Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Anyone see this oopsie from CBCS?18438

Collector DJJK private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbookcollecting/comments/xlealo/thanks_cbcs/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Seriously what is happening with quality control these days?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Labels getting switched happens at CGC too. You can easily find them for sale on eBay. Just search in comics on CGC label error. Wrong books listed on the label, reprints labeled as originals, Signature series labels on books that were not signed.

Shit happens. Occasionally I buy books just because the labeling error makes me laugh.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know what you're talking about...

Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
There's also a where was the quality control at CGC post up on the CGC chat boards that makes you question if QC even exists or if illiterate robots are doing all the work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Batman looks good with the big S on his chest...lol...
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
cbcs does hire humans...mistakes happen. though weird one. but more common with cgc
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
And Superman looks so uncomfy with all the ladies crawling over him. Heck, if you piss Lois off enough she might be able to take both of them...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
There's also a where was the quality control at CGC post up on the CGC chat boards that makes you question if QC even exists or if illiterate robots are doing all the work.

It's bad enough when the correct information is missing... ie. first app or new costume etc.
But to have the wrong label on a book is a simple "I don't care" from the person sitting there at the heat seal machine that loads the book & label and doesn't look at it??????????
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Nearmint67
And Superman looks so uncomfy with all the ladies crawling over him. Heck, if you piss Lois off enough she might be able to take both of them...
lol.......... for sure...
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
And there's supposed to be a final QC check before books are packaged for shipping and that clearly didn't happen here.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd enjoy that "par-tay" this weekend....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Byrdibyrd enjoy that "par-tay" this weekend....

I plan on it! I already had dinner with my sis and we had stunning bison burgers and went for ice cream afterwards. YUM!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I hope the New Teen Titans label otherwise there's potentially lots of books with the wrong label.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Labels getting switched happens at CGC too. You can easily find them for sale on eBay. Just search in comics on CGC label error. Wrong books listed on the label, reprints labeled as originals, Signature series labels on books that were not signed.

Shit happens. Occasionally I buy books just because the labeling error makes me laugh.

Quote:

For either company, these are human mistakes that are bound to happen from time to time. Not a sign of some systemic flaw in the process. I have an issue with customers use social media to make a big deal of things that could be resolved privately. If I ran either company, I would ban those folks from future submissions. Nobody needs customers like that.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan

Quote:

For either company, these are human mistakes that are bound to happen from time to time. Not a sign of some systemic flaw in the process. I have an issue with customers use social media to make a big deal of things that could be resolved privately. If I ran either company, I would ban those folks from future submissions. Nobody needs customers like that.

It's absolutely true that these things happen. I have an unreasonable number of books I have had to return to CGC (some for CBCS, too, though not as many), but the key is not that people make mistakes and sometimes systems have flaws that don't catch the mistakes (facts of life we all get to live with), it's whether or not they fix those mistakes. The answer to that has always been YES, even when I had to wait a while for replies to repeated notices that there are problems, at the end of the day, they have ALL been dealt with. That the errors happened is human, that they fixed them should forgive those errors. The folks who air their grievances on YouTube or some other platform open to the general public, or try to sell them as-is for an extra buck on eBay, should be blacklisted from submitting comics, just as @EbayMafia said. No justification for that behaviour.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It's bad enough when the correct information is missing... ie. first app or new costume etc.
But to have the wrong label on a book is a simple "I don't care" from the person sitting there at the heat seal machine that loads the book & label and doesn't look at it??????????

I believe it is entirely possible - in fact I know it be true for some departments - that people working at CGC are not "comic book people". The customer service people, the accountants, shipping - and encapsulation. Their job functions demand specific skill sets - but it doesn't demand a lot of knowledge about comic books. All of these positions may well be on loan from or normally work in the cards or posters departments.

Receiving, grading, QC for CGC/CBCS. These are the positions that need specific comic book knowledge. So the people encapsulating books could easily know NOTHING about comic books and still do their job well. IF the system works properly. IF the book up next in the computer is also the book up next in the stack.

QC on the other hand really should know comics. I bet any of us here would recognize a Batman comic in a Superman slab. But I do know myself well enough to say that I could easily make a mistake and not notice a signature series book had no signature. Or that a reprint is labeled as original. Some reprints look almost exactly the same.

