If you're going to unexpectedly snag your first Frazetta cover, this classic isn't a bad one to land on. WOOT!!!

@figment my 4.5 copy made it onto my 5-book display shelf...right in the center. Definitely a "permanent collection" book for me. I would have a hard time parting with it.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Thanks @BrianGreensnips.

Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Dirt cheap pre graded. A book I probably read 50 times as a kid, but a villain that never caught on.

Post 579 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 580 IP   flag post
600822 999 30