Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Man, what a haul!! Very nice.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster So awesome! I’ve got a Batman 291 at CBCS right now, though I don’t think it’ll be 9.8. Congrats!
Post 352 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 353 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

Post 354 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today.

Post 355 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this today at LA comic Con. With a Sam De La Rosa signature and drawing. (I posted this on another thread but it makes more sense here).

Post 356 IP   flag post
Picked these up on the cheap at the con.

Post 357 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Paid FMV. Possibly a mistake short term. But in my opinion worth the gamble long term. 10+ years
Post 358 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
More from my collection that I sent in. Don't you hate it when a book comes back graded 9.4-9.6 and you don't see a damn thing wrong with it??? I can't complain to much, nothing came back less than a 9.2.

Post 359 IP   flag post

That's it for now.
Post 360 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That's because CGC is the laziest when it comes to graders notes. The only time they include them is if it makes you think a press and regrade could benefit your book when in reality they just pressed it
Post 361 IP   flag post
Just got this from @Mountie73. I don”t know how he made any money on this sale, he used a fortune in bubble wrap. Probably the best packaging I’ve ever seen. I've had my eye on this book for a few years, finally got a great deal with the Cyber Monday discount.
Thanks!

Post 362 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

fresh back from cgc
Post 363 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
More Frazetta magazineness, and just a cool Hawkman cover I hadn't really paid attention to before.

Post 364 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received this cool glow in the dark comic recently. Thanks @Bronte!

Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
May 1964 Harvey comics file set, originally bound for the production department.

Also recently acquired this amazing Casper drinking cup. Unused and from the personal collection of Alfred Harvey himself.

Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas came early for me:

Post 367 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My latest pickups.

Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
My first pickup in quite some time. Made a trade for this and should have it in hand today.

Post 369 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Double mail call and a LCS visit today.

Got this stack of books from Galen130; lots of stuff I am looking forward to setting down with.

Couple cardstock cover variants came this afternoon.

And, since it's Wednesday, I made a visit to one of my LCS. It's not the one I have my pull box at, but they try to keep variants in stock.
Post 370 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Really liking those LSH issues. Nice...
Post 371 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

was able to land this ghost of a book, first appearance of the original ghost rider. A bit on the ugly side but happy to acquire it at a decent price
Post 372 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived. I don't remember picking the custom label..I don't see it on the invoice. Maybe it was part of the signing deal?

Post 373 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Very Nice. I am still waiting for my ASM 316. I did choose a custom label for mine. I chose the Tod McFarlane label.
It's new and won't be as many of them as others, like spidey, venom or your spawn. Anyway, I am like Heinz ketchup.... "anticipation" is making me wait.....
Post 374 IP   flag post
Got this back from CGC and once again, they gave it the wrong Key Comments. "Key Comments incorrect. This is NOT a 1939 "SECOND EDITION". It IS a 1938 first edition."

The Second edition is clearly stated on the covers and also stated in Overstreet...

Post 375 IP   flag post

Post 376 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster congrats on that forbidden love, that's a book I'd get 👍
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Got these for what I think was a good price.

Post 378 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster it's the hairy breasts variant cover of Forbidden Love!
Post 379 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@OGJackster it's the hairy breasts variant cover of Forbidden Love!

Haha I didn't even notice that. My attention went directly to her eyes that are peering into my soul.
Post 380 IP   flag post
598100 999 30