Looks pretty good.
Post 102 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Looks pretty good.
Thanks
Post 103 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Late afternoon Canadian staple...dark roast coffee.

Post 104 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
boneless chicken breast, risotto and green beans.

Post 105 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 106 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Yum! Sprinkle a packet of Sweet n low, cinnamon and microwave for 2 minutes (or less for a smaller apple). Presto! Apple pie for breakfast

Post 107 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't normally drink oj mostly because whatever the heck they make it out of it tastes horrible!!

Today though I broke out my juicer to make fresh!!

4 oranges = 2 and 1/4 glasses!

Post 108 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 109 IP   flag post
Chicken fried rice courtesy of PF Changs.

Post 110 IP   flag post
Post 111 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Post 112 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Made four pizzas. NY style (three pictured).

Post 113 IP   flag post

Post 114 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
What are you going to smoke first?
Post 115 IP   flag post
Pork shoulder or butt. I have to burn off all the oils a couple times first though I guess.

Edit: it gets up to 500 degrees, I guess you could grill on it as well.
Post 116 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. The burn in sux but it's a gotta do with all cooking items. If you have a Costco membership I think ribs are on sale ....
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yeah. The burn in sux but it's a gotta do with all cooking items. If you have a Costco membership I think ribs are on sale ....
i have a membership but I probably won’t be able to burn in until next weekend. My freezer is pretty full, I got salmon last night which I’m familiar with smoking already.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Does your unit have wireless capabilities? Like letting you know when you hit a certain temp on the meat?
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does your unit have wireless capabilities? Like letting you know when you hit a certain temp on the meat?
Yes. I guarantee that'll be the last thing I worry about. The temperature probe you put in the meat is cool too. There's a whole to run the wire out and plug into the unit. My KC homey sent me one as well so I may try that one first.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches and beer can chicken.

It was the first time I smoked pork shoulder in the Kamado Joe and it turned out fantastic. Chicken was great too. I smoked the pork shoulder at 275 for 5 hours. I used all natural charcoal from Costco and a few chunks of apple wood mixed in with the charcoal.

Post 121 IP   flag post
Oh boy!!!!!! I dream of a pic like that that I post!

Edit: I’ve done turkey breast and chicken in my little guy but I always have to zap it with my propane grill or oven.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Oh boy!!!!!! I dream of a pic like that that I post!

Edit: I’ve done turkey breast and chicken in my little guy but I always have to zap it with my propane grill or oven.

This is the youtube video I followed to smoke my pork shoulder. I will definitely do this again.

Post 123 IP   flag post
Awesome, thanks @GAC.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Awesome, thanks @GAC.

Anytime!! I look forward to seeing photos of what you cook up!!!! It'll be great I'm sure!
Post 125 IP   flag post
Watched the you tube video you linked. One question, do you have to remove everything to add charcoal if you run outta fuel?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Watched the you tube video you linked. One question, do you have to remove everything to add charcoal if you run outta fuel?

You do...I actually had to do that today. I did it fast though to minimize heat loss. Next time I will just start with more charcoal than I did today.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Watched the big Joe with full basket video go for 50+ hours. How the he'll it manages that is beyond me. Simply amazing
Post 128 IP   flag post
Breakfast casserole.

Post 129 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Char siu after 24hr marinade and ~1hr roast. Half of the ~6.5lbs (3kgs for Canadians/row) we made.

Tonight over rice with stir fry veggies. Some will later go into steamed pork buns (will prep some additional filling). None will go to waste.

No food coloring so not bright red.

Post 130 IP   flag post
601357 999 30