Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
More Spidey!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Last one for a while. This is what happens when you let three or four months of stuff pile up before organizing and boxing it all.

Would like a little better grade, but this is one of those ASMs that I’ve been meaning to get and not getting since the ‘80s. Figured it was time to actually do it.

Post 504 IP   flag post

Face it, Tiger...you just hit the jackpot!
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got this back from my LCS after 15 months, but it went up from 9.6 to 9.8, so it was worth the wait.

Post 506 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

very happy to add this, been on the hunt for a while. Signed by the 3 Hernandez brothers, Jamie, Gilbert and with a rare signature of Mario( typically just Jamie and Gilbert), all in a good placement
Post 507 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 508 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got a call from a friend who was looking at a collection, ended up passing it to me. Lots of silver age dc, nothing too crazy, tec359, flash 139 and a few other minor keys. Funny, 3rd time I found a worlds finest 153 in the wild, the Batman slapping Robin meme issue. Handful of golden age, lots of copper though modern. The biggest book is a Superman 13 and probably the Mary marvel 1. Came with a truck load of toys as well, my friend is going to sell those.
Post 509 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
My recent pick ups from clan McDonald.

Left is Scott Hanna, Green lantern corps. 2013, volume three issue 18 page 8

Right is Scott Hanna, the Incredible Hulk 2010 volume one issue 617, page 14.

Post 510 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Very nice! What kind of shape were the Adventure Comics in?
Post 511 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Went into my LCS yesterday and found this gem.
Got it for $70 due to a little liquid damage on the back cover.
I think with a clean and press, this could go up to a mid grade somewhere between 5.0 and 7.0.
Thoughts?

Post 512 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Batman66 - Very nice! What kind of shape were the Adventure Comics in?
they vary, was thinking of you when I saw them. Send me a list of what you need. These start I think about 280 and go to 400 or so.
Post 513 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
Went into my LCS yesterday and found this gem.
Got it for $70 due to a little liquid damage on the back cover.
I think with a clean and press, this could go up to a mid grade somewhere between 5.0 and 7.0.
Thoughts?
Is there staining evident on the interior pages?
Post 514 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
@steveinthecity No staining on interior pages nor do I see any any water damage on interior pages at all. Nothing is wavy other than part of the back cover.
Post 515 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Rush_is_a_band - Great book. Unfortunately, I have found when the front cover looks 7/8 and the back cover looks 3/4, you are lucky if you get a 4.0. It does present very nicely, whatever grade the experts decide.
Post 516 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Wow! are those superman, mary marvel, whiz/wow comics potentially up for sale?
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this at a yard sale over the weekend. Pretty cool find.

Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
@Batman66 Wow! are those superman, mary marvel, whiz/wow comics potentially up for sale?
everything will be for sale
Post 520 IP   flag post
Two more Silver Age ASMs!
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector NickinDallas private msg quote post Address this user

Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Stopped in at my LCS for tickets to a local Con that’s coming up later this month.

I couldn’t leave without seeing what was new in-stock. The Iron Man was a last minute addition, the owner was about to put it on the back wall …

I had the day off and stopped for lunch and a couple drinks first. I may not have made as many purchases if the drinks came after the stop at the shop. 😆
Post 523 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
fresh in from the other guys, the TMNT is russian

Post 524 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Holy cow! That Tmnt! Jealous.
Post 525 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
New to the collection and soon to have a new holder.

I'd hate to be the one that has to pop the rivets on that one!

Post 526 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 527 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some low-mid grade stuff from my first LCS trip this year.

Post 528 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh in today

Post 529 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Nice trip.
Post 530 IP   flag post
601537 999 30