Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Beyond thrilled to have won this one, but the silver to gold trade pile grows dangerously thin.

Post 326 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment wow, awesome book. Huge congrats
Post 327 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Beyond thrilled to have won this one, but the silver to gold trade pile grows dangerously thin.

Nice Book man! Sometimes you have to give up to get.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic...a pen..a fountain pen!! excuse my penmanship..still working on it
From after the depression but before WWII
WWII pen clips moved to the top of pens due to military dress code, after depression because this brand was a lower priced brand to not damage the main one
Photos dont really show how beautiful it is under light!

Post 329 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics that pen is all write, I'm mean alright. Very cool, looks like something that belonged to Alan Scott
Post 330 IP   flag post

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 331 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived while I was on vacation and I just got around to taking pictures of them. They were all out of my collection so I'm pretty pleased at the outcome. Of course we always want them to all come back as 9.8's but not to bad.

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent these in to get signed at NYCC. Just got them back 2 days ago. Lady Death Necrotic Genesis Legend set signed by Simon Bisley and Hellwitch & Lady Death books signed by Mike Krome.

Post 333 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Not "new" to my collection, but an amazing upgrade to my collection!

Post 334 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah right! Thats a faxsimilar.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Whats a "faxsimilar"
Post 336 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
A facsimile of a facsimile. The new flavor of the week.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

@Scifinator I think @HeinzDad is saying that the condition is almost to freaking amazing to be real! Incredible book!
Post 338 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator that’s really Radd!!!

Kidding aside, I’m super jealous! Simply stunning!
Post 339 IP   flag post

couple of books back, the gsx1 9.0 picked up raw in a collection, have a couple more from the same collection on their way back now. The marvel family was a crack, press and regrade.originally it was a 1.8. Really thought it was a 2.5,
Post 340 IP   flag post
Nothing as cool as the last couple of posts but glad to have a ‘Tec 359 back in the PC. Had it graded at 6.0 so I was very happy to see it come back at that and not lower.

Got these two back from my LCS after waiting 15 months. Not sure if the pressing was worth it, but they have sentimental value so super excited to have them.

Post 341 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Some Swamp Thing and Frazetta goodness.

Post 342 IP   flag post
I’ve never seen either of those @clioRawDog.
Post 343 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 344 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’ve never seen either of those @clioRawDog.

Lol, they are faxsimilars... for entertainment only.

Post 345 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Holy Toledo, that's pretty.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@Scifinator Holy Toledo, that's pretty.
@James42 - i had to sell a lot of comics to afford it. Was hoping it still be available while I was raising the funds.
Post 347 IP   flag post
New box in today. I think the jewel of the lot is Batman #291 at a 9.8. I'm proud of that one because is's one that I bought off the rack as a kid back in 1977.

Post 348 IP   flag post

Post 349 IP   flag post

Post 350 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Man, what a haul!! Very nice.
Post 351 IP   flag post
@OGJackster So awesome! I’ve got a Batman 291 at CBCS right now, though I don’t think it’ll be 9.8. Congrats!
Post 352 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

Post 354 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today.

Post 355 IP   flag post
600782 999 30