Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte That Torchy is sweet...
Post 301 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

Yeah thst is my favorite out of this batch.
Post 302 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived.

Post 303 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in. I separated each book to it's own post, not for votes, but to see what boardies tastes are currently. I am sometimes surprised when I see a book that I think is popular get less votes than another book.

Post 304 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
This book is super interesting, It was apparently an All Detergent giveaway. I've never seen this before, I didn't know giving away comics with purchase was a thing.

Post 305 IP   flag post

Post 306 IP   flag post

Post 307 IP   flag post

Post 308 IP   flag post

Post 309 IP   flag post

Post 310 IP   flag post

Post 311 IP   flag post

Post 312 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Baltimore small business Saturday.
To be Continued....Comics
1/2 off wall books

Post 313 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Baltimore small business Saturday.
To be Continued....Comics
1/2 off wall books

I'm so jealous that I don't have a comic book store near me and the ones I go to (far away) never have any sales (ever) nor any cool books.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Got a big discount on some books as compensation for working a booth at the Heritage show couple weekend back:
Finished my X-men run of 49-68:

Finished my Piracy run:

Rough condition (probably 2.0) but on my list for a long time:

Personal favorite, hard to find Nuclear Apocalypse cover:

Post 315 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Nice haul!! Is that the 1st Bizarro?

Edit: It is...that's a huge book!! Congrats!!!
Post 316 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 317 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else order the Casper #1 File Copy 10 pack from VAComicon? They were limited to only 20 sets.

Post 318 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Anyone else order the Casper #1 File Copy 10 pack from VAComicon? They were limited to only 20 sets.

Unfortunately no. That looks like something I would’ve done.
Post 319 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I just got these back from CGC. I sent in a total of 5 copies. 4 came back as 9.8 and 1 9.6 (forgot to take a picture of the 5th copy). The problem is they got the "key comments" wrong on all 5. These are all Lion's Gate Edition Reprints. The giveaways when the movie came out. CGC listed them as "Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #129 (2/74) Included with Marvel Legends, Series VI, "Punisher" action figure." There is a value difference between the two so off they go back to CGC to be corrected.
I've already contacted CGC and have them boxed up to be sent back to fix the "Mechanical Error", free of charge.

Post 320 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I just got these back from CGC. I sent in a total of 5 copies. 4 came back as 9.8 and 1 9.6 (forgot to take a picture of the 5th copy). The problem is they got the "key comments" wrong on all 5. These are all Lion's Gate Edition Reprints. The giveaways when the movie came out. CGC listed them as "Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #129 (2/74) Included with Marvel Legends, Series VI, "Punisher" action figure." There is a value difference between the two so off they go back to CGC to be corrected.
I've already contacted CGC and have them boxed up to be sent back to fix the "Mechanical Error", free of charge.

Not to be a Debbie downer, but let's hope they don't foul up the re-slabbing. Did you take pics of them as is, in case there's damage done to the books?
Post 321 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia congrats on getting that evasive X-Men #59.
Post 322 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Final Boss, Signed by Tyler Kirkham

Post 323 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 324 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Not to be a Debbie downer, but let's hope they don't foul up the re-slabbing. Did you take pics of them as is, in case there's damage done to the books?

Sure did
Post 325 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Beyond thrilled to have won this one, but the silver to gold trade pile grows dangerously thin.

Post 326 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment wow, awesome book. Huge congrats
Post 327 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Beyond thrilled to have won this one, but the silver to gold trade pile grows dangerously thin.

Nice Book man! Sometimes you have to give up to get.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic...a pen..a fountain pen!! excuse my penmanship..still working on it
From after the depression but before WWII
WWII pen clips moved to the top of pens due to military dress code, after depression because this brand was a lower priced brand to not damage the main one
Photos dont really show how beautiful it is under light!

Post 329 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics that pen is all write, I'm mean alright. Very cool, looks like something that belonged to Alan Scott
Post 330 IP   flag post
601239 999 30