Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to Your Collection #1518447

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Copy that. Big ole Gavin Rossdale!

Beeeeeerrrrrrr
Post 251 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Nice. That Swampy coin made me jelly…….

Only 1971 of those made.
Post 252 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Signed by Frank Forte

Signed by Jim Balent

Post 253 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in today.

Books of Doom #1 (HTF)

Ghost Rider #7 Virgin Variant (First Appearance of Exhaust)

Post 255 IP   flag post

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Semi-recent pickup, which was such a steal that I actually felt sympathy for the seller...I could have paid 50 times the BIN price and it still would have been a 🍒 of a score.

Will pull between an 8.0/8.5 once I press and sub it.

Brownie points if any boardie can post up the significance of this book, I know what it is, just curious how many others on here do.

Hint:
The significance is not due to it being a pence variant in high grade, but that's a nice bonus.

Edit:
On second thought, I'm keeping this find to myself....don't have an under copy yet & def don't need increased competition in finding one.
Post 256 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Made my monthly visit to my LCS today and made the mistake of flipping through the new graded arrivals bin. Dammit.

But I have been a fan of Chrissie Zullo's work for ages. So I gave in.
Post 257 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Celebrity Week! Both were back within the last 2 days

I made a rookie mistake with the signing cutout for Michael J. Fox. Combine my mistake; with Michael's condition and he literally partially signed right over Christopher Lloyd. Oh well - not terribly and completely over one another but enough to "annoy" me. I'll make sure I have different cutout sections when getting two autographs next time.
(Side Note: the Back to the Future looks perfect. I compared to graders notes and I just don't see anything whatsoever. Old eyes I guess)

The Clark Gregg is appropriately graded and is a true standout with the all Black cover and silver pen.

Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
It's the title of the book that did it. I just couldn't resist. Plus, it only ran for two issues, so it was easy to get the whole run!!!

His three boy companions/followers/hangers-on are named Rollo, Fatso and Fisty. Make of that what you will.

Post 259 IP   flag post
Grabbed this one for cheap at an antique store yesterday. Has seen some moisture and needs a run through the lab, but glad to have it.

Post 260 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Secret Wars 8 Brazilian
Post 261 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Secret Wars 8 Brazilian

You're right. Spider-Man doesn't have a single strand of hair showing. Silky smooth.
Post 262 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few more issues for my ASM run (#125 is an upgrade), and a Steranko book for the hell of it.

Post 263 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo SaaaaWeeeeeet!!!!!!!!
Post 264 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

so the guy I bought the captain America 1 from also has these books he's selling me. He had Stan sign the cap 3 in '87 and had the 3&4 restored with the cap 1. The 5 is unrestored. I will have to share the story of how I came across and was able to land them.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I get a call from a friend who was buying some records off someone and had this collection of pulps, magazines, fanzine and more oddities. The vampire Lola is 1-50, pretty nice shape. I think my favorite was the magazine size pulps, I've never seen those before. Love the artwork
Post 266 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Only one vintage book. Under the radar minor key. First time Imperious Rex is used in a Namor story. First time Hulk's identity is revealed to someone other then Rick Jones

Post 267 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 268 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

I get a call from a friend who was buying some records off someone and had this collection of pulps, magazines, fanzine and more oddities. The vampire Lola is 1-50, pretty nice shape. I think my favorite was the magazine size pulps, I've never seen those before. Love the artwork

Ooooooooo, Web of Horror #3!
Post 269 IP   flag post
Quote:

Same! I was zooming in to see if those were color breaks on the spine or reflections on the bag.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:

Same! I was zooming in to see if those were color breaks on the spine or reflections on the bag.
Great minds think alike.
Post 271 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Throwback Thursday avatar/picture?
Post 272 IP   flag post
It commands respect……. maybe
Post 273 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
His three boy companions/followers/hangers-on are named Rollo, Fatso and Fisty. Make of that what you will.

You made me curious, so I couldn't help but read a little of it online.
From the first issue, the one called "Fisty" says:

Full page below:

Post 274 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Some LCS pick ups today

Post 275 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra - DD #48 is a classic for its ASS PAIN sign! Once you see it, you can’t un-see it.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo yes sir. Got all for a great deal too. It’s the store’s 30th anniversary. 30% off store wide.
Post 277 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Frontier2Xterra - DD #48 is a classic for its ASS PAIN sign! Once you see it, you can’t un-see it.

Another @esaravo favorite?
Post 278 IP   flag post
@WMorse - I think I still have a copy…
hey, are you calling me a pain-in-the-ass? LOL!
Post 279 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@WMorse - I think I still have a copy…
hey, are you calling me a pain-in-the-ass? LOL!

We all know what you like @esaravo. HAHAHA!
Post 280 IP   flag post
601448 999 30