Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Star Trek # 1 Gold Key 1967 William Shatner Signature - Your Advice Please18423

Collector ODoyleRules private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
If he would be for it, I'd probably go with "to boldly go".

This was my first inclination. Or either just "Go Boldly!"

The whole phrase "To boldly go where no man has gone before" would be cool, but is too many words for an inscription.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@ODoyleRules Where are you getting the signature from?

He is at the Cincinnati Comic Expo this weekend.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ODoyleRules Dang, not enough time for me to make arrangements. The book will probably be delivered to me on Thursday
Post 28 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Look to see if CBCS or CGC is doing "Witness" first!!

Do that instead of VSP... save the headache of being rejected even though it was signed in front of you.

also dont get it inscribed. reduces the value.

Most people wont want to buy an autographed Shatner made out to "To Tony" etc...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@ODoyleRules he's all over. lol
Post 30 IP   flag post

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Happy birthday I hope you have a great day!!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

I did the front cover on all three of mine as they are all photo backs. I didn’t want to take away from photo on the back. #2 and #3 are photo back variants.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head
Thank you! I'll do my best. Getting dinner arrangements together with my sis.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

Neither one is at the Cincy Comic Expo. Also not sure how much longer Mr. Shatner will be signing at 91 years old. I think it's wise to get it signed sooner as opposed to later.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODoyleRules
Quote:

Neither one is at the Cincy Comic Expo. Not sure how much longer Mr. Shatner will be signing either at 91 years old. I think it's wise to get it signed sooner as opposed to later.

Yes, it is. We've lost a few great creators lately, too.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I had him sign the Gold Key #33 because it had more images of Kirk/Shatner than any other cover I could find.

On your particular book I'd probably just have him sign on the back, and while I'm not big on inscriptions there's plenty of room under his picture for a 'Beam me up' or 'Get a life's etc.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Neither one is at the Cincy Comic Expo. Not sure how much longer Mr. Shatner will be signing either at 91 years old. I think it's wise to get it signed sooner as opposed to later.

Yeah, I missed a chance to see Leonard Nimoy a year or two before he passed, last time I made that mistake, had to settle for VSP for my Trek collection
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
Behold, my Shatner

Post 39 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head nice!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
@multi007 thanks
Post 41 IP   flag post
@Madman
Very nice! That's a pretty decent copy, too. Jealous!
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Madman

@Byrdibyrd I agree!

I have an affinity towards GA/SA 6.0 presentable books. They stood the test of time and still look great.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Madman

@Byrdibyrd I agree!

I have an affinity towards GA/SA 6.0 presentable books. They stood the test of time and still look great.

Older books look great in 6.0, and they're so much more affordable.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
I would have him sign the back cover only. Two sigs would seem to be redundant and somehow egotistical on my part. Hard to explain. No inscriptions. That front cover belongs to Nimoy and the back cover to Shatner, IMO. So that's why it would be back cover for me.
Post 45 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One signature on the the front. Having him sign twice would look like he made a mistake.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
I would have him sign the back cover only. Two sigs would seem to be redundant and somehow egotistical on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
One signature on the the front. Having him sign twice would look like he made a mistake.

At least I got consensus on one signature -- Maybe a coin flip for front or back cover?

I wonder if Mr. Shatner would have a preference? Maybe I should ask him. My thoughts are that he probably could care less.
Post 47 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He doesn't care as long as he gets the bucks.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
He doesn't care as long as he gets the bucks.

Yeah. He'd probably sign someones ass if he got paid for it.

I would personally love a signed ST #1 from Shatner. If it were my book, it would be the back cover. His photo is there. They were pushing Spock at us and so his photo was usually featured prominently on the front.

There is a photo here of Shatner signing on the Spock side of the cover and while nice, I have to force it in my head to make sense. Back cover is an easy sell. Then we would get to surprise the people drooling on the book. Flip it over. Read 'em and weep!

On the front would feel like Neal Adams signing a Spider-Man book. Sort of. And then having to field the obvious questions:

"Wull, why did Shatner sign over Spock? Why didn't Nimoy sign over Spock?"

"Well, because he's....you know....DEAD."

"Yah, but still..."

"Ok. Just leave me alone. Gimme my book back."
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:

Hmmm....I did not think about this as an option....this would solve having to make a decision between the front or back cover.

"To boldly go where no man has gone before" would be a perfect inscription too!*

*Not counting my proctologist.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm....I did not think about this as an option....this would solve having to make a decision between the front or back cover.

"To boldly go where no man has gone before" would be a perfect inscription too!*

*Not counting my proctologist.

My sister got her arm signed by her favorite frontman and took it downtown and now it's a tattoo. Just sayin'. Options.

I personally wouldn't have Shatner sign my ass just in case my proctologist is a Star Trek fan.
Post 51 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Back cover.
Post 52 IP   flag post
If CGC or CBCS arent attending, keep an eye out for those "authorized" 3rd party witness guys...

They are just as good.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
If CGC or CBCS arent attending, keep an eye out for those "authorized" 3rd party witness guys...

They are just as good.

Wait...You're saying if Shatner signs my ass, I may be able to get it authenticated? The signed ass option keeps getting better and better.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
have him write stardate and the days date he signed it

Or I found this site where you can convert the current date to a stardate. Could be a cool option to have him date it by the actual stardate.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601201 105 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?