Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking through boxes recently and found a 2nd copy of Conan #1.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I was looking through boxes recently and found a 2nd copy of Conan #1.

Don't ask why I hate!

- Sad lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Here is some posters Mike Royer did the art for while with Disney. The first 5 are "counterfeits", as Mike puts it. In the 80's Disney had him recreate existing art for these HUGE ad posters. The others are just ad posters- All signed by Mike.

Post 29 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today’s mail thanks to a recent deal that I made with @MrNotSoNice. I wish there was more trading on the forum.

Post 30 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Adam huges foil variant

Post 31 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
So I am getting into foreign comics. Just got my Spider-Man #300 from Brazil.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
This new Detective Comics #1064 (Cvr D Inc 1:25 Martin Simmonds Card Stock Var) reminds me of the pulp below or Guillermo del Toro's Metamorphosing Monster. I'm really diggin' it!

I see your hand creature and raise you an in person hand creature (when the del Toro exhibit was in Toronto!!!)

Post 33 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of the books that arrived today.
Highest graded copy with White pages.
1 of 2 on CBCS Census & only 4 9.8's on CGC Census.
Rather rare Jim Starlin Cover....

Post 34 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally came across a nice copy of this book at a really fair price. I love the colors on this cover. Been looking for a high-grade raw copy for years.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Finally came across a nice copy of this book at a really fair price. I love the colors on this cover. Been looking for a high-grade raw copy for years.

Wow. That's a great book in incredible condition. I have a decent EC collection, and I really enjoy owning them. But I don't think any of them come close to that condition.
Post 36 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

Wow. That's a great book in incredible condition. I have a decent EC collection, and I really enjoy owning them. But I don't think any of them come close to that condition.

Yeah, that's a beauty....
Post 37 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia @Nearmint67 Thanks guys.

I bought it online and, with it being as old as it is and with the dark cover, I figured it would probably have some color touch. That would explain why it wasn't graded.

Before I bought it, I asked the dealer whether it had any CT and he told me no and he's right... none that I can see, anyway.

I'm really happy to have it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of eBay impulse purchases.

Post 39 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
This one stays in the personal collection.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Not a real big duck fan, I just like nice condition black covers.

Post 41 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
This is one of the books that arrived today.
Highest graded copy with White pages.
1 of 2 on CBCS Census & only 4 9.8's on CGC Census.
Rather rare Jim Starlin Cover....

one of the best movies made
planet of the apes
Post 42 IP   flag post
This one stays in the personal collection, the rest are at MCS (as soon as they get them processed).

Post 43 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
No double dipping! lol - get some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
This one stays in the personal collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
This one stays in the personal collection, the rest are at MCS (as soon as they get them processed).

Post 44 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @00slim...

Post 45 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in from an auction.

This one I got cause it was nostalgic, it reminded me of when I took my kids to see it in the theater. They loved the Power Rangers. We had a great time

This one because it had the Wolverine origin.

This one Cause, why not? actually because it has a cool cover.

My youngest son loves Akira. Good enough reason. Will probably give this to him as one of his Christmas presents.

First Marvel Comics appearance of Angela (from Spawn).

I loved how cool the cover was and how good it looks for a 1954 comic book.

I’ve had my eye on this comic for about two years, finally one came up at a decent price at a great condition.

First appearance of Lobo, a character my older son likes. Another Christmas present.

First appearance of new Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau

Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
No double dipping! lol - get some sleep.

Best advice I've heard all day!
Post 47 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I’ve had my eye on this comic for about two years , or finally came up at a decent price at a great condition.

I can relate to this cover,.. one of my favorites.

Someday I'm going to do a painting of this cover, but it will be wider than tall,.. and not the empty red background.
Post 48 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Dang @sportshort, nice haul!
Post 49 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder- "Someday I'm going to do a painting of this cover, but it will be wider than tall,.. and not the empty red background.

I'd love to see that.

@HeinzDad - Thanks, I like it.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user

picked it up at ny comic con and had it signed
Post 51 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up this week.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Picked these up this week.

Those costumes. how times have changed. today we might call it "Stopover at Starbucks".
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
These came yesterday while I was at NYCC.
The S.M. #129, I feel is undergraded.
The WWBN #32 I feel is overgraded.

Yes, I read the grader notes; and the fact that only 1.5 grade points delta when there is unquestionable differential in quality between the 2 comics, as well as nothing in the graders notes that I missed, tells the tale. This company really is all-over-the-place with it's grading. Whatever. If you play in their sandbox, you play by their incompetence.

$75 for S.M 129 in the mid-90's
$50 for WWBN 32 at an estate sale (buried at the bottom of a milk crate with a load of rag tag Dells that no one bothered to go to the bottom of the crate to verify)

Post 54 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Your lucky you got notes on the 9.0

Typically on my books 8.5 seems like the cutoff. Also the notes always suggest they can be pressed although they just were. In some cases literally by their sister company ccs.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601313 999 30