So as I and others have said. It's human beings and mistakes get made. And as byrdibyrd said, the really important part is if mistakes are fixed. Hopefully without a lot of effort on the owner's part.
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
The folks who air their grievances on YouTube or some other platform open to the general public, or try to sell them as-is for an extra buck on eBay, should be blacklisted from submitting comics

Blacklisting customers is a terrible business idea. If I were a customer or shareholder and found out CGC had a department that spent all their time searching the internet for slabs with label errors up for sale, or complaints on social media, I'd be upset that those resources weren't in the QC dept. instead.

And CGC is smart. They allow the venting on their forums because they know if they didn't, people would vent everywhere else. Plus, staff is involved and helping.

Like CGC forum members discuss, it's not the same here. For the most part, threads get shut down because they don't want complaints mentioned. So you see them on reddit, etc, etc.

And the audience is much bigger there than here.
Post 18 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJK
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbookcollecting/comments/xlealo/thanks_cbcs/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Seriously what is happening with quality control these days?

As others have said... zzz @ this label error.
It's not some symptom of a flawed QC dept. at CBCS. Compared to the competition, they seem to do very well in fact. Unless you have lots of other examples from "these days"?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 - more common because they’re grading 10x the books
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

If you read the Reddit thread, the OP stated that he/she 1) waited over a year for his books and 2) can’t get CBCS to return his/her phone calls. It could be that the person with the issue doesn’t hang around the forum. Therefore, they have no idea that getting a response out of CBCS’s customer service via the phone isn’t the way to correct the issue. Although, I’m not clear what the proper channel would be based upon the customer service/problem threads that get posted here.

How would you suggest that person reach out to customer service to get the quickest response?
Post 21 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
cbcs does hire humans...mistakes happen. though weird one. but more common with cgc

How did you quantify this?
Post 22 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 23 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd

Batman looks good with the big S on his chest...lol...

That's not an 'S' ... it stands for Hope.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Labels getting switched within a single order happens...though it probably shouldn't. This is one of the easiest parts of QC. I just hope there is a Teen Titans with the FF nverified label somewhere in this same order. If not, labels got switched between different orders. That's a much bigger issue.

Since we're all aware of the CS issues at CBCS I think we'd be jumping the gun to assume this customer didn't attempt to reach-out to CBCS prior to this posting. Also, the nature of the post is fairly mundane. The title wasn't "CBCS the worst company ever....screw them" or anything.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I just hope there is a Teen Titans with the FF nverified label somewhere in this same order. If not, labels got switched between different orders. That's a much bigger issue.

There is. It's in the 2nd photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Since we're all aware of the CS issues at CBCS I think we'd be jumping the gun to assume this customer didn't attempt to reach-out to CBCS prior to this posting.

He stated he had been trying and is frustrated at getting no response.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
When labels are accidentally switched in an order it makes me wonder what happens when an order has multiple entries of the same book. For example I tend to buy multiples of a book I think will be key. How do I know they didn't swap the 9.6 and 9.8 books labels?
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Bluntly put, no one really knows anything about what happens to their books on their encapsulation journey. Sending books off to be graded requires enough faith and trust to make an Apostle blush.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte That is a very real concern. Nothing we can do about it, unfortunately.

On a somewhat related note...
Does anybody here know the procedure for matching the label to the book? In other words, once the grader is done grading the book and passes it off to encapsulation, how do they know what grade the book gets? Do the graders enter it into a computer ... or lay a piece of paper on top of the book? What I'm getting at is, is there something physical (print out, badge, a simple note) that is physically attached/with the comic to tell whoever prints out the label what grade to give it? Maybe it's color-coded tray that the comic sit in?
Post 29 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
When labels are accidentally switched in an order it makes me wonder what happens when an order has multiple entries of the same book. For example I tend to buy multiples of a book I think will be key. How do I know they didn't swap the 9.6 and 9.8 books labels?

This definitely has happened. I have seen a thread or two before in which someone complained that the NM was labeled 8.0, and vice-versa. With the margin you used as an example, would we even be able to tell?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600922 41 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?