Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Daredevil 1 at Comic Connect18426

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
There is a 9.6 Daredevil 1 ending tonight. Currently it sits at $74,000.00. Where do you think it ends up?

I have nothing to do with this book. I’m interested as Daredevil is my favorite character and Daredevil 1 was forgotten as a key, compared to other Marvel books, until about 5 years ago.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Gosh, I remember when you could have this issue on the cheap. Never thought I'd see the day when a high grade was pulling down this kind of weight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Probably a good investment regardless of strike price.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
For my 13th birthday (1975), my sister handed me a wrapped box. Inside were a can of Pork-n-Beans, a bottle of Tahitian Treat, and a DD #1. I doubt it was NM (no number grades back then), especially after I read it. I sold it when I went off to college - for a pittance.

I predict this 9.6 sells for more than the value of my house. It's close to there already.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard - Where can you get a house for that price in todays world?

Please say you’re in Montana or Wyoming, because I’ll be buying this weekend if that’s the case.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man, now I kinda feel ashamed. And I just vacuumed this morning, too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
At $78k. I’ll guess $105k.

Multiple copies sold recently in same grade. Both slightly above my guess of $105k.

I have been following the recent CC auctions very closely. So closely you could almost say I’ve been participating. Nearly snagged a book yesterday. Perhaps someday soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
There is a 9.6 Daredevil 1 ending tonight. Currently it sits at $74,000.00. Where do you think it ends up?

I have nothing to do with this book. I’m interested as Daredevil is my favorite character and Daredevil 1 was forgotten as a key, compared to other Marvel books, until about 5 years ago.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Gaard - 🤣 No need for shame - My section of the country is just not priced in a pleasant fashion.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

Try a bid of $91,000. You just may win it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
@Gaard - Where can you get a house for that price in todays world?

Please say you’re in Montana or Wyoming, because I’ll be buying this weekend if that’s the case.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

paid just under 8k for this book, it was over gpa when I bought it thinking it was undervalued. Compared to other blue chip marvel keys, still a bargain
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Crazy prices maybe one day I can get a 0.5 that a hobo blew his boogers on or something
Post 12 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck - You showed Braddock, PA. Is there any reason for that or was it random because your from Canada?

Asking because there’s a political war developing with Fetterman and Oz in PA.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Book went for about $111k

As for buying a house for $10k… good luck.

Some homes in Detroit list for <$1k but you have to add a few (tens) of thousands to make habitable and then (often) a few more tens of thousands for outstanding taxes and other liens/liabilities.

Reminds me of a buddy who got a steal of a deal bidding on some Florida real estate. Missed the small fact that a mortgage that still attached (nearly tripled the “headline” price).
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Thanks, I’ve been at cross country practice and missed it.

That’s about a grand under where I thought it might end up. So, it is a book that is holding its value.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
@CaptainCanuck - You showed Braddock, PA. Is there any reason for that or was it random because your from Canada?

Asking because there’s a political war developing with Fetterman and Oz in PA.

That’s right. The little flag with the red leaf denotes a random post 😉

But seriously, I could have picked any state. It seems there are political collisions going on throughout the country right now, not just PA.
Post 17 IP   flag post
597922 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?