Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

FOR SALE!! How about a few Gold Key Star Trek??!! Low grade, but complete!!18442

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I decided I don't really want these four Gold Key Star Trek, even though they are cool. I'd rather sell and invest in other things. Buy them as a lot, or buy them individually!!!

$30 for the lot!!!

Personal/cashier's check, money order, or PayPal accepted.

No returns, please, unless damaged in transit. I'm not an expert grader, so if you disagree with something, let me know first. No buyer's remorse. Lol

I will ship for free using Media Mail...list prices reflect that. If you'd like another shipping method, message me and we'll discuss it.

Offers are always welcome...message me.

I may drop some other stuff in this thread that I haven't listed before. We'll see how things go with these first four books.

Here we go!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Star Trek #23 (Gold Key), George Wilson painted cover.

This comic is complete.  The biggest issues, besides the obvious ones on the front, are the moisture damaged areas on the back cover.  There is some light staining in those areas, and the moisture spot near the bottom edge does affect the interior pages…just not with stains.  A clean and press should help a bit here.

VG-, maybe less; cream to off-white pages (more off-white I think).

$12

Post 2 IP   flag post
Star Trek #26 (Gold Key), George Wilson painted cover. This copy is the Whitman variant.

This comic is complete. The scans tell the story here. Lots of creasing, including ink-breaking printers creases. A press will help a bit.

GD+, give or take; cream to off-white pages (again, more off-white I think).

$8

Post 3 IP   flag post
Star Trek #38 (Gold Key), George Wilson painted cover.

This comic is complete. There is a spine roll/curl, mostly at the top half of the spine. This, and a mild misalignment/miscut makes for an off-center cover. A few pages inside show a printer’s crease, or wrinkle.

VG, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$12

Post 4 IP   flag post
Star Trek #44 (Gold Key), George Wilson painted cover. This comic is loaded with Alex Raymond swipes.

This comic is complete. Again, there appears to be a mild misalignment/miscut making for a slightly off-center cover. There appears to be ink overspray on the top, but the back shows some soiling at that spot…along with other places. A clean/press will help here.

VG, or better; off-white pages.

$10

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
So tempting! But I need to sell, not buy
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
So tempting! But I need to sell, not buy

Believe me, I know!!! 🤣🤣
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sorry, all!!! I guess I didn't drop this thread in the For Sale area, so I changed the title. LMAO
Post 8 IP   flag post
Okay, no takers on the Star Trek yet so I'm going to add some more Charlton, Dell, Gold Key/Whitman over the next few days. Some of the Gold Key books are Disney or other cartoon related comics. Let's see what happens here. Thanks for stopping by!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Wizard of OZ (The Tales of), Four Color 1308. Using four-color plates during production, this comic is adapted from the animated T.V. show 'Tales of the Wizard of OZ' from 1962/63.

Because information was scarce on this comic, including sales info, I believe this one may be difficult to find. This is my assumption.

The cover is completely detached, but the interior wraps look pretty good for their age. There is a moderate spine roll, as well as some mildly bent corners through the whole comic...top and bottom. There is a small piece of paper missing from the back cover's left edge. The rest of the defects can be plainly seen in the scans.

GD, give or take; off-white pages.

Because of the lack of previous sales info anywhere, I'm going to throw a price out there. Reasonable offers will be entertained.

$40 (or best offer)

Post 10 IP   flag post
Walt Disney The Beagle Boys vs. Uncle Scrooge #7 (Gold Key). This comic is the Whitman variant.

A bunch of the interior wraps (not including the first few outer wraps) show rough corners either from a bad cut or possible tears. It’s hard to tell, but the first few wraps don’t really show this problem. I doubt it’s bug chew, but my eyes aren’t that good these days. Lol.

I will provide additional scans/photos if requested.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages.

$8

Post 11 IP   flag post
Walt Disney Chip ‘N’ Dale #28 (Gold Key). This comic is the Whitman variant.

This comic isn't in bad shape, minus the full length ink-breaking crease on the front cover's left side. Other defects that are hard to see are lots of crinkles or finger bends on both covers, as well as a few areas of light moisture damage that barely affect the interior pages. Any soiling in these areas is very minimal. The hidden problem is that the four inner wraps inside are detached from the bottom staple.

GD, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$6

Post 12 IP   flag post
Walt Disney Donald Duck #142 (Gold Key). This issue is the Whitman variant.

The cover for this comic is completely detached, but the story is readable.

GD, or less; cream to off-white pages.

$6

Post 13 IP   flag post
Walt Disney Donald Duck #210 (Gold Key). This issue is the Whitman variant, and it contains reprints of Walt Disney’s Donald Duck #70 & #72 (Dell).

The scans speak for themselves, but what you may not see are some of the interior wrap corners at the bottom right are folded over inside. There don't appear to be any tears.

VG/FN, or better; off-white pages.

$8

Post 14 IP   flag post
Anyone remember this cartoon???

