Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Comicless for almost 300 days18429

Collector Juicecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I sent 2 copies of 1991 x-men #1 signed by Jim lee into cbcs to get signature verified. This is my first time grading comics and I am nervous because it is over the turnaround time listed. I understand that they can’t get to it immediately but they have been out for almost 300 days and they’re still in pre grade. What should I do?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Wish I had a good answer for you. You can always call Customer service and see what they say.

But if you sent those books in the least expensive service then it's probably going to be about a year before they are done. Last summer the grading companies got just totally inundated with submissions and it's taking a year.

My oldest submission at CBCS that is not yet done is Sept 20, 2021.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
My oldest is September 4th (it's been in 'grading' for months), but I did send in another submission at the same time. Both submissions were 'Modern' with no bells/whistles, but one had a lot of pre-screen and the other didn't. I figured I may get the non-pre-screen submission back a little faster. I was WRONG!! The pre-screen books are back and have been for a couple weeks. I'm hoping the other books start moving along soon!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I appreciate the stories it makes me feel a little bit better about the situation 👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry about turnaround times. They don't mean anything. Last year they were estimating 17 weeks when I submitted 40 books. It took 51.
Just trust they are there and they'll get to them eventually.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicecomics
I appreciate the stories it makes me feel a little bit better about the situation 👍

Yes, it’s frustrating, but as other have mentioned, don’t worry about TATs. On 10/24/21, I submitted 4 grading tiers with 2 different shipping methods. The what-was-then 2-day Modern came back in 5 weeks. Still waiting for the Consumer, Expanded, and Modern since in this case they all go by the lowest tier for TATs. Yes, I am anxious, but I have faith that the comics will be sent back to me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
my oldest is from around Nov. when I submitted at a convention. been processing since dec 15th. I remember being told 17 weeks but nothing I can do but wait. I look at it as...if I didnt submit would be in a drawer or cabinet
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
if I didnt submit would be in a drawer or cabinet

Exactly. It's not like I get my submissions back sooner if I wait to send them in.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

Exactly. It's not like I get my submissions back sooner if I wait to send them in.

True! And they are currently saving me space. I guess 2 slab short boxes are not that much extra. I rather have them on shelves than stacked on the floor.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i dont mind the wait. i mean do I wish it wasnt such a long wait. Yes. But knowing how nice my "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" #9 (first Lord Drakkon) will look slabbed.

they get to it when they can get to it. I have a bunch of comics that are in my "get graded when I can" drawers (anything else is in bins)

when my submitted is returned slabbed. will display it
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

But there's no denying they're safe from the mishaps happening at both companies.
Post 11 IP   flag post
That September 4th submission I mentioned above just moved to encapsulation today along with another submission from September 9th. Maybe they'll ship out next week?? Pretty please??
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Wish you luck!

If that timeline holds true, maybe I will get my books in 7 weeks?! Better not get my hopes up, but one can dream
Post 13 IP   flag post
I have an update! Literally the day after posting the original post I got an email saying my books are graded and on their way!!!!! I think they heard me bitching and gave it to me faster lol, but I appreciate everyone’s input so thank you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
601329 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?