Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
New to the collection and soon to have a new holder.

I'd hate to be the one that has to pop the rivets on that one!

Post 526 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 527 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some low-mid grade stuff from my first LCS trip this year.

Post 528 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh in today

Post 529 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Nice trip.
Post 530 IP   flag post

I bought my first Green Lama in 2002. 21 years later I finally own the whole series 1-8. Last night won an auction and bought #5

Post 531 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I bought my first Green Lama in 2002. 21 years later I finally own the whole series 1-8. Last night won an auction and bought #5

Congrats!!! We need a group shot!!
Post 532 IP   flag post
@GAC As soon as I get it in the mail. It should be a few days.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
In the “it seemed like a good idea at the time” purchase. The Mystery Men 29 and the Speed 35 I figure will be wall art as they are just front covers, the Weird Mysteries 10 I will marry, I have a line on a coverless.

Post 534 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
One more Catwoman cover down. Pretty sure this one was the most recent cover I was missing. Been holding out for the right grade/price.

Post 535 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in today. The Batmans are the last 2 parts of the Storyline "Death in the Family" that I've been needing for a long time to complete the four part set.The cover art on 228 is Amazing in it's portrayal of a horrific event in comic book lore.

I used to watch the Shazam Isis hour on CBS as a kid on Saturday mornings, so had my eye on this for while also.

This last one is one of my "because it has a cool cover" purchase. 1954 and it's a 2.5 - Pretty sweet!
Also the fact that "This book can not be purchased anywhere but in Niagra Falls" (as it says at the bottom of the cover) is pretty awesome.

Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Not "new" but the signatures and slabbing are new. Just got my McFarlane books back over the weekend.
I actually got in 3 of these total. I knew buying a small stack and stashing them away when they came out would come in handy some day. Just took several decades.

I was happy with this. Looking at it, there are several small little nicks that didn't press out and this is a borderline 9.4 if you ask me. But I'm FAR from an expert.

This has a small tear on the back cover and several tiny color breaking creases. I posted it raw on here a couple of years ago and pretty much everyone said the absolute best I would get was an 8.5 if I was lucky. Y'all hit the mark. Granted, this has seen some miles. It's hung on several of my walls since I bought it brand new. I'm still happy with it.

Post 537 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

went to California comic con this weekend, brought and sold a bunch of books there. It was nice to not buy anything, I did however got these in a trade. I brought my cap 1 there for fun. Had a lot of people who wanted to buy it, told them it's not for sale. One guy came back later with his hand out to shake it, "I'll give you 50k for the cap 1 right now". He's a big player on IG, has a ton of followers and tons of expensive books. It was a good feeling to receive the offer and better to politely turn it down. Funny, I looked at my wife when he made the offer and she's shaking her head nooooooo. It's awesome to have your wife enjoy the books as much as you do. She really wants a tec31, so I'm in the hunt for a low grade or restored copy. If you have a lead on one, let me know 🙏
Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
My latest ASM pickup!
Post 539 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Hunted down more May 72 books. It's getting harder.

And a book that was not on my original list but discovered today should of been.

Then some Charlton romance

Post 540 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Received this and some delicious jerky from @Heinzdad yesterday. Thanks Brian!

Post 541 IP   flag post
Collector NickinDallas private msg quote post Address this user

666?? Let’s get Dangerous indeed!
Post 542 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Worthwhile trip to the LCS this week.

Hidden surprise in the Marvel Spotlight:
Post 543 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had these for a few years now, and last year when CGC ran their promotion (150.00 grading fee credit for 99.00) I jumped on it and sent these in.
I had them all graded at 9.2. But surprise...lol...
White Mountain Pedigree Kubert goodness...

Post 544 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got these a couple of weeks ago, but just got around to taking pictures of them.

Post 545 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 546 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m stoked to have these back.

This is my only MJ insert.

This is from the collection of @esaravo.

Post 547 IP   flag post

Not as bad as I’d feared, not as good as I’d hoped.
Post 548 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these off eBay. Nice prices I think…. NFS

$400

Picked up 4 Sandmans. 2 were 9.8, one was 9.6, and one “nm raw”.

The 9.8s were $330, the 9.6 was $170. The raw was $95. - getting all 4 signed SS by Mike Royer soon.

The last Ronin signed 6x

$200

How’d I do?
Post 549 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@NickinDallas nice book. Sucks there’s no graders notes.
Post 550 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Something old, something new.

Post 551 IP   flag post
One of the first Kickstarters I backed during the pandemic arrived today!

Post 552 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up on my monthly frank and sons run.

Post 553 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 554 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 555 IP   flag post
601329 999 30