Hanna-Barbera The Funky Phantom #7 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

Not a bad looking comic...the scans tell the story. What you don't see is the center wrap is detached from the bottom staple.

GDVG, or better; off-white pages.

$7

Post 15 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Gargoyle #1, limited series. This comic contains Bernie Wrightson works, and it tells the origin of Gargoyle.

I believe I showed this one off in the 'New to your collection' topic, but it's not a high enough grade for me to keep.

This comic will benefit from a press.

FN/VF, or better; I think the pages have a good shot at 'white pages' if graded.

$8

Post 16 IP   flag post
Ghosts #58. This comic is from a long running DC horror/suspense series, in case you didn't already know that. LOL

VG/FN, or better; cream to off-white pages. There is a mild spine roll.

$8

Post 17 IP   flag post
Gold Key Spotlight #7, Wacky Witch. This copy is the Whitman variant.

VG/FN, or better; off-white pages. This comic will benefit from a press.

$8

Post 18 IP   flag post
House of Secrets #123. This cover is the classic ‘melting ice cream head’ artwork.

Plenty of defects here, especially an inch-long tear on the bottom edge, FC. There is also some kind of stuck-on substance above the left eye of the face. I can feel it, but it's not sticky. It probably affects the ink underneath. The book is intact.

GD, maybe better; cream to off-white pages.

$10

Post 19 IP   flag post
I am selling these three comics as a 'lot'. By them for the kids...or grandkids!!

Huey, Dewey, and Louie Junior Woodchucks #13, #35, and #46. All three comics are the Whitman variants.

Issues #13 and #35 have fully detached cover, with #13 have a top staple detached center wrap. Both comics are complete.

Issue #46 could potentially press to a Fine grade or better, if the handful of printer creases press out and clean up. I can provide more scans on request.

$12 shipped, via Media Mail

Post 20 IP   flag post
The Jungle Twins #9 (Gold Key).

Those of you that have visited my sales threads probably know, or at least read, that I don't like throwing comics away and will usually offer them up for free if they have gross defects. I came real close with this one...just couldn't do it. The cover is fully detached, and the comic is incomplete. The entire first wrap is missing.

It's not a valuable comic by any means, but I'm not going to throw it out just yet. So.....

FREE with any purchase

Post 21 IP   flag post
Little Monsters #17 (Gold Key).

This comic also has a fully detached front cover. Both covers are in danger of separating from each other. There are bits of paper falling off the covers, but the book looks to be intact and readable. This one is very tricky putting into and pulling out of the comic bag. So......

FREE with any purchase

Post 22 IP   flag post
Walt Disney Mickey Mouse #160 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

This book is complete. Defects are pretty much covered in the scans. The comic would benefit from a clean and press.

VG/FN, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$8

Post 23 IP   flag post
Walt Disney Mickey Mouse #198 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

This comic is also complete. Defects are pretty much covered in the scans. What may not show is that both covers could really use a press. They are moderately 'crinkly', for lack of a better word, almost like they suffer from very light moisture damage. However, I don't see any staining or damage to the interior pages. It was just a well-read comic.

VG-, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$6

Post 24 IP   flag post
I know I showed this one off because I didn't know what it was based on until someone here enlightened me. Lol

Mod Wheels #14 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

This comic is complete. Defects are pretty much covered in the scans. The comic would benefit from a clean and press. Notice the sizeable printers crease running diagonal across the back of the car. The back cover has some soiling that I can feel. There are more printer creases on the back as well. Both covers have a lot of wrinkling and indentations/finger bends.

VG-, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$10

Post 25 IP   flag post
OMAC #1. This comic features the origin of OMAC, as well as works by Jack Kirby.

Defects are pretty much covered in the scans. The comic would benefit from a clean and press. The back cover has a lot going on. The entire cover has ripped a bit through the staples, showing it out of alignment. It is still firmly attached.

GD+, or better; cream to off-white pages (more cream I think).

$10

Post 26 IP   flag post
Pink Panther #5 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

This comic is complete, but the cover is fully detached and there are plenty of other defects. Some wraps have one to two inch tears from the bottom edge. Let's call this one.....

FREE with any purchase

Post 27 IP   flag post
Porky Pig #49 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant.

The scans say it all, but what you don't see are two center wraps detached from bottom staple. There is also a bent page corner inside.

GD, no more; cream to off-white pages.

$7

Post 28 IP   flag post
Porky Pig 66 (Gold Key). Petunia Pig makes an appearance.

This comic is complete, but the cover is fully detached. So....

FREE with any purchase

Post 29 IP   flag post
Scamp #26 (Gold Key). This copy is the Whitman variant. It features reprints from Four Color #703 and Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories #6 (#354).

This comic is complete. The scans say it all...lots of spine creases and light soiling on both covers. It's hard to tell how many of those spine creases break ink against the white background. I think a clean/press will help this book a bit.

VG/FN, maybe better; cream to off-white pages.

$6

Post 30 IP   flag post
601307 51 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.