Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’m still on a bit of a hiatus from comics while i focus on my movie collection & home theatre upgrade.

However, here are a couple pickups that came in this weekend:

As a big fan of the show “Comic Book Men”, when Ming Chen threw his old convention banner up on e-bay, I had to throw my hat into the ring. And I happened to win it.

Also, when I heard David Fincher’s next movie is based on a French comic book, I wanted to get my hands on the source material before the movie comes out. Little did I know, the collected edition is 750 pages. 😆

Love comic book men...especially Ming
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest Copra arrived in the mail.

Post 452 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Today's mail call...

Post 453 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster this was a ridiculously great offering from Midtown. Got one myself. $7.99 I think?

And an autograph on the inside where it belongs! Wow... impressive
Post 454 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
And the other box...

Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
A book I read over and over as a kid, as it was in Grandma’s pile at her house.
Kid scribbles on covers don’t bother me at all, fortunately. I did worse back then.

Post 456 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this from @DWeeB1967 and it arrived today safe and sound...Thanks David for the flawless transaction!!

...at the front of the line.

Post 457 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Dance!!!

Post 458 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I was at an estate sale today and was able to make a deal to buy all of these together. Some of the boxes have some damage, but all the hardcovers themselves appear to be in very nice shape. Happy with the deal.

Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Magnificent.
Post 461 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Wow!! Great pickup.
Post 462 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 463 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived today from @SidTheSquid

Thanks for a great transaction!

Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Big thanks to @SidTheSquid for these books! Great to deal with, and I would definitely buy from him again.

Post 465 IP   flag post
This is my February 2022 order that I got back last week from CBCS. I have strong thoughts about the grade on the Batman #423, the rest were more in line with what I had graded them at.

Post 466 IP   flag post
Picked this up from the MCS Prime Auction last week. MCS graded it at 2.5. Personally, I think it's the best looking 2.5 I've seen. Looks more like a 4.0 to me, but I'll find out at some point when I submit it.

Post 467 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 looks like a vg candidate to me 👍
Post 468 IP   flag post
@southerncross Thanks, I hope so!
Post 469 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Picked this up from the MCS Prime Auction last week. MCS graded it at 2.5. Personally, I think it's the best looking 2.5 I've seen. Looks more like a 4.0 to me, but I'll find out at some point when I submit it.

Here's mine:

Post 470 IP   flag post
@GAC That's a great looking copy! And it looks to be in better condition. It'll be fun to see what grade it shakes out to be, just glad to have it finally in the PC
Post 471 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 I'd say yours is similar to mine so a 4.0/4.5 sounds right.
Post 472 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 - Those a great books!
Post 473 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

I picked these up at my LCS in Schenectady, NY today. They just purchased someone's ASM collection that probably had over 60% of the the pre-100 issues. I wish I had the funds to pick them all up.
Post 474 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I walked away from these high grade beauties yesterday and thought about them over night.

This baby isn’t quite as nice but it’s solid with plenty of room for improvement.

Lastly, this arrived from everyone’s amigo, @Flanders. He was the only participant on my proposal to take the Lions for the under on the year. I thought I would have gotten dog piled. Flanders, I wasn’t thinking anything like this dude. I’ll send you a care package soon. Also, I think we have a lab candidate….

Post 475 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I'm glad it arrived without any more cracks and has 9.8 potential. Media Mail is surprisingly fast.
Post 476 IP   flag post
I was amazed how fast media mail moved when I did the “media mail” challenge.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some books that my son and I got back yesterday. Unfortunately the ASM 41 was not sealed on both corners at the bottom of the case. We will have to send that book back. Pretty happy with the grades and especially all blue labels. Some of these books I have had for a very long time. The ASM 20,41, and 66 are my sons.

Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Post 479 IP   flag post
Three days in a row to the LCS. I think I got everything now?????

Post 480 IP   flag post
601280 999 30