Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

I just added this to my PC. Low grade but good luck finding these EBAL editions of JLA #1 in any grade, they are not getting any cheaper. I love all the different variations on this cover!
Post 426 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

final pickup of the year. Exciting comics 9, the first appearance of the black terror. Along with my copy of black terror 1
Post 427 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

I bought this today from @SidTheSquid New Years Eve Slab Deals for a good price. I'd reccomend taking a look...lots of good books with great deals. Thanks Noah!!
Post 428 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got this back from the Todd father's signing
Post 429 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Found the last issue I needed to complete my run of Batman between 400-500. It was not on the shelf yet, but I asked if they had it and yes, it was in the back room. šŸ¤“
Post 430 IP   flag post

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

This is the first issue of Nintendo Power from Sweden, not an easy one to find!
Post 431 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Great reads.

And Kirbyā€™s Fourth World Absolute Edition vol 1 & 2. These things are massive

Post 432 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 433 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
First arrival for the new year, thanks to @SidTheSquid. Now I can sell off my raw copy since I donā€™t sub any longer. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Post 434 IP   flag post

Just for fun, I got this one graded because I really like double covers.

Post 435 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these from @BigRedOne1944

It looks like the movie "The Shadow" with Alec Baldwin was based on this comic book.

And a free bonus book - thanks John

Post 436 IP   flag post

Just need four issues to complete the 1-35 run now!
Post 437 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Rush_is_a_band - What issues do you still need?

PM sent.
Post 438 IP   flag post
@esaravo I just looked and itā€™s actually five issues I need. 3-5,7,10.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

New pick ups today, with discount 150 including tax šŸ‘
Post 440 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My last purchase from 2022 arrived from Italy today. Itā€™s from 1962 and reprints Adventure Comics #247. One of these days, I will get my hands on an actual Adventure #247 (I could make someone a hell of a trade right now if anyone has one available). It is definitely an original copy, not a reprint. It even has an insert showing space-age satellites. The first and last page of each story is in color, but the other pages are in black and white. I didnā€™t even know this existed until someone posted one on this forum several weeks ago. It is much smaller than a regular comic, and was shipped to me in a thin cardboard envelope without a bag or board. If any of you have made purchases from overseas, this is fairly common practice. Itā€™s really amazing how any of these types of items have survived.

PS - After WWII, Italy renamed Superman and Superboy as the Nembo Kid. It translates as ā€œstorm cloudā€ I believe. They also removed the ā€œSā€ emblem from his chest.
Post 441 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 442 IP   flag post

I picked these up when I bought the all star 8. After we left I was saying to myself, cool books but you just plopped down all that money for the as8. So if anyone is interested the price variant is 600 shipped and the hulk proto-type for 325 shipped. The colors are amazing
Post 443 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 444 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived today. eBay purchase.

Post 445 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

final pickup of the year. Exciting comics 9, the first appearance of the black terror. Along with my copy of black terror 1

Just TERRIFIC!
Post 446 IP   flag post

mail call. So the owner of the cap 1 sold me the rest of his caps. The cap 3, he had Stan Lee sign it in '87. It is Stan's first work at timely. The 4 has a an awesome pin up on the back cover. The 5 is Stan's first comic story. Raw and unrestored. I've been waiting for these books. The seller had to wait until the new year because of tax repercussions. The 3,8 (both signed by Stan Lee)and 9 (signed by Jack Kirby)are all going to cbcs. They would look great with yellow labels.
Post 447 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

mail call. So the owner of the cap 1 sold me the rest of his caps. The cap 3, he had Stan Lee sign it in '87. It is Stan's first work at timely. The 4 has a an awesome pin up on the back cover. The 5 is Stan's first comic story. Raw and unrestored. I've been waiting for these books. The seller had to wait until the new year because of tax repercussions. The 3,8 (both signed by Stan Lee)and 9 (signed by Jack Kirby)are all going to cbcs. They would look great with yellow labels.

Post 448 IP   flag post
Quote:

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 449 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not much into Modern comics.
But I have been focusing purchases on Pixar/Disney that was pre-lunacy speculation of "what's going to be optioned next" syndrome.

~7000 print run which puts the 1:10 Cover C extremely low and these 2nd prints can't be much either.

Post 450 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Iā€™m still on a bit of a hiatus from comics while i focus on my movie collection & home theatre upgrade.

However, here are a couple pickups that came in this weekend:

As a big fan of the show ā€œComic Book Menā€, when Ming Chen threw his old convention banner up on e-bay, I had to throw my hat into the ring. And I happened to win it.

Also, when I heard David Fincherā€™s next movie is based on a French comic book, I wanted to get my hands on the source material before the movie comes out. Little did I know, the collected edition is 750 pages. šŸ˜†

Love comic book men...especially Ming
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest Copra arrived in the mail.

Post 452 IP   flag post
Today's mail call...

Post 453 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster this was a ridiculously great offering from Midtown. Got one myself. $7.99 I think?

And an autograph on the inside where it belongs! Wow... impressive
Post 454 IP   flag post
And the other box...

Post 455 IP   flag post
600643 999